ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

UH OH!

I got a birthday present from my GF… The Ken Onion edition work sharp. It´s not exactly budget but worth every penny let me tell you. The edges it puts on knives are insane after stropping. I mean REALLY insane! Love it to bits. You can push cut the corner of a whole phonebook easily. And sharpening/reprofiling is FAST! (not selling them :D)

I have heard good things about these, and I think if I were to spend the money on a sharpening system, this would be the one. It does about everything you need and is fast, so it really would save time…

Where did you order this one from - Id like to get one of the same, I really like the smaller sized knives.

Thanks.

There is a learning curve but when u get the hang of it then it comes incredibly fast. Few mins from a dull knife to razor sharp. Dents seem to vanish really fast too when you use the more coarser belts. I can strongly recommend this device if your willing to shell out those dollars.

So I had looked up some prior information- which turns out to have been incorrect about knife laws. I thought that automatic knives were legal where I live. But the law is muddy, and reading further- it may not be legal to own one where I live. So if someone were to want you to do a review of an automatic knife- it’s probably best to tell them “no” right? I know this seems like a “I should have known better” question. But I initially had read some information that seems to be in incorrect reading of the law- from this site.

So it seems best to just avoid automatics altogether. Let alone post a review of one on my Youtube page.

Gift it before you get it and then you don’t own it. :slight_smile:

Since I’ve seen for the 3rd time mhanlen’s movie about G722, and I’m going to buy a big knife can someone point me to the right direction?
G722 vs EL01? Usually I’m not very good at opening with thumbstud and i prefer flippers so 1 point goes to Enlan, but G722 thinkness is so nice…. Other alternatives?

You can’t go wrong with the EL01.
If you want something more fancy have a look at the G723. Similar sturdy design as the G722 in a slimmer package.

so you prefer it to the G722? even if the presence of the 722 is so “massive”?

NOTE: Referring to the EL01 I was looking at the half serrated, which i think it’s the most versatile

NOTE2: nice blog!! also noticed the discount for the knives…. I must say….FINALLY!… When I bought my first knives from fasttech a coupon for knives was almost impossible to find

these are my EDC knives…and must saying…I love them, they open so quick and easy

Thanks! :slight_smile:

The G722 is also an excellent choice if you’re not concerned about its weight.

Got this today. Flips like a dream and blade closes with it’s own weight. Came clean and sharp. It’s big, solid and very comfortable.

There is slight imperfections in the center of the other ti slab. Not sure if it’s milling or uneven anodizing. Need to windex it and see.

All in all, I’m very happy with it.

Very tempting! It’s been sitting on my wish list for a while. :slight_smile:
Do you like the pocket clip design?

Nice looking knife, what is it?

It’s a Decepticon 2 IIRC

Edit: oooh it’s still a knife by CKF but it’s an Alexey Konygin T50 Flipper model… BTW us that a clone or a true $880 folder???

Yes, it’s a Konygins t50.
880$?! Knifecenter sells it for 450$.
Naturally this is a clone. 55€ was the price. I could not shell that kind of money for the real deal.

And Isti, I still haven’t tried the clip on my jeans… Tomorrow I can answer your question :slight_smile:

Ok, the clip works really nicely. Rides quite low and the blue ano clip blends in with jeans.
Also the imperfections are milling marks. You can see them but not feel them. I windexed the knife and now the anodization is nice and even. The knife was super easy to disassemble and assemble. It was really clean inside. I added some oil on the bearings.

Bearings are rolling against titanium so no steel washer between the ti and the bearings… this could be trouble in the future.
Detent of the knife is phenomenal! You just cant shake it open no matter what you do. But when you pull/push the flipper tab it flies open with speed.
When closed the tip of the blade protrudes a bit too much to the edge of the handle for my liking. You can catch the tip with your finger if you really try. Accidentally I dont see it happening though

weight of the knife is spot on what the seller promised. 175 grams for a BIG knife is pretty good in my book

Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:
I’m thinking about getting the grey beadblasted or stone washed version so minor milling marks won’t be visible.

i love the stonewashed too. If I would have known about the milling blemishes I would have chosen the stonewashed too. What can ai say, I’m a sucker for blue.

The weather was overcast so I managed to take a couple of pics of the new Ganzo M-series side by side:

That Rat clone with the axis lock sure is tempting, I just wish Ganzo did a better job with their steel.