Custom 17mm 5Amp PWM-less linear driver-preliminary

Would you need a reverse polarity diode to protect the amc or FET from the capacitor. If so, that part would need some size.

Sorry, I really wouldn’t know if that’s necessary.

Erm well no caddys huh? See pic :slight_smile:

Yeah well see, that quote right there is me trying to determine what brand shoe tastes best. Yet another case of being unable to properly communicate the thought process in such a way as to be both politically correct and humorous at the same time.

Does that count as a Caddy? Looks awfully small….more humor…avatar, yeah yeah yeah.

I'm interested in this driver as well. A few would be nice. Any way I can get on this early lol?

what mosfet are you using?

No replies but he’s still here as of 50 minutes ago lol.

Eagerly awaiting updates.

Waiting for last update pcbs(oshpark) and parts,these are for giveaway and testing(when,two weeks from now,I hope).I also received some test pcbs from other factory,but quality wasn't good as osh,so it seems OSHpark is my only option for now.

@musicmagic : NXP 6mohm mosfet in lfpak56

Nice!
I’m getting a lot of possible hosts (C8, HD2010) and want to try at least one of your drivers.
Have the impression that I’m sensitive to PWM. Every time I use my Olight Baton S10, I’m feeling dizzy. That’s exactly the same feeling I had when I started to use my new X220 from Lenovo three years in the past.

Maybe your driver is one of the only options for me to use flashlights not in high mode.
:party:
(Beside the flashlights which don’t use PWM)

I think OSHPark boards are the best. If they offered thinner PCBs I'd use them for everything. Plus the purple and gold is just sexy :D

Purple and gold, colors of royalty.

thanks for the mosfet info led

yes indeed. tyrian purple

If you ever develop a 2S buck or 1S boost PWM-less driver, a group that may be very interested would be laser enthusiasts. Since the highest power blue emitters need less than 4 amps, you may be able to provide a solution. Those emitters cost over several hundred dollars right now. Most folks are using much less powerful emitters. The biggest of those can only take around 2.4 amps.

If you ever go that direction with your drivers (2S or boost), you may want to check the waters at LPF.

Of course, we would be intrested too for MT-G2's and for the higher Vf Nichia's and Crees.

Any updates?

I wouldn’t be able to afford more than one so will have to wait for RMM to sell them.

Project dead??

Still interested.
I did put 2 projects on hold in hope for this driver :wink:

It’s a shame this seems dead.

There really is nothing comparable out there. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Sorry for not replying,I had some personal issues,so I didn't have time for project.Now I'm back,I ordered some missing parts for samples today.

Yeah, life sucks sometimes. Do they let you mod in heaven?