Is this a nut light or what :D

Received email advert today from Tmart: Link here

something odd with this pic right :) low price i would say :D

So, what's with the nut, that must be a tripod mount :D

well, at least they got one color right :P

So none of the emitters sits in the middle behind the lens, not good for the beam shape.

Love the the hex nut switch!

must be quite the awful beam patter with the emitters off-center like that with an aspheric lens. Its just nuts.

With off-center emitters and aspheric len I think it might make a good thrower. Turn it on, see how ugly the beam pattern is, then throw it in the nearest trash can. :smiley:

Jay, we have new post-deleter at BLF. It's been a while ;-)

Well this has to be the first time I have actually seen the nuts on a Eagle.

+1

Its a wonder they did not say it was built especially for all the BLF members here. Dont know anyone thats not nuts here. Group buy with special BLF engraving?

Reminds me of a light I bought more than a year ago.. It had two emitters and aspheric, both emitters off-center. It looked like this one.

It was a surprise to me how little it affected the beam quality in real life. Of course the beam wasn't perfect, but it was much better than I feared it to be.

However, the fact that the beam moved to another location when changing the color was a bit annoying. ;)

For this price I'm seriously considering to buy one. [Not to be really used, but just as a speciality light for my collection.]

Edit: Ordered.

LOL :smiley:

Might be a nice host for a single emitter in the center too. The price i’m seeing though is nearly 15 bucks, and not 8.99… i can’t find that sale price.

Check out the first pic :wink:

hm, wire it as a triple in parallel?

ah i see it now. :party:

Even cheaper via ebay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/311369068506

Bought it there.

I will use this light with a single emitter.

Dammit, that looks kinda fun, you guys are going to make me spend more money yet again…where is the green/red/white version?

It looks iffy. Generally cheap lights can have new machined copper pills easily inserted, but I would wonder about how it’s set up for driver size etc to be worth using the copper and machining time.

In other words, there’s other very cheap lights that have a lot of “aspheric ability” which might just make more sense.

If someone buys one of them, just be sure to measure factory lens size, and driver/pill arrangement. If it’s something that looks like it could be worthy of a good mod, I will definitely give my input on it or just PM me your question if I miss the post and you are curious. I have a catalog of tested lenses now in my armament for which I can possibly recommend.

MEM

Oh, I just looked at the eBay link I had missed. I bet you it has a 38mm acrylic lens with a lens aperture of ~32mm or thereabouts. (Looks bigger than it is.)

This lens size is very popular in a mod I do with XP-E2 emitter in another host model (but no tripod mount, although they are easy to make).

Nut Job :smiley:

for one.