MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Did I know they made the 3400 high capacity? Interesting…

I see now that they’re 3200 not 3400 and the Protected version is good up to around 6.5A. Still should work even with an FET driver as those usually do less than 6.5A anyway when powering a single XM-L2.

Nice option…

I just received the new M6 with the latest 7 level firmware. If you just use short and medium switch presses it acts like the older version. If give a 1 second switch press with the light on then it turns off from whatever brightness it was at prior to pressing the switch, though it does drop one level momentarily before turning off fully. The next short depression turns it on at the same level it was at prior to being turned off.

A one second or longer press from off causes the light to turn on momentarily then turn off. If done from the old off position between maximum and minimum output levels then the momentary on is at maximum brightness. If done from the off achieved by the one second depression of the switch then the momentary on flash is at the next level lower than the level the light was turned off from. Actually harder to explain clearly than to use and the new UI allows light turn on at other than minimum or maximum if you prefer to usually use a particular intermediate level as I suspect many users will as minimum on the M6 is a very low moonlight mode and high is excessively bright for many uses.

IMO it is definitely an improvement once you get used to it.

I need to test my code. He probably did what I did. I couldn't think of a way to go direct to off. Going down a level before turning off is unavoidable without changing a lot more code, and it's a lot easier to check if the switched is still pressed, then turn off the LED's and incrementing the mode level at the same time. Turning back on in the last used mode doesn't take anything extra because the light already remembered which mode it was in before turning the LED's off. It's fortunate that the code was written in a way that a little change could add that feature be implemented almost perfectly and have it be intuitive.

leaftye, I think we have talked about it and yes I believe that we came to the same solution.

Not sure if I mentioned this here in the past or not. Nitecore’s 60mm diffuser and red, green and blue filters fit the SupFire M6 and SRK lights perfectly and with the low modes available on the RMM modified M6 the red filter makes it an excellent red light for night vision preservation and field astronomy use. The main body of the filters is a rubbery plastic which seems to work fine on lights from about 58mm bezel O.D. to 61+mm. This includes the Fenix TK50 and TK60 lights too. Can even fit the Small Sun ZY-T08 bezel with some stretching and it is 62.6mm by my measurement.

Richard;

I note from your web site that you now list a 16650 battery with 2200 mAh capacity. The Efest 16650 unprotected button top. Not mentioned in your # 2256 new items post. I will be ordering some to try in my dual CR123 cell lights. Surprised it is such a uncommon cell considering the number of flashlights bored for CR123 and 16340 batteries that are too small in internal diameter to take a 18650. Many Surefire lights per my understanding plus others.

You guys need to get some 26650 back in stock. I hear the keeppower 4200mah are pretty good…

That’s what I’m thinking Dangerous. I’m first want to know if the Efest’s have improved or where relabeled. If you check out HKJ’s comparator, you’ll see the Efest 3000 where the same as KP 3500. (MNKE) The KP 4200 is the best tested battery I know of currently, but if the Efest’s improved proportionately to their rating, then they’d deserve a look first… Did I just make any sense?

Gotta remember that the battery industry really isn’t driven by flashaholic needs. 18650’s are used for all kinds of things and have been for some time now. As far as I know CR123A cells are used for fire/rescue/police equipment and that’s about it at this point. In my experience those folks generally either use a light that runs on [department-issued] CR123A primaries or they use a light with an integrated rechargeable pack (also often department issued). The number of people with a light bored for CR123A and a desire to run it on a grey-market rechargeable cell is rather… slim. That said, the 2200mAh 16650 sure does look sweet!

Seeing as how many of the posters, and presumably kibitzers, of this group are light builders and modifiers I thought that I would pass this on. I have been using Fastener Express for several years as my source for small metric fasteners. They have a good selection of Torx drive fasteners in several head designs and materials as well as regular socket head and Philips head fasteners in sizes starting at 1.5mm. Many items in stainless steel. Very fast shipping. I ordered some items today and received a shipping tracking info email in an hour. Not the cheapest but for small quantity purchases they are hard to beat.

http://www.fastener-express.com/

Cool, Rich- they even have nylon socket head screws. Nice.

FYI - my integration sphere is complete - this is what I measured on the convoy triple XPG2 R4 5A1 5.8 amps

1414 High at turn on
1321 High at 30 sec
462 Medium
59 Low
3 Firefly

test done on a fresh samsung 20r

Is that at the 5.8A drive current?

yes

Good Morning RMM,

I made an order last night but unfortunately I made a mistake. I need to change the order to remove something and add more things, please check your PM before sending the order on monday.

All the details about the order and changes will be on the PM.

Thanks in advance for your help

AlexGT

I don’t know if this has been posted, but RMM has some XM-L and XM-L2 emitters on 16mm or 20mm Noctigons on sale in random CW tints:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/search&search=bargain

I just picked up a couple.

I noticed that Richard has been a BLF member for 1 year in another 9 days per his personal information, July 22 it looks like. Congratulations Richard! You have contributed a lot to the group and it’s members with your business and knowledge.

Congratulations Richard and thanks for all your hard work for the BLF community!

When is your S6 coming back in stock?

And add a big Thank You! :bigsmile:

And for the record, 3 of the XP-L’s on a Noctigon triple in a chopped mini mag pull 7.84A from an AW IMR14500 for 2070 lumens. The Convoy S6 with it’s 18650 should probably make 3000 lumens with this set up. Gonna try? :wink: