KD (kaidomain): Deals and new products thread

Will other tint bins be available? I have one of these in a light already and they seem ok.

Who knows? Output at specified currents and the thermal resistance are pretty much the same, so the question is what happens if you overdrive them :smiling_imp:

Edit: and if they perform: the million dollar question is: will they dedome?

Very interisting this Luminus SST-40! If i can read right we can use a XM MCPCB with this led. But the low voltage (voltage bin vj= 2,7-2,9V) and the high amps (5amps +) are crying for a regulated driver. With a fet you will probably burn the led to a crispy piece of art. :smiling_imp:

Looks like it could be a good efficiency booster in regulated lights where all you want is an emitter upgrade. I’d be interested to see djozz test one of these. I’d be willing to donate to the cause

Hi TheOnlyDocc

Thank you for your comment.

I will help to update the product description.

Thank you.

Ban

My sample is in a Olight. I did pull it out and mounted it to a Noctigon and tested it in a C8 with 6 extra 7135’s. It worked very well, did have a little tint shift as you went out in the spill. My BLF Review. I did find an odd artifact in the beam and it was corrected by PflexPro microtexture lens. The artifact was present in the C8 as well, but not as easy to spot. I have since put it back in the Olight, I liked the tint, but I do not know binning on the Olight led.

Just noticed these. This is great you got them on the way!

They sound very interesting - decent output, low voltage. I see it's the same footprint as a XM-L2, so should be a step up for that foot print in terms of output and high amps. They are rated at 5A max, so hoping they can take 8-10A.

At 700 mA, this N4 bin is rated same as a U2, but at 2 A, it's close to a U3 bin. As you up the amps, the lumens output rises compared to a XM-L2. This makes sense because of the lower Vf. If it can take high amps, and then if it can dedome, might be a winner.

Ban - would be great if you can get N5 or P2 bins! I believe the XM-L2 U4's can fail at ~5.2A, so these should be capable of going higher.

Some new C8’s are now on sale with XHP 50.2’s in three tints 3000, 5000 and 6500. example below. Price is $28.93 to $29.93

These are probably the brightest C8’s ever on sale

KDLITKER C8.2 Cree XHP50.2 White 6500K 2600 Lumens 5-Mode LED Flashlight - Black ( 1x18650 )

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026927.KDLITKER-C8_2-Cree-XHP50_2-White-6500K-2600-Lumens-5-Mode-LED-Flashlight-Black

If the stupid Battery-Print on the side wouldn’t be there

And “KDLITKER” sounds a bit weird :smiley:

not for me, I have the JKK36 and the KDIY-K5 on their way

Please share a mini review on the JKK36 when it comes. I have my eye on it. I’ve got a K5 on its way too. In NW :smiley:

Hi Tom E

Thank you for your advice.

We are the first time to try SST-40 LED and help someone to install it.

I will see any other bins are available from our supplier.

Thank you

Ban

Thanks Rolz

This is new style of C8 flashlight. And we had upgraded all the parts to a high quality flashlight.

Hope you guys will love it.

Enjoy

Ban

Just be aware that this “new design of C8 style flashlight” means the revival of the screwed-in brass pill. No copper. Heat transfer will not be as good as for the latest no-pill C8s.

but you can solder the ledboard to the pill, that is worth something to me. I never noticed any negative effects of brass pills with any 3V led, the XHP50.2 with double the power however may suffer a bit from it.

Hmm
 I tend to think the pill-less design is primarily interesting for the manufacturer and seller, because it’s cheaper to produce, because you don’t have to make a pill

A tightly screwed in pill has plenty of heat path where the threads are pressed against eachother, squeezed even.

You may be right, I only wanted to point that out. I am unhappy to see ‘copper’ everywhere these days when it is just brass with 1/3 the heat conductivity (similar to alu) but three times the weight. Manufacturers are playing Sales Bullsh*t Bingo big time today.

For a powerhouse like this a brass pill is just a bad design concept. P60 times are over. Threads as heat transfer paths may work for a short runtime but there are much better ways to design a powerful light. It is a pity that some suppliers do not have the experience or (even worse) have other priorities.

I suppose it is just the opposite. Making flashlight bodies and pills from tubes is very efficient. Making a pill-less head will need a pre-forged starter piece or a solid block with 80% material machined away.

However brass pills to me seem to be a waste of money for everybody.

Yeah. Google Translate suggests that the Chinese language doesn’t make a clear distinction between

copper
铜
TĂłng

and copper alloys (brasses, various)
黄铜
huĂĄng tĂłng

One hanady thing about pills — being able to make up several of them with various emitters and drivers, and swap them in and out of a single host.
That works if they’ll sell you extra pills.

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026839.Osram-SFH-4716AS-IR850nm-IR-Emitter-with-KDLIGHT-3535-16-16mm-x-1_5mm-DTP-Copper-MCPCB

you should warn your customers that this LED has the anode as well on the thermal pad
now as its mounted on a DTP star this is very unlucky for flashlights

if the star is not mounted electrically insulated to the lights body, you get a direct short whitch is not healthy

Hi friend

Another new DTP Copper MCPCB for XHP70 (6V) / 7070 LEDs is arrived.

KDLITKER 7070-16 DTP Copper MCPCB
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026930.KDLITKER-7070-16-DTP-Copper-MCPCB-for-Cree-XHP70-Series-6V-7070-LEDs-2-pcs

KDLITKER 7070-20 DTP Copper MCPCB
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026931.KDLITKER-7070-20-DTP-Copper-MCPCB-for-Cree-XHP70-Series-6V-7070-LEDs-2-pcs

Thank you

Ban