RGBW_Clicky (lights only)sales thread: first batch sold out, pre-order's on second run $75 including shipping, 4 spots remain.

Hey guys, this is the sales/info thread for my new 4Ch RGBW_Clicky lights. RGBW_Clicky is a power cycle controlled (meaning no side-switch required) constant current driver with independently addressable emitters (i.e. they can all be on by themselves). As far as I know the only other click switch RGBW driver is the one from IO with the terrible modes, no memory and low current.

Edit: This thread has been changed over to be a pre-order and sales thread for complete lights only as well as where people can get info about getting their host modded by me (or one of my modding partners). I am waiting on a new batch of boards (I have enough on hand to continue building lights and doing installs in your hosts but not enough to sell drivers till my restock comes in, watch for a driver thread in about a week).

If someone is interested in one of these lights but they're loyal to another modder (thats totally understandable) I have a few guys I work with, you can buy the driver from me and I will ship it and the other necessary parts to a modded of your choice to have the work done (you will obviously need to work out pricing with them).

First the driver info-

Initial build theread here (there are actually 3 different drivers being discussed in that thread, the only one for sale is the 17mm Clicky)

-The driver is constant current using one N-FET and one BJT in conjunction for regulation (per channel, 4 sets per driver) and uses a PIC MCU (the 12F617, a 3.5k 8-bit chip)

-THERE IS PWM and especially on some of the lower steps of the ramps and at different times during the color fade it is visible but its not to bad (And I consider myself extremely sensitive, even LED car tail lights bother me (especially caddi's).

-The code is proprietary so the user wont be able to adjust the PWM levels, to make up for this there are a few different options the end-user can adjust via hardware changes, these include max current, set via sense resistors, each channel can be set to a different level if desired. The other end-user option is the reset time controlled by the ratio of cap to resistor. I will gladly help you pick the components for the levels you want. (reset time is the time it takes to revert from color back to the saved primary level)

-The drivers are very packed, they have 52 total solder connections (not counting wire's / spring) so while the hardware is open source (I will sell just programmed chips if you want to DIY) I highly recommend letting me do it and buying them ready to install from me (you're also free to design your own board for my chip, I will provide pinout's and as much assistance as I have time to provide)

Edit: price change (so sorry) see pricing breakdown in post 20 for details and explanation of the price change and other (cheaper) options for DIY. Ready to install drivers are $20 and programmed chip's are $10, I can also put the code on a different package size MCU if you want to make a board using a different version of the same chip.

Also note that I have a similar driver than uses another PIC MCU (which I purchase from tterev3) with his proprietory FW called "MELD" for sale as well. MELD requires an e-switch so our two FW's arnt really competing products. As far as I know my RGBW_Click is the only alternative to the I.O. driver to offer full RGBW control from a clicky switch (power cycle controlled), both tterev3's FW / driver and DrJone's FW / driver must have an electronic (aka momentary) side switch to function at all. (This is the only time I will mention this driver in this thread, everything else is pertaining strictly to my RGBW_Clicky)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to the light's I'm selling. The light is a [obviously highly modified] Supfire A6 with a quad setup. These are using 20MM DTP MCPCB's (with cut traces to make the emitters individually addressable) and a 24mm Carlco quad TIR, the color emitters are XP-E2's and the white emitter is an XP-L (dome ON, TIR modified to fit over XP-L). The lights have their heads shortened so no spacer is required for maximum thermal transfer to the body. These lights produce 1040Lm in turbo (measured in my pretty accurate with white light integrating cooler however I'm not sure how accurate it is with the color light, it could be reading quite low, I believe its more than safe to claim well over 1000Lm). I have 5 of these built now however 3 were reserved so from this batch only 2 are available today (more hosts are already on their way) The final price is $90 shipped CONUS (I had said $80, that was the pre-order price, this is the final pay me and I ship next day price) and for what you get I feel that is more than competitive (look at the one currently available RGBW light, the eagletac D25LC color and its piss-poor UI)

Edit: first batch all gone, preorder price for the second run will be $75 (save $15). Price will go back up once lights are ready to ship.

Note the head to bezel gap isnt that large on the rest of the lights, this is the very first one (I'll do a good photo shoot tomorrow on a better one), this light was specifically requested by one of the guys that pre-ordered, he wanted the very first light and didnt care if it wasnt quite as perfect as the rest so you dont have to worry about getting this one.

(for comparison stock host on top, built RGBW_Click below)

This is a photo of an A6 with the very first test light- a clone of a balder SE2 (an Rii E21) with a gen2 XML-color on a sinkpad, this particular light is also currently up for grabs for $75 if anyone wants it.

The A6's include the factory screw on pocket clip (a little on the shiny side for me plus I dont care for clips, I wear a holster but they are very secure clips for a budget host (not some clip-on crap), also have the nice green Supfire lanyard all in a solid cardboard box.

edit 9/18

A6 lumen numbers

White XP-L 545

Red XP-E2 833 308
Green XP-E2 640 120
Blue XP-E2 640 158

turbo 1040

for colors first number is color only (one step below top step, 100% that color only) , second reading at top step (100%color/100%white combined). Turbo is the main mode sequence top level and is all 4 emitters 100%

Again I dont know how close this is (its definitely low) cause I'm just not sure how much of the narrow band color the sensor can see.

The UI-

The UI is designed to be easy to use as a standard white light without accessing the colors if you dont want them, the primary color ramps are accessed via a triple click and the spectrum fade accessed by a octa-click (thats 8 ) so you dont have to even see it if you dont want. Both the ramps and the fade are set via a single tap. Note the fade is not restartable, once you set a color the next tap will revery back to the saved white level (which could also be moonlight or turbo) This also allows a 9-tap to revert back to the saved primary level from any mode without waiting for the reset. You're able to hand the light to someone without needing to give them instructions, as long as they just normal click up threw the levels it will remain in the primary set of levels (moon threw turbo).

Here's a ~5 minute video describing / showing the UI in operation

Thanks for looking, any questions feel free to ask here or PM / email (please ask general questions in the thread in case others have the same questions, you can contact me in private for sales / custom builds). I will also offer my service to install these in your host (or in a host light you order and have delivered to me), each light needs 5-8 emitter leads (the LED+'s can be common if room is restricted) so its way more in-depth than a typical single emitter build lol

Awesome!
Can’t wait to get mine!!!

Awesome…great job man!

Get yours??? If you’re interested in one let me know!

Thanks guys. I have a Al Sinner host inbound for an XML color version too, was planning on that being my new EDC but now that I’ve got these together not sure I can give up a quad as my personal EDC no matter how good the host is.

Sc02 with my name on it….lol
Hope you didn’t forget about me!

Ah, yea don’t worry I got you, I was thinking you were talking about one of these. Yes we’re still on for the SC02_MELD.

Maybe wrong thread but brother I’m excited….lol

I want an assembled 17mm driver.
Shipping cost to Greece?

Gotta admit. Looks great!

constant current driver with independently addressable emitters (i.e. they can all be on by themselves).

Hello. Rookie here. Are u saying that you could have any combination of the 4 emitters on at once. How is that done?

As far as the colored emitters, one has the option of ramping, and setting the brightness of each color (with memory) independently?

in your picture of the (2) A6 lights, one is longer. Are you selling the longer one?

Very cool offering! Thanks!

1 with the hardware yes however the UI doesn’t allow complete control like that, what I mean when I say that is the MCU has independent control over each emitter, it’s not like they’re paired in parallel where they can only be all on at the same level. The UI allows all 4 on at the same time at only one spot- turbo, all the rest of the modes and colors are made by running one, two or three emitters at a time varying the current to each one to mix different levels.

2 yes sir, you got it.

3 the longer one is pre-OP (i.e. Still stock), I pictured it to show the length difference from stock, it has since been built. The reason they’re cut short is so I don’t have to use a spacer, the TIR is only about half the height of the original reflector. It’s the same principal as in the triple convoy tube lights that need that spacer to convert them to triples but I like this way better, just one more thing making them unique.

Zere- I’ll get the cost tomorrow (later today) but I would guess around $10-12 in a small box (there’s so many components I wouldn’t want to risk it in a mailer). Something like 23 components and 61 solder points.

If I remember correctly, there was one build that you were tinkering with that was going to have a strobe in all the colors with the first click and white with the next click- or some variant of that. Do you have a version of that puke light? Preferably as a drop in or driver and emitter combination…

Hi Dan, I will take two 17mm RGBW-clicky drivers, if possible with resistors in place for about 1.5 to 2A per channel, EDIT: and 3A for the white channel . Great work on these!! :-)

This

I do have a UI that operates like that but the driver for it requires 2 e-switches *(power cycling does nothing, doesn’t even turn on) and also the driver is huge (actually have 2 drivers, one for fenix’s @ 41mm and one for EA41’s @ 28mm so definitely no drop in’s (they’re so large cause they’re 7135 based).

*you could technically run it with a single e-switch if you didn’t mind not being able to go backwards threw the modes, only cycling forwards (off from any level with a 1sec hold)

If you guys are really serious about wanting that go ahead and PM me and we can discuss getting a EDC flashlight size version (I should be able to do it with this same CC transistor circuit and fit it in 17mm) but it will still require atleast one e-switch, no way around that.

Also I am extremely busy, I can whip something up for you but it will be a little while before I can get to it. Definitely drop me a PM so we can talk about exactly what you want so I know what to do.

Ok guys international shipping is gonna be $15, I know thats more than the driver, sorry about that, I know I could stick them in a padded mailer for about $6-7 but there are just so many components I’m not comfy doing that so I’ll be shipping them in those small cardboard boxes that hold 4x 18650’s with plenty of padding.

One other thing, I only had enough boards to make the lights so it’ll probably be about 10 days before I’m able to start shipping drivers (plenty more boards coming, ordered the 11th)

Fantastic stuff, Dan! I can't wait to see these in person (or at least the X6 variant)!

Let me ask you this… Like a opossum, I am attracted to shiny objects lol.

Could you do no E-switch, one mode puke light only? Run at say … 101%? So just off, and high/turbo puke light.

Forgive my ignorance of your operation in this question.

Is anyone interested in this UI and an XML color in a 14500 host?

It would be an awesome one-of-a-kind pocket size EDC! I would build one for myself but I just got a V11R from the GB and that's gonna be my new small EDC for a while now (for however long I can manage to not tear it apart, I already have an awesome RGBW project in the works utilizing its mag ring lol)

The driver would have to run around 1A max per channel cause of the tiny size and since a 20mm sinkpad cant be sized down to 16 but it has a decent heat path to handle that. Also I would recommend disabling turbo on it and any other small lights

I would have to get all the parts in hand to know for sure but I'd guess I can do these for ~$90 shipped (right off the bat @ $23 shipped the hosts are quite a bit more expensive than A6's).

Like I mentioned in the OP I am more than willing to install these drivers in a host of your choice, either something you send me or something you order and have shipped directly to me, You can PM me with any of those requests.