ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

I received my g720 earlier this week. Seems like a sturdy knife! Unfortunately it wasn’t very sharp, and I haven’t ventured that far into knife-stuff, so I don’t have any sharpening gear yet.
It’ll be interesting to see if I prefer the ganzo g620, g720 or the enlan el01 in the future!

Still hoping to find the G727 for sale somewhere familiar!

SANRENMU WA751 - NEW MULTITOOL

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Sanrenmu-WA751-A1-Multi-Functional-Army-Knife-Folding-Knife-12C27-Blade-G10-Handle-19-Functions-WA751/316393_32428090331.html

It looks like quality, like everything sanrnemu does…what do you think ?

I like that G10. :slight_smile:

Yes, yes, yes and YES. I’m sold and the blade is sub-3 inches and looks non-locking so is OK for UK EDC. :bigsmile:

I have so many heavy tactical knives in the collection…decided to do a 180 and change things up on my next purchase.

I have been looking for a lightweight, thin,…with a really deep carry clip for the office.

So this evening I stumbled upon the AE version of the Mcusta…MC12 Tactical Elite.

Japanese inspired tactical gentlemen’s folder…with a super deep pocket clip.

Several stores have them on sale for around $18.34…Ordered…hope it lives up to the real thing.

PLEASE do not go and buy some expensive sharpening system. There are a multitude of ways out here on the net to do this. I am linking you a couple HERE and HERE

This is a budget forum for lights, the same way we do stuff cheap, the knife crowd has been doing it too…

That G720 is nice, but I find the G724M I just got is about perfect for me to carry everyday, no matter what, with comfort.

And what about this budget sharpener ? :wink:

25 euros with shipping…could it be good ?

I have one of those I use it for reprofiling. In the final stage I use the ultra fine rods of my Sharpmaker for deburring the edge (you can also use a leatherstrop for removing the burr).

I think for maintaining a sharp edge a “V” style sharpening system is more convenient. That system you linked with the optional diamond stones excels in reprofiling.

Could you give an example of a “V” style sharpening system?

For example:
Lansky 4-rod Turn Box Crock Stick Sharpener
Spyderco Sharpmaker

“For the New Coming Sanrenmu Swiss Army Knife , we can only sell to Russia,Asia Market according to the deal we make with Sanrenmu (We can’t sell to EU and north American Market )”

This from the home page of Aliexpress seller :frowning:

Maybe if you MP the seller the answer will be different. 0:)

I didn’t try, but maybe.

Meh. Seem good on the paper and pictures but it will not be practical.Way too large and heavy and the side-clip seem like a bad joke. :smiley:
Better use a very small SAK or a small closing multitool. Maybe I can change my mind if I have it in hands.

Enlan now use damas blade. :slight_smile:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Enlan-BEE-EL02D-Damascus-steel-Blade-Folding-Knife-G10-Handle/316393_32348681252.html

you’re right, I think the same :wink:

But I’ll do not write to seller, because I have enough real Victorinox/Sak :bigsmile:

That is not a bad price, but for a few euros in the right store, some sandpaper and an old mouse pad make for some really sharp edges….

All you are doing when you sharpen is bringing the sides together evenly, as long as you do that, no matter what you use, you will have a sharp knife.

I think that having a good knife is the first step, the second is to develop the skills to sharpen. Tool are not skills…

Anyone make knife scales? I’ve thought about doing some carbon fiber scales.

Ordered myself a new clone. Cant wait it to arrive.
Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com (non aff link)

Halo,

Jantz Knife supply carries CF scale blanks

Hear, hear! DIY - here’s my knife sharpening jig:

I bought an Edgepro Apex clone and modified it and never had an issue. but I also bought Edgepro stones and threw away the crappy clone stones.