Lower price on a genuine laptop battery pack

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-ASUS-Battery-90-NYX1B1000Y-A42-N82-K52-A31-B53-A31-K52-A32-K52-A32-N82-/111267236770?pt=Laptop_Batteries&hash=item19e80b4ba2

I have bought several of these packs and they are the real deal.8 genuine Samsung 2200 mah batteries in each pack.

That’s just too cheap to pass up. Less than a buck per cell with free shipping. I got two. 140 sold so far.

Did you take note of the date on the laptop pack label?

Wrapper markings on the 18650s? Like ICR18650-22B.

There should also be a date code on the metal can, visible through the wrapper. Pictured battery is June 2007. Code on the metal can reads
6I3C2

Last digit of 1st line is year, 6057 (2007). 1st digit of 2nd line is month, 6I3C2  (June). Oct is A, Nov is B, Dec is C.

But I guess not, I just ordered one! :slight_smile:

Great googley-moogley that’s cheap!

I don’t need more batteries…I don’t need more batteries…I don’t need more batteries…

darn! that IS a cheap price. Grabbed 2 of them. Will use the parallel welded cells to build a pack. I had just finished analyzing a bunch of loose cells I was going to use but this will be even easier. Maybe I’ll just add more cells to my planned battery pack for more total capacity.

In any case, thx for the heads up!

Li-ions age. Consider if you’re even using the batteries you have. There is a point when more, at any price, is a waste of money.

Shoot… don’t need it, but just can’t stay away from deals… pulled the trigger for 3 :weary:

Those packs contain LG cells. LGDAS31865

Yup, that’s what was in the ones I got a few weeks ago. The packs had a 4/2011 sticker, but I don’t know how to decode the date code on the cells. J079C204D6. They seem to work fine from my testing so far and I don’t have any need for more for awhile, but that’s still a very tempting price.

KuoH

Does not ship to Austria :frowning:

My 2.6Ah LG cell is: K334K306A6
The cells are about 2-3 years old so 2011 is plausible.

I’m talking about 2.6Ah LG cells in my review of the Sanyo 2.6Ah.
You can also take a look at HKJ review of a maybe similar cell.

For anyone interested, these cells have been testing between 2300-2400 mAh on my BT-C3100. I just bought a couple of more packs, so I guess I’m going to have to get some more flashlights to keep them safe in.

KuoH

Just ordered a few, thanks.

I just bought 5 of them. I don’t really need them but then again I can always do the work of ripping them out and putting solder blobs on them for other members who don’t feel comfortable doing it themselves. Especially for the newer members. I hate seeing guys running high amp drivers with lousy batteries. I can always match them up with some of the mods that I sell too.

Thanks again for posting this.

Grab some of these on your next Fasttech order.

What a deal just ordered 3 of them.

For some reason I can’t load the link. I’m guessing it’s either the shrink wrap or the magnets. I’m a little leery about magnets. Mostly on lights that you have to twist them on with. Like the SRK’s or ZY-T08’s things like that. I’m always afraid of them being knocked loose and shorting something out. I have the solder trick down pat so I just do that and then I don’t have to worry about it.

The shrink wrap is good stuff though and I use it on the ones that rip up. Or the ones that my wife melted the plastic on by leaving my Modded SRK on high while using it as a lamp.

It’s itty bitty 2mm thick brass caps. You can solder them on the battery terminal.
Solder blobs work fine unless you want to use them in something like an SRK, where the batteries are in parallel and rub against the brass terminal ring on the contact board.

Also available at Mountain Electronics.

Oh nice! I might just have to pick me up some of them little buggers!

Thanks