D.I.Y. Illuminated tailcap

Ordered a 10 pack of 14mm.

v009
Like this?

Perfect, thanks. With a short stub of wire there won’t be a bump and the switch will still sit flat.

I came across something interesting tonight. I figured it would be easier to make a video than try to type it all out. So y’all get to hear my lovely voice for the first time (yes, I’m saying “S6” not “F6”). This is the only one of my lights that exhibits this behavior, and it is consistent no matter how far the tail is locked out, etc.

Enjoy.

You’re electric!

Capacitance or maybe squeezing deforms the tail/tube slightly?

My BLF A6 with blue/red tailcap does that too, but very much dimmer than yours. It is your slightly conductive hands bypassing the lock-out a littlebit, through the anodisation of the body. These little leds allow extremely low currents and still light up, so with very high resistance it still works.

Where is everyone sourcing the clear tail caps? I keep buying them via the link. They show in stock yet he tells me they are sold out and refunds my money…
Neil

Steve posted a link to EDC light in post 302 that leads to 14 mm caps

My order shows shipped and I specified in the comments not to send gitd caps so well see what comes.

He just refunds my money when I purchase lol…
Neil

Which link are you using? The ones in the op or the Steve’s?

I just noticed yours goes to a new site and gmail address vs some Chinese email.fingers crossed this works thanks.
Neil

Just noticed board says 74R supposed to be 47R

More people are reading this since it came up in the other thread, so I’ve updated the OP a bit, and deleted non-working links.

I know it is a non-reliable source, but you left out the link for the clear tailcaps in the OP : http://www.edc-light.com/10-pack-14x8mm-rubber-tail-cap-cnq1794_p1055.html

Link won’t work for me, but I’m not buying from them again. I only got burned for like $6, but it took 32 days to figure that out, once the package arrived wrong.

On a positive note; I did one for a friend, who rather liked the combo of green LEDs behind a GITD boot (since I now have a metric ton of the things).

I built PilotDog68’s new driver… PD68 driver I have many notes toward the end of this thread.

I have a problem when using a lighted tailcap, it seems that the OTC never discharges. With a normal tailcap all works well, but with the lighted one the light tends to have previous (lower) mode memory. I am using blue led’s and have about 2300 ohms of resistors on that board and I am using the standard OTC for FET+1 drivers. PilotDog designed this driver with a spot for the bleeder resistor and I placed a 560 ohm on the driver.

I know that some of you have this working with the BLF-A6, which is basically what I have built since I have not added more 7135’s yet. How did you solve this problem???

Forgot to mention, running a slightly modified BLF-A6 firmware. Same problem with stock A6 code.

Thanks Matt

Can you give all the values for the resistors being used?

I can this evening. Do you want the driver or tailcap values? The driver uses the standard FET+1 kit with a 22k, did not have any 19.1k on hand.

Matt

the ones on the tailcap please