Thrunite TN32 and TN35. A side by side comparison.

The TN32 and TN35 have had extensive tests carried out in numerous forums so having the opportunity to have these two lights together I’ve decided to do a side by side comparison for something a little different. The two lights here were kindly loaned to me by ezarc who received them from Thrunite.

These are the last two of the four lights loaned to me to review and the quality of these two do not let the others down. In a sad way I almost wish that I had not received these lights but in another glad I did. The reason being is that from this custom light builders perspective I cannot compete on many levels being, quality anodizing, near on perfect drivers, ease of operation, quality of machining, no compromises when it comes to seals and the list goes on.

I’ve said this before and I’ll repeat it here, if you can pick either of these lights up on special they’re a bargain. If you want more from them there is more than one modder out there that can accommodate your needs.

Firstly a couple of pictures taken of my 3 month old brand new car along with my old mattress. These two items have been highly modified by my darling wife free of charge, she has such a generous heart, after the last credit card statement came in thanks to you guys here.

They are both large short well balanced, easy to operate lights.

They are even clever enough to want to learn to drive. I did not have the heart to let them know the car was out of fuel.

A shot from the front end of the two lights.

The main difference for those that don’t know between these lights is the led. The TN32 being an XML-2 and the TN35 being a MTG-2. The following picture shows these two leds the left an XML-2 and the right is the MTG-2. The bigger led has a lot floodier beam and larger hot spot than the XML-2 all other things being the same.

The following pictures are the run time charts. I’m not sure if the lights have identical drivers or not. They were both tested on the highest mode being number six. If the lights have the same drivers I assume the TN32s 90 minute run time against the TN35s 70 minute runtime with the same Soshine 3100 mAh batteries is due to the higher voltage requirements of the MTG-2 led. I cant complain about the runtime of either light and the temperature is well handled in both. Most will know of the huge amount of heat generated by the MTG-2 led.

Firstly the TN32.

TN35.

Moving along we have some night shots of the two lights side by side. I cant pick up any light in the pictures from either light on the lowest mode but there was visible light. Low is low.

TN32 mode 1.

TN35 mode 1.

TN32 mode 2.

TN35 mode 2.

TN32 mode 3.

TN35 mode 3.

TN32 mode 4.

TN35 mode 4.

TN32 mode 5.

TN35 mode 5.

TN32 mode 6.

TN35 mode 6.

I’ll continue with some comparisons with the custom made Monster light based around the DX reflector and 9 amp driver and highly modified Defiant Super Throwers which are the closest lights I have to compare with the TN32 and TN35. This will bring into perspective my previous comments about building lights.

The night shots have previously been posted but relevant here so have been used again.

A picture front on with the monster light.

The reflectors sizes in relation to each other. The TN lights reflector is the longer of the two.

The usable diameter of the DX reflector is about 3mm larger.

You cannot have enough front on pictures. TN reflector right.

Another with the Defiant Super Thrower left.

And finally some more night shots. The first lot show a white bucket in the middle which is 150 meters away.

DST MTG-2. 5 amp driver.

DST XML-2 dedomed. 5 amp driver.

Monster light.

TN32.

TN35.

The next group of pictures shows the garage at 520 meters. Keep in mind that the white is a reflective surface.

DST MTG-2. 5 amp driver.

DST XML-2 dedomed. 5 amp driver.

Monster light.

TN32.

TN35.

I hope you enjoyed the comparison as much as I enjoyed putting this together. To say I was impressed with the two Thrunite lights would be an understatement.
Will I continue to build custom lights with all the frustrations involved? Yes, but with the thought at the back of my head why.
Thanks for taking an interest.

Thanks for the pictures!

Really nice pics Steve and it’s not only the Thrunites that are impressive. Your lights easily match if not beat them. Awesome builds as usual!

AMAZING! is one of those monster lights using MT G2?

impressive Pictures!

i like the tn35 more than tn32
nicer colors and more usefull light (Mode3 shows best) - IF you dont need just throw4show :wink:

Thanks manxbuggy. The driver in the monster light is back to the dicky one that over heats on high and medium in about ten minutes. You can wack either of the Thrunites on high and forget about them. Things like moulded rubbers around lens, drivers that work, etc etc just make these quality items that work terrifically. I'm not sure if you have seen it but theres another thread with these night shots and a heap of others I should of dedicated to you and your brother for the inspiration. I'm a bit slow at the best of times.

Yep the Monster light was built awhile ago now. Its my pet light when we go camping. Its mostly used as a lantern with a plastic cup on it as a diffuser.

Edit. The TN35 would also make an ideal lantern. If I have the opportunity I'll give it a go. I dont have the cup here at home as it stays out in the bush. Sounds like an excuse to get out. Now what can I tell the wife?

Wow, that is awesome! Thanks for the pictures!

I have wanted both of these lights since they came out. My TN31-L2 and TN30-L2 feel soo insignificant in comparison to the 32 and 35. Your pictures may have just been what was needed to convince me to get them! I don’t know whether to thank you or be annoyed with you! haha

Annoyed. I dont blame you. I get annoyed as well. These lights were only lent to me.

Great comparison! Those are some really nice lights.

So, you loaned these lights from ezarc. You still got my address right? I can give ezarc the bad news that his lights got lost somewhere between you him and Norway. Sounds legit to me.. 0:)

OMG my favorite use of flashlights, diffusers!!! i tried to find diffusers for my TK75/Tk61 but cant find anything :@

I would love so much to have mobile torch with diffuser, so useful and cool :frowning:

Its a very light yellow reasonably thick large plastic drinking cup that sits on the bezel. It would work on any light. I have two of them and the other gets used on the DST MTG-2.

So I'm moving to Norway. Cool. I'm glad the wells fixed. I'll need a hot shower by the time I walk there. Does ezarc know where you live?

Thats a very nice set of beamshots. Great comparison. Awesome!

Nope, and I don't think he knows the way to walk over here as good as you does either..

Im sure you will get a lot of use for his lights on your journey.

Great thread, thanks alot! :slight_smile:

Hi MRsDNF,
What color light was the TN32? I am trying to decide between the TN35 and the TN32 and already have the Zebralight H600w MK II so just wondering which one to go with and what color…
Thanks

Do you mean what tint the led is? If so from memory it was cool white. I have no experience with the Zebralight.

Looks like i’ll be getting my first cool white light then, thanks!

Great post and thanks. Just bought a 35 on the back of it.