Awesome SRK mod (Tterev3)

I just found that mod on a SkyRay King. Just awesome.

Here is his blog: Skyray King flashlight mod
(Sorry if this was already posted)

Edit: Tterev3’s mod

Tterev3 recently joined BLF. He has posted in the oshpark projects thread.

Nice .

Thanks. I’ll have a lot to read now.

I wonder if “stunner mod” works on zombies. I just said that cause I am otherwise speech less ! Nice and crazy mod.

Really cool, but I’d probably forget how to access all the modes. It’s like that when I bring out my zebralight, I have to find the manual and review all the functions.

The dude is crazy talented. Check out some of this other projects in his blog. Also notice the timing. He's been way ahead of us as a collective and it seems like he did it all on his own.

You should add his member name to the thread title.

Lots of awesomeness going on in that light.

And I though I were the first person who were putting extra emitters into a SRK sized reflector. This guy is way ahead..

It doesn't work on skunks. I probably needed more lumens.

No doubt this guy is talented but it’s too complicated for me needs. I’m a simplton so I need simple and basic UI.

There are skunks in San Diego?

nobody seems ‘blown away’ by the light like I am. Absolutely amazed. I guess I’m lucky it’s not available for purchase, I would not be able to say no to this one. Does one have to be a genius to put together something like this. Programmable, additional LEDs installed, a behind the switch LED notifying of battery voltage, and temperature, and those crazy colored strobe modes! I asked Richard at Mountain about it, he’s intrigued, but has NO time. How am I supposed to enjoy my incoming Sunwayman D40A after watching this video? ARGGGG!

Happy Easter -

shut up and take my wallet!!!

He created an OVERSIZED Nitecore SRT-7, with UV!!! Very cool light though! I need to do this to my Convoy L4 I have coming! That interface is mazing!

That’s what I thought too.
More info here:
tterev3’s PIC quickstart guide

Nitecore SRT7 uses anemic little 5mm RGB LEDs.

This is really cool. Would it be possible to change the emitters for color XMLs and have the same or similar functionality with less modification?

+1

Color XMLs are rated for 1A per LED die. So only 1A for white vs 3A for a normal XML. Less lumens.

I want one. I don’t have anywhere near the electrical engineering experience to make one though. Could probably do the firmware, but hardware is not one of my skills.