[WIP] 10mm DD+single-7135 driver: double sided 10440 torture for Dual-PWM

Pm sent regarding an alternative.

I discovered just this morning that tterev3 made a demo firmware for the attiny10, and I hadn’t heard anything about other firmwares until just now. I added his tiny10 example to my collection, but don’t know where to look for others.

Also, I’m trying to figure out a way to tag firmwares with hardware requirements, to make it easier to navigate the collection to find ones which fit a given driver.

In any case, it’s a topic for a separate thread.

And I want some of these 10mm FET+1 drivers, because I think they’d be just about perfect floating in the pill of an ET D25A behind the battery contact plate. The stock driver floats around in there anyway (and it’s larger), so this should be an easy fit. :slight_smile:

Yep, I’ve been using the Tiny10 that way for a while now, it fits almost anywhere and is good for 5A and a little more on larger cells.

How big is the stock one? In the pictures from your website which come up when I Google the subject it appears quite large. Maybe the less-tricky 12mm or 15mm FET+1 drivers would be easier?

Yes, it’s likely that a larger driver would fit too. :slight_smile:
Stock is just shy of 15mm, I think.

I don’t know how i totally missed this driver thread for so long :slight_smile:

Thanks as always wight, for pushing the envelope on what is possible.

I can’t almost believe how fast everything is moving, it was just some months ago we got the first single sided FET driver and almost every week some new possibility in features or size has been released by you.
And then i am not even counting all the other developments on BLF.

I wonder where we will all be in a year from now? :bigsmile:

LOL, Yeah if the possible lumens progression continue on a max hot rodded light (as Dale has shown among others ;)) as it has year after year, it will not be long before we can hold a light that can be seen from space :bigsmile:

Dale, show us a picture of your assembled tiny10.

I’ll show you the new one when I get it built, the one’s I’ve done to date have one side buried in Arctic Alumina epoxy.

You just don’t realize how small 10mm is until you build one of these! :wink:

I have a BLF Tiny 10 in my pocket, but I don’t think I will try this one.

I’m going in! :slight_smile:

I know I ordered some LFPAK33 FET’s for this, I see on Mouser where they shipped 2 weeks ago. I just can’t find em, or any trace of em. No receipt, nothing. I’m also missing a SBT-70 that I DO have a receipt for. Beats me, I’m sure they’ll both turn up but here I am ready to rebuild the Texas Poker, excited about it, and can’t find the dang MOSFET’s!!! Aaarrrggghhh, memory loss is such a PITA!

As it so happens, the little LIFPAK33 MOSFETS I was thoroughly convinced I’d lost haven’t even made it to me yet. Tracking has them last seen in Austin on the 18th. Go figure.

Good luck on your build :slight_smile:

Ant Man probably thought they were his back pack.

Scott, why do you say that? It seems out of place and is so strikingly targeted at the same time…. I used to work with a loco guy that called himself Ant Man (Anthony was his name) Hadn’t thought of that guy in a while…

Y’all know my memory sucks, that brought back one as clear as a bell….AntMan was going to “prank” me and teach me that I needed to be more aware. He showed up at my house one night and knocked lightly on the door frame. When I opened the door he lunged in, like an attack or something, but I was already standing to the side and he just laughed and started telling me how aware I should be in this crazy world and all that. You should have seen his face when I pulled my .357Mag from behind my back and re-holstered it. “I could have died!” lol Yeah, be aware my friend!

Isn’t it crazy how a memory can come on you like something that just happened, and yet when you try to remember something or are asked about something it’s not there at all? Not lost, apparently, just unavailable at the moment.

And that, my friends, was a little Tuesday morning trip down memory lane. We now return you to the regularly scheduled program.

I’ve got the little 10 all built, bridge wire and everything in place including the positive contact and LED neg through the board. Waiting on that little mosfet to show up. Something tells me I’ll be building a second one, lol I ended up using a Teflon wire for the neg lead through the board, it was thinner and better protected while still being 20ga. :wink:

The Tiny FET+1 about 70% built…

After I took these pics, I drilled the hole for the wire to go through and wired the bridge across the MCU between the cap and diode. I pulled most of the strands from a Teflon 20ga wire, soldered it, then cut it to fit and soldered it in place across the ATTiny13A. Then I flattened it with the curved shaped of my stats.

Still waiting on the little mosfet

Looking good :slight_smile:

Which LFPAK33 MOSFET did you order?

I ordered 9 of the NXP PSMN1R5-25YL,115 from Mouser. Now they’re AWOL and Mouser is out of stock.

Reckon I’ll look around and see what is available.

Edit: Went ahead and ordered 10 from DigiKey. Showing as a non-stocked item now at Mouser, DigiKey had over 14,000 of em. Go figure.