Old Lumens give away's has some competition. The winner has been drawn.

Mr Lumens in his generosity along with light suppliers Manafont, LightsCastle and Tmart appears to have single handedly taken over this forum.
Mr Lumens would have to be one off the most popular members here.
Should a member be allowed to be this popular or should there be a method that we can make really popular members be less popular.
Just asking that’s all and no its not sour grapes because he banned me from one off his giveaways.
I’m open to all suggestions.
Best response will win something cheap from one off the above light suppliers.
Cheers all.

Thanks to all that joined in on the fun. Straight up I can say without prejudice that OL is my all time favorite top bloke member here. I did try and get him to adopt me at one stage but there was a lot of words that I did not understand said to me. I think that being the gentleman Texan he is, was speaking Mexican to me so my wife did not understand what he was saying and get me in trouble. Or maybe thinking about it in the now cold hard heart of the day he was more than likely telling me to go to BLEEEEP myself. Its good to see that we are one big happy family here that came through to me in more ways than one.
Lets support the sponsors here that support us.

And the winner is post 61. Try again, 1, again 19, this random org must be rigged. One more time, 58. Yay, DBC you are the winner of the OL MR popularity thread. I’ll send you a PM.

Cheers and thanks again guys.

Yes, I think.

Saved for prosperity. To anyone that thinks I’m being horrible to Old Lumens only I shall know. :wink:

kreisler is in. Thanks for joining in on the fun.

I hate random.org
wait!
“banned me from one off his giveaways”
oh, now I know why random.org never picks me…

i feel tricked yikes!!

Yes.

Or no.

What's the question?

foregoing medication as demonstrated now and then…

Popularity carries a price and is a double edged sword. I have a giveaway going right now, but I’m not doing it to be popular. I just want to be a good member. Even if I wanted popularity, it just takes too much time, effort, and money. I think it is fine if someone is popular. As long as they don’t abuse the power that comes with it. Shame on those that do.

I guess my answer is yes, someone should be allowed to be as popular as they can be. I believe there is already a method to make someone less popular . It is to campaign against their popularity. There is a risk such action can actually make the person more popular though.

I think there are many folks here that have a quiet popularity that is not obvious. You are one of those folks. :slight_smile: You seem to always be positive and kind with your words. You are nurturing to fragile new comers. You also contribute much to this forum and elevate it with your craftsmanship. You are very popular due to your character. I think if anyone tried to attack you, they would find out real fast how popular you are to folks like me.

Thanks ImA4Wheelr for joining in. You are a good member and would be an even better member if you linked your giveaway here so we would have double the power to knock the king of the throne. 3 cheers for ImA4Weelr.

Like kreisler, Im starting to get picky too. And I get more picky for every month that goes by. I participate in less then 1/3 of the giveaways I come by. I have many nice lights and have no need for something that just collects dust. So if Im in, I want a light that contributes to my collection of lights. Not an inferior or fairly similar light to what I already have. I don't want to win something that another member would probably be much more grateful to own and use.

I think you are well liked on this forum MrsDNF, despite your lunacy. 0:) :p But if you send me a BTU shocker, or fairly similar light that would considerably boost your popularity. Just saying..

Giveaways - no thanks.
I have a small no. of lights and that is more than enough for daily use.
I like OL not for his popularity, but for his mellowed thoughts and philosophy.
Should he reign supreme here, it is the natural order of things, I guess.

It’s an internet forum, not a playground. ‘Popularity’ doesn’t really matter or have the same presence as a real world group. I feel that each post should be primarily judged on it’s content rather than it’s poster, in fact I often don’t even read who posted what, just the content of the posts.

This I think is true of me as well. Giveaways may add to popularity, but not directly, instead by demonstrating the principles that people live by. O-L seems to be a very outward centred person who genuinely doesn’t feel comfortable in taking/having more than what he sees as his fair share. An amount which I personally think that he sets too low. I’m sure that he would be disappointed that anyone could think that he was doing giveaways for selfish motives. Any that he does gain from what he does is in my opinion well-deserved, because I think he is doing it for the right reasons.

I also hardly ever enter giveaways, mainly because I’m lucky enough to have everything I really need/want already. I will only enter if it is something special/unique on offer, otherwise I think others would appreciate it more, so there is no point. The same applies for this giveaway btw.

Old-Lumens loves his Maglites, that’s all I know.

I have yet to win a giveaway.

Why is this?

because pickles.

This thread >>> :Sp :Sp :Sp .

The only way to compete is for you to out-do him in the giveaways, and become the ultimate flashlight philanthropist! It's the only way!

I concur with you all about the giveaways. I simply dont enter many contests either as I feel there are far more worthy members out there. This isnt about popularity. Its simply about having a bit off a laugh. More importantly OL sponsors have even got more publicity as I thought that the generosity they have shown OL should not go unrewarded, from me anyway and this is my thanks to them as well. Thanks all for your thoughts and have some fun. Cheers guys. Yes there still is a very cheap giveaway, paid for by myself as I dont have sponsors and any members that respond here may well be the winner.

Well, it certainly applies! :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though, for me the giveaways are an inspiration to new members. A way for the noobs to join in with the group and possibly start a collection to get them well on their way to being flashaholics so the rest of us won’t feel quite so bad for how deeply involved with our lights we are.

In a big way, we’re all lunatics. To get so involved in something so primitive as a flashlight. The monies and time spent in the elusive hunt for the great white wall killer does indeed sometimes border on the insane. Is this a bad thing? Guess it all depends on an individuals situation. As it’s our individual situations that bring us all here and establish our standing in the order. I know a guy that just quit smoking to fund the purchase of a new car. Literally. He smoked $240 a month in cigarettes and by quitting he now has a $240 a month car payment on a 2014 Ford Escape.

So my point is that we all need a way to spend our down time. Something that relaxes and entertains us and might possibly even have some real world value. Flashlights. Oh sure, we’re insane to the rest of the world when the power is on! But no one questions our sanity when the lights go out and we have spare high powered flashlights and a box full of potent Li-ion replacement cells! That even sounds funny to me, but when hurricanes, tornado’s, floods and earthquakes knock power out for days, weeks, months even…then there’s nothing funny about it at all! So I think the desire to acquire some good lights is a good one.

And folks like Justin make that happen. He shows the newcomers that just about any light can be modified to be brighter, have the desired beam pattern or color tint, be a flooder or a thrower, and for the most part not cost a whole lot. That’s what Old-Lumens is all about, make it what you want don’t sit around complaining about what’s not available. His talents, unique approach and helpful video’s further this “popularity” among those striving to learn. Should there be limits to this? Certainly not! Should we as a group strive to support this kind of mentality? Absolutely! Should we as flashaholics work diligently to inflict this lunacy on others? But of course!

And the folks out there that take it up a notch and build professional looking lights on lathes, such as yourself Steve, should also be applauded! Showing us noobs that once you get comfortable modding there are options that can take you over the top. :slight_smile: We need folks like you to make copper pills for our HD2010’s that come to us needing TLC. Folks like Match that set new standards in machining mods and ChicagoX who’s level of perfection is stunningly inspirational. People like Rufusbduck that re-create the simple dream into a masterpiece of bar-napkin art. All the folks here that join in and show how, tell why, give honest reviews and support innocent…sometimes ignorant…questions with generous patient answers and help are the populars.

Like Comfychair, Rufusbduck, JohnnyMac, PilotPTK, TexasPyro, Old-Lumens himself, Pulsar, Ohaya, Scaru, Kriesler, HKJ, Nitro, RaceR86, on and on and on the list goes with generously helpful “lunatics” with one thing in common. Promoting Budget Light Forum to make it the best place in the World for anyone with an interest in handheld light sources to enter into in order to facilitate their needs or desires in owning or modding or building the flashlight of their dreams. Man, woman, boy, girl whether from the US or India or Australia or Turkey…anyone from any point on the globe is welcomed here wholeheartedly! A very unique and welcome experience awaits one and all, for which we can all say THANK YOU to SB for making it possible.

Humor, MRsDNF or Foy style, brings color and dimension to the Worlds best atmosphere!

Thanks everyone, for making BLF THE place to go!

I’ve never given MRsDNFs popularity much thought, but my cat is a huge fan.