MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

The winter blend may be part of the problem, but the other part also seems to be the temperature. Once I brought the gasoline inside (sealed container, of course), the dedomes went a lot better. Outside when it was cold it didn't work well at all.

Rich,

Can those quad boards be run 4S?

According to the solder mask here, the only options appear to be 4P or 2S2P. However, the listing on your website says 4S as a configuration as well. Do you have a diagram as to how to wire for that?

Thanks,

Hill

From the looks of it, the board is pre-wired to work in those two ways only. But, if you wanted, you could cut the traces joining each pair (on the left and right) and wire them individually to make it whatever configuration you want.

I thought that as well. I was hoping that I was just missing something.

Hopefully Rich can chime in to clarify.

I may have been mistaken. After looking at it, you could run 4S but you would have to cut traces and run additional jumper wires. I will update the listing.

Thanks Rich.

I also started the same discussion in Alexey ‘Dsche’ original thread here.

The same conclusion was reached as well.

Hey RMM, can you explain the rebate with the Xtar VP4?

If I order that charger and $12 of cells, the cells are essentially free? am I misunderstanding?

I think you’ve got it. AFAIK it’s just MAP stuff - RMM is unable to discount the VP4 itself below the posted price.

That's right. I can't discount the charger, but I can give away free stuff with it.

Hmm you might get another order from me soon. Any idea when you’ll get more of the Panasonic 2900mah protected cells?

It is going to be a few weeks before I get more batteries.

Is that the only charger that you have the rebate offer on?

Yes.

Richard, for the new quad optics, is ‘spot’ smaller than ‘medium spot’? Just wanting clarification. and will the S2 spacers work with the quads and the S2+?

Spot is smaller than medium spot. Same as 10507 to 10508 3UP.

The spacers are too long for the S2+ and unless you are a magician, no quad optic is going to fit into that host (they are 24mm).

Your bundle page says different:

Carclo Lens Specifications

• Diameter: 20mm
  • Height: 6mm

Oops! The lens is 24mm for the quad.

Oops! Indeed. Going to take a lot of Superlube and a mallet to get that in a S2+.

I’m sure if you get it hot enough, it’ll slide ooze right in!

So, since one cannot put a glass lens on top of the optics because it messes up the beam pattern, what flashlights out there use a 24mm lens?