Custom 17mm 5Amp PWM-less linear driver-preliminary

As far as I know, modding is what heaven is all about! :-)

Y’all are assuming that, as modders, we have any chance in hell of getting to heaven! :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, Hell is a perpetual re-flow oven… >)

any update?

I'm currently testing driver,so it's 99% finished.

Great!

I hope see more details about this circuit in soon.

And have you sent this circuit to HKJ for review?
As you told before, I’m waiting for that review too.

thanks
Kim.

…and by “one” I mean one lot of five, of course! After breaking 4 of them, maybe I will learn how to use the last one. At which point, I will probably want several more!

edit: Don’t kill me… who is HJK and why do we want that review?

HKJ is a BLF member who’s detailed reviews are highly respected.
See his reviews here- http://www.lygte-info.dk/
If HKJ likes it, everyone on BLF will buy it.

Glad to hear of the progress.

Giveaway (4 pcs) soon.

Wonderful!

I hope to try soon!

thank you again!

Awesome.

I cannot wait till this driver is available for everyone to buy.

There is nothing else out there quite like it.

Great!

I hope to see it in soon!!

Won’t want to miss that!

Updated OP with some details,giveaway here:

I am assuming these will be available for purchase after the giveaway?

Thanks! Glad to see this coming into reality. The features and performance of this driver look outstanding!! The overheat protection setup seems quite original. I love the e-switch support! Mode choices are quite well thought out.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any strobe mode. Most of my lights support it. It's been proven to be the best mode for self defense. I've heard it from actual home break-in's to Special Ops guys. It's not worth much though if not easily accessible, and certainly doesn't apply to all flashlights. I prefer to include it only in larger, brighter lights.

If you decided against to include strobe in the design, that's fine, but will somewhat limit my potential use of this driver. I have many people ask for it, not all for sure - some see no value in it whatsoever.

No,I must order parts and pcb-s,and that means 4-5 weeks.

Yes,no strobe or other blinkies for now.I'm no against strobe,the problem is, so many wishes and just one switch.

Would you consider putting in a hidden strobe?

That way it’s completely optional to see and for those that don’t use it, they’ll never even know it’s there.

Maybe something like 6 or more very fast taps. Set up like the programming mode of DrJones drivers.

Just a thought, this driver still has everything I’m looking for and I’m excited to see it brought to market!

So a week or so after the giveaway? I can wait.