Nitecore P36

Looks like Nitecore are rolling out all their updated or new lights.
Looks similar to the Fenix TK35.
Not sure I like the “Ultimate Rotation Control”. Need two hands to adjust the level or you have to hold the light in the air.
Doesn’t say anything about a step-down in the manual :slight_smile:

A few more images on their site

I like it, to bad its way more than I’m willing to pay. I wonder if the driver will run a 3V emitter as well so it could be easily modded to a more throwey setup.

just noticed the side profile view… Eew, no thanks, the lines are all wrong.

2*18650 side-by-side is just very space inefficient. I would have liked to see 3*18650 with higher output.

Looks similar in build to the TK35UE,Both in design and the same LED!Bit of a copy cat except for that unattractive[to use] rotary switch/dial!! You need to hold and press switch while turning the dial! Even if I was not walking My Husky I would not want it. I will stick to my TK35vn 1000 Lumens/95Kcd! :wink:

The “control wheel” at the tail doesn’t seem to be most convenient thing. Nice to see them looking for new solutions though.

3x18650 would make it much thicker, even number of batteries are easier to charge.

Copy? There are a couple of lights with 2x18650 batteries side by side. Fenix is neigher the only one nor the forst one to use MT-G2. It’s a similar type of light but definitely not a copy.

I don’t think it would actually increase the diameter much, if at all… I don’t think anyone using these lights is using a charger that charges in pairs.

It would, flat sides make flashlights slightly to easier to grip with smaller hands. And most chargers charge batteries in pairs, it’s very common.

Easier to grip and a smaller diameter are different things. Can you name some chargers that require you to charge in pairs?

No, no, what I meant is that when you have 3x18650 flashlight and a charger for 2 cells you can’t charge all three batteries at the same time.

LOL I know that feeling. Charging the cells for MM15 takes forever

tactical? seriously?

i guess suspect will enjoy waiting the officer while he is busy rolling the switch from high to low mode in order to check on papers viewing close up in the night.

It has very short travel. Plus when you rotate quickly it goes to low/high directly.

I like this, and the wheel is a novelty. It’s good to see new kind of interfaces being implemented, user feedback will provide quality information for further advancements. I remember when the EA4 came out with the two stage “camera shutter” switch, and I was dubious, but it proved a worthy development.

Who had that type of body look first? Fenix or Nitecore?

Ok,it looks a lot like the TK35! I would say that most people would agree that between the body style and emitter it is Nitecores response to the TK35UE!

lol!!!

That is what a Fenix ARE-C2 charger is for!!! They are 4 bay,I have a few of them.

Or any other 4 bay charger for that matter!

Clockwise for low, counterclockwise for turbo? Ehm, isn’t it a bit ass-backwards?

Not everyone have them, most people have two bay chargers. And if someone needs to buy a new one it’s nice to know that 2x cheaper 2 bay charger is enough for his/her P36.

Obviously it depends on your collection. If you only have 1 or 2 lights,2 bay is sufficient.

Most if not all the threads I am on, on Both forums the people are Flashaholics[like me] and have multiple lights. I need 4 bay chargers,I AM a flashaholic w/ 38 lights! I have Six/4 bay chargers,2/Trustfire when I was starting out,2/ I4[Nitecore] and 2/FENIX ARE-C2!

I am sure there are many people in between my Two examples…most of which would have 4 Bay Chargers! lol!

Yeah, me too… Looks weird :expressionless: