Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Yes. Very high frequency PWM

It uses 19 kHz PWM, which is invisible to about 99.99% of the population. Additionally, the medium levels pulse between ~150 lumens and ~1400 lumens without actually turning off, so it’s even harder to see.

Moon runs at 9 kHz instead (to make it more stable), so if you’re really sensitive to PWM you might see it on moon. Most people can’t see anything above 1 kHz though, so it’s still unlikely.

Im in for a 1600 lumen light of that size. Put me down.

DO both the CW and NW give similar Lumen output?

Put me down for a CW, thanks.

Both CW if that is ok :slight_smile:

Thanks

I tested a sample which I think was a 2-something tint, about halfway between cool white and neutral white, and I got about 1400 lumens. A better battery should get a bit more output. In any case, I’d estimate that a CW unit would probably get slightly higher lumens and a NW would probably get slightly lower lumens, but it depends on what emitter bins end up being used.

I’d like to join for one of each tint, please.

Sign me up for 1 NW please.

Oh cool. A whole lot of lumens!

So on mine i want CW, as I did not specify before. Thanks

is there any delivery or order
date around yet ???

No

I believe the common answer is: In good time before christmas. However the year is still to be decided.

I am interested in this one if it is still available. For a NW version….Put me in for one

MountainKing,

Still available?

Since you’re NEW here, ‘perhaps’ we can make a spot for you…

But, I dunno.

Maybe Bugsy will let you in?

BTW - Happy 1,500!

:slight_smile:

-Chuck

Whoooaaa. What a great way to make a 1500 post man….I didnot even realise it!
Posting a want post on a custom flashlight, custom driver on an epic thread :D. I’ve never been a custom group buy. Hope I can still be included. But being new here does not help my case :frowning:

We may let you off the hook, if you do a 1500post givaway? :bigsmile: ;-)

Haha actually there is a GB sponsored one coming soon. Took much of my time to getting it organised :stuck_out_tongue: Hope that qualifies!!

I will be updating everyone on Sunday morning when I have off from work :)

Spill the beans...., ..OR Else we will buy even more lights....

I have my lightbox calibrated pretty close to selfbuilt’s, so I can confirm that 0.30 lm on the BLF-A6 will be significantly more light than 0.04lm on the Ti3.

The first round of EE A6 samples was pretty good, but its moon performance was more varied than expected. One sample would get 0.10 lm while another got 0.50 lm with the same settings and same battery. And the off-time measurements varied depending on temperature. We’re trying to fix those things now.

Turbo step-down isn’t a user-toggle-able feature, but you’re welcome to modify the code and reflash the driver. However, the level it steps down to is what most other lights call “turbo”, so it’s basically like having no turbo step-down on a normal light plus an additional super-turbo mode.