GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16

The design team has spoken and we are approving the latest sample! We should know more after Karen/GB/LuckySun gives us some feedback on production, time/availability and when we will close access to GB pricing! Get your name on the list! :slight_smile: !

kronos
(Updated in OP)

You now what?
Count me in for another one, 1A this time.
So 2 total for me, one 1a and one 3c.

Kronos - I just want to clarify (so please correct me if I am wrong).....

The LS D80-SE is NOT going to be open-ended manufacture. Eg: 600 units spoken for... 660 manufactured... and that is the end, correct? Afterall...a limited run is a limited run.

The reason I am asking is because that is the way it was on the X6-SE....and I am trying to make a point that IF a person thinks they need (1)...then get (2), etc, etc. On the X6-SE there were many people lamenting that they did not do that.

It will probably be a limited production run, but we haven’t decided on a total number yet.

In case people are wondering, it is very important to get your name on the list. That gives us a production number to shoot for, and also gives us a method to deliver the GB code via the PM system.

If your name is NOT on the list…

NO D80-SE discount code for you :exmark:

Question. If this is is a limited production light, isn’t there a possibility that people who have a code might not get a light because they could sell out (because people might buy this light at regular price w/o a code)? I’m just trying to figure out how this works from the manufacture/sale standpoint.

I am already down for one at #430.

Please add 2 more 3C for me please, before it is too late.

MontyPyfon

Brass button vs spring bypass? Which one is better for higher lumen output?

I am currently up for a 1A at number 155).
Please add a 5A.
Total of two.

The few (or only, i can remember for sure) tests of this i have read here at BLF have always indicated that a spring with a bypass is better for max amp & minimum resistance in the circuit.

But i wonder if a copper button would be better than either, or if it is that the spring is pushing on the cell that is making a stronger connection that makes spring + bypass superior.

I can’t imagine they will only make the GB numbers of this light, what sounds more likely to me is that they will sell them to those who signed up for the GB for a discount & then continue to sell the new and improved D80-SE for a higher price just like EE did with the BLF-X6.

I mean with 600 sold this is going to be a popular light & i can’t believe until i see it anyway, that LuckySun will not capitalize on all that new promotion 600 new owners of the BLF D80-SE will give them :wink: for extra sales in the near future.

Please put me down for a 5A and add me to the list.

Yes, but first they will look for cheaper parts, e.g. if they can avoid a DTP copper board by replacing it with a cheap one that performs at 90% of the copper board, that will be the one.

I am in 2 X A1 ,Please. c :slight_smile:

Please put me down for a 5a

Would it be possible to use XP-L instead of XM-L2 on this group buy? With these many participants, I am sure we can convince luckysun to use XP-L? It’ll probably cost a few cents more on XP-L than XM-L2.

@kronological, what say you?

Fredylee, Why? XP-L and XM-L2 are the same die. The difference is in the footprint, with one having a smaller base under it that fits the XP-G2 footprint.

LS has already sourced the Noctigon XM-L2 mcpcb’s, changing now just isn’t an option.

Hi Dale,

I am a newbie to the flashlight world. I thought that XP-L is better than XM-L2. If they are off the same die, then hooray. Thanks for the info. Now I know that I have few of top of the line LEDs on my hand. :wink: XM-L2 - all the way.

Hi, I’m listed on 545, 546 and 547, although I would like a total of 4 flashlights. All with 5a tint.

I can't speak for Kronological but I would think that any changes now have 0% chance of happening. Sure I would like TK's A6 interface but that ain't gonna happen either.

Throw me on the list for a 3C please.