Group Buy for the Supbeam K50 V2 - all gone

Can't budge it!?!

Mine is most certainly glued and I’ll need to apply some heat and use my strap wrenches to open it. Just not sure where the head loosens though.
The one from the GB should not be glued.

The question was asked, and answered but that does not necessarily equate to the same thing we expect. Bella may have though that a peculiar question, and wondered how you would put batteries in a glued light? If Sunycoasters is glued, it is from the GB I believe, just he used a speedy courier service.

Uh oh, maybe we’ll suffer through this all together.

I’ll shoot Bella a PM regarding this, specifically asking whether the head can be opened to access the reflector and the LED.

will there be another GB for K50?

Good idea. I'm putting a fair amount of force to where (it looks like) it should come apart, but no movement.

Probably not. This batch seems to be the one Supbeam has, before it changed its name to Acebeam.

the is working on a Supbeam X40 (3x XM-L2) GB though.

+1

I can never trust vendor on this kind of technical things. Yes Bella is being responsive and doing well so far but she may not know a thing about these trivial technical things after all. Maybe she didn’t even understand what do we mean by “head being glued” and probably she has never opened one by herself. I’m not blaming Bella (her service is really good) but we have had a lot of miscommunication experiences with Chinese vendors don’t we?

It’s just my intuition, of course I hope I’m wrong and the head really isn’t glued as what she said.

Mine was also in the spam folder.

FWIW, my last FastTech order made it here in 9 days from the order date to arrival.

Just got a confirmation about the head.

Hmm…??

Received tracking number today :)

Received email today too:

CHINA (PEOPLE_S REP) CN 2014-07-19 02:01 Posting/Collection
CHINA (PEOPLE_S REP) CN 2014-07-21 15:37 Departure from outward OE

Will be long holiday here, may be accept it in next 2 weeks.

You can drill a hole all the way through and use a rod, or a long phillips screwdriver through the head for leverage. This should allow enough torque to break it free.

:bigsmile:

(disclaimer: please do not try this at home and please leave MY light alone!)
(disclaimer II: Just in case there is someone here who does not understand the above instruction…Do Not Do That!)

Tracking also received today.

If anyone has an issue with removing the head and lacks a heat gun and/or strap wrenches, remember there's always the low-tech tourniquet style method.

Thanks once again to O-L for all your time and energy on behalf of the community.

Strap wrenches are great things to have on hand anyway, Lowe's has a 2-piece set that's cheap. You'll find other uses for them and wonder why you never bothered to grab some before.

maybe ask to bella of she will say how to drive up the driver easely to 6-8 Amp ?

Bella-Acebeam Flashlights
1:59 AM (10 hours ago)

to me
Dear Flomotion

Good day !

We are writting to inform you the track number of your GB SUPBEAM K50. You could track the parcel through http://202.105.44.24:7001/InterPack/ according to RC3192XXXXXCN .
Pls do not hesitate to contact us once you have well received the shipment or there are any questions. It is our pleasure to serve you timely !

Thanks very much for your constant concern and support our Acebeam(former Supbeam) products !

Best regards

Bella Chen

no tracking number for me yet.

Just got tracking number for mine too. Can’t wait to get it!