Return my E01 to Wallbuys? Beam shape sucks!

I got my E01 on Tuesday and the beam is not round and doesn’t have a hot spot, instead it is more like a Batman signaling device, it throws an odd shape on the wall.

It almost seems like it has two leds with a shadow in between, similar to a set of breasts, I can roll it to be horizontal, or vertical.

I bought it at Wallbuys and now I wonder what one does in this situation, this is the worst beam that I have ever seen, and I don’t mean the tint, I was prepared for that.

Did you try loosening the reflector and re-tightening it to center the emitter?

Oblong beam shape is normal for a Nichia GS. They’re known for it.

If you’re not going to return it or sell it, try scrubbing the dome with #0000 steel wool. It kills the throw, but it evens out the tint and the beam shape. Turns it into a good short range flood light.

Or just use it to signal when you need breasts.

My old E0 was fine, dim of course, but a good beam, this is terrible and not what I expected from Fenix.

I already had a second one coming from Wallbuys, are they all this bad? The deformed beam really hurts it’s effectiveness.

I guess that depends on how bad yours is. I’ve never seen one with a perfectly round beam. The worst one I saw had the beam going off at a 20 degree angle.