Whats your machine shop making at the moment and stuff in your workplace.

After Mattaus thread on his new pill and the talk of what his machine shop was making I thought a thread on the subject would be interesting, to me anyway, hopefully there may be a couple of others out there interested as well.

These are transmission adaptors for what I dont know. Each one started as a block of aluminium and machined on a five axis mill, at least I think it is.

Would post some cool pics but possible job loss might result.

What's that?

I will ask next time I'm there but if I had to guess some sort of automatic transmission adaptor possibly for 4WD application. Then again I could be way of.

My garage is turning out high volumes of low quality rat poop.

well, theres your problem, nobody wants low quality :bigsmile:

Ya really gotta laugh. Thanks for that smallsunseller. My sun is to large to sell and I'm sure its illegal in Australia any way.

RBD. Don't ducks eat rat poop?

I wouldn’t know. Just because I quack like a duck everyone thinks I should act like one and I have no desire to share the same diet.

those idioms can really come back to bite you in the a :smiley:

Recently got access to an antique lathe and decided to turn some p60 drop ins. First time working with copper, MRsDNF is right, it is fairly finicky.
shop class is all coming back pretty quickly

24 5D2’s make for some nice lighting

Thats fantastic to hear Serifus. Some antique machines are a lot better than new machines though this antique himself has seen better days. Your dropins look first class. Whats next on the agenda?

Ive got some triples in the mail, and a couple other ideas i want to test out. Should lead to some much lighter dropins and also have higher thermal transfer. The lathe has no speed adjustment only forward/reverse, and no auto feed, so doing threads is kind of a no go.
One more pic for posterity

Thats looking real good.

I think my local machine shop is turning out great heaping gobs of scraps. :stuck_out_tongue:

Guess that means they’re busy making things huh?

I hear theres good money in scrap, and you can make a lot of scrap from a ton of metal. Maybe they just make scrap? :smiley:

Reminds me of a dilbert comic, [pointy haired boss] theoretically if i cut costs enough we will be profitable without selling any products [/pointy haired boss]

A few variations on a theme. Paddy and Mick selling cabbages. They buy them for $1 each, and sell them for $1 each. At the end of a long day theyve sold every last cabbage on the truck and Paddy after slowly counting the money several times says to Mick “something isnt right Mick, we didnt make any money, we have the same money as when we started”. Mick thinks for a minute and says proudly, we need a bigger truck.

its sad that i can think of a few people who would likely agree with that

Instead of people buying cabbages with notes, Paddy and Mick should have a cents only policy. That would make more cents.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

It has to be worth more that way …lightbulb moment, SCRAP METAL!