3.99 usd REALT6 Zoomable Flashlight limited time offer to Budgetlightforum

But more importantly does this zoomie have a hollow pill like the sipik version? Ill.take my chances I guess but if any ones knows please chime in. And A ” NEW T6:” That’s like a couple of generations old ,after the T6 as far a i thought then it was a xmlu2 then xmlu3 then the now current xml2? !

> does this zoomie have a hollow pill …?

Yes. Since the warehouse is right there, please ask someone to go get one, take it apart, and post pictures.
This would put you far ahead of most online sellers — and that kind of information is worth paying for.

Budget means careful about spending, and we try to be.

Ordered one on 6/11, paid by PayPal, sent Dealmetic a PM, and have neither heard nor seen anything about my order. He said it ships in 1 day after payment received. How long does it take to receive payment thru PayPal? Appears to be more talk again and little follow up or communication. Hope I’m wrong. Man am I ever impatient!

Being prudent, and you are wondering what we all are wondering, is this seller only after our money and forgets about the customer service once the money hit his account I almost pulled the trigger .had PayPal account all ready to go and something in the back of my mind told me not too! Damn voices in my head lol

well, we’ll see how it plays out. I don’t yet have an 18650 zoomie, so for $6 and change I thought it worth a try. Maybe it won’t even be an XM-L and I’ll just get the thing for FREE.

I’m like you, had things in my cart, out of my cart, back in the cart, out again …. more than once :bigsmile:

still.answer from the seller if this zoomie has a hollow pill?

Thank you for your order, payment received on June 12 GMT+8, package post out June 13, since order pick to post out with stamp, it do not come with register tracking number. if anything, please let us know. thank you.

sorry for the late reply,
we were off SAT and SUN.

take one the flash apart and take some picture.
check if it meet your need, or please give us more advise on how to improve.

thank you,

1st of all I have.never heard of fake cree T6 emitter s and the T6 is a older design a couple generations behind the current xml2 s and a hollow pill which this model appears to have does not allow heat to transfer but it is restricted in the pill as it is hollow and has no where to go, possibly causing premature led and driver failure oh well to late I ordered one any way

we just notice from some of the supplier,
there are some led they are selling is half of the cost of cree led (you can see the price they set in cree dealer).
the led they claim which the “T6” are new (it can tell which is not use before),
so we had test the sample of the “T6” led which is look more yellow when compare it with the cree led T6 side by side,
and the cree led T6 is more brighter than it.
both led look more likely 9x% same.

But how much more would it cost to start a production run with a XML2 emitter on a copper star? You could take a poll on this forum to see roughly how many people would be interested and even if we had to pay a couple of dollars more you would probably get a huge response by uupgrading the light above the competition right now you are offering what all other competitors are selling, just an idea, it cost nothing to take a poll and I’ll be honest I did order your light with plans of upgrading the driver and emitter .

according to the engineer say that it cannot use XML2 on a zoomable flashlight,
because when you zoon in, T6 will see the line, but XML2 will have blur spot, which will look bad.

XML2 should be more brighter than T6, but not good on zoomable flashlight.
are the other using the XML2 on the zoomable flashlight?

already send your advice to our engineer,
hopefully they can have a upgrade model coming up.
if you have any other suggestion, please let us know.

this is very interesting. They are seemingly showing great interest in our posts, questions, etc. Amazing. I heard nothing after my order and I thought ‘oh, here we go again!’ But he responded that it was the weekend, that’s why I didn’t hear back. He appears to genuinely care, even talking with their engineer. We’ll see how this plays out. I did receive a reply on an e-mail I sent to their website saying it could take 20-30 business days to arrive. I have never waited that long before. I think they are in Hong Kong. My order from HKE got to me in 6 days! Don’t know how they do that!

Xm-l2 work just fine in a zoom light.A lot of people use them.

I would also be interested if it came with a XM-L2 emitter (preferably with a neutral white tint).

I don’t know why your engineer said that it wouldn’t focus in spot mode. I believe they are the same size.

XM-L2 emitters definitely work fine in zoom lights. They several being sold but other sellers. I have this one and it works very well.

The difference between a fuzzy zoomed spot and a crisp image of the emitter is — usually — just adding an O-ring to move the lens slightly farther from the emitter. A couple more turns of the threading or a different bezel to hold the lens farther would work.

We know that changing the LED changes the focus distance — and often we need to do that because we want to put a copper disk behind a LED star that’s just sitting on air instead of having a good path to carry heat away.

Making a better pill might be the easy answer to both problems — thread it to fit the flashlight bodies you get, but made of copper if possible, or at worst brass — and with a solid surface behind the LED for thermal paste, and a depth to fit a better LED.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1600lm-UltraFire-CREE-XML-T6-LED-ZOOMABLE-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-/271438153524?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3f32f98734

I see this light all the time on e-bay for $4.89 and that includes shipping.

Changing from XML to XM-L2 in a zoomie has no effect on focus unless the star is thicker. They are the same size die and everything. So either they are not actually in contact with an engineer or the engineer is lying to them.

However, you are spot on, it would be really nice if they came with a pill that could be adjusted anyway. I’m constantly fighting with zoomies to get the correct focus.

This sipik sk-98 3 xm-l

It was just to had to pass up , I am also curious how this plays out and if they will Take our suggestions seriously, look how well Rocky mountain electronics (rmm ) is doing because he is willing to do mods or sell modded lights to your liking and please correct if iam wrong ,but don’t we have a plethora of T6 emitter and hollow pill ed zoomie s?