Beamshots - My Throwers

The candidates:

- OEM Big Head K8. 2.8A, XM-L2 U2 1A de-domed, single IMR 1500mAh.

- Courui/Big Head Torch XP-G2. Around 4.2A, XP-G2 R5 2B de-domed, NCR18650B.

- Courui/Big Head Torch XM-L2. Around 5A, XM-L2 U2 1A de-domed, NCR18650B.

- Convoy L2. Around 5A, XM-L2 U2 1A de-domed, King Kong 26650 4000mAh

• BTU ShockerVn. Around 4.5A for each LED, XM-L2 (unknown tint) de-domed, NCR18650PF

The pics. I apologise for the noise, but this old camera is the only camera that I’ve got that can fix both the aperture and shutter speed and I had to bump the ISO all the way up to 1600. But FYI, the shutter speed was 0.3” and the aperture was 3.2.

Distance of around 147 metres or 482 feet

Control. The target is the tops of a eucalypt tree.

OEM Big Head K8

Courui/Big Head Torch XP-G2

Courui/Big Head Torch XM-L2

Convoy L2

BTU ShockerVn

I had a D40A in the car as well and I did give that one a shot, but it just couldn’t hit the target. I was pleasantly surprised that my one cell thrower, the K8 was able to do an ok job. I really liked the XP-G2 beam in the Courui/Big Head Torch, it works really well as a thrower. Between the XM-L2s, Big Head and Convoy L2, I am not sure why the L2 looks brighter because ceiling bounce tests show they are equally bright. However, I guess “out in the field”, the L2 simply appears brighter on the target. Otherwise, the throw on either one of them, again, IMHO is impressive. Finally, the BTU ShockerVn simply blew away the competition. It throws and it does it with so much light as well.

Album pics for full resolution .

i love throwers and and a very nice job on the pics

Is it just me or are your shots tiny? They look good from what I can see. Can they be bumped up to 600 x 800.

Pictures are displayed as a percentage of your screen’s width. In this case, 30%. So, if you are looking at the pics with your phone, it will look tiny.

I’ll amend it to 50% and also include the link to the album.

50% would help. Thanks.

Nice shocker you’ve got. That tree makes a beautiful target with the light bark and big head. You need to ship one of them to Texas for me so we do beamshots too what that big sucker.
Yes those shockers are impressive. I too have a non-dedomed version at 3.5A and a dedomed version at about 5.5A. They are both monsters thrower/flooders.

Fantastic pictures Rod911. You have some nicely moddded lights there. The shocker again, what a light. I’m glad you showed me yours. I honestly did not think it would be so big.

Wow…nice men :open_mouth: