REVIEW: ”police” branded aspherical lense flashlight (XP-E Q5, 1x18650)

<span class=“language english the in myself express to way correct the me suggest and phrase” “strange a wrote i where me point wanna you if corrections and suggestions accept I me. with compliant be please so error, grammar of lot a making surely am i english, in write to good so not am i”>

First impressions:
Shipped from: buyincoins http://www.buyincoins.com/item/43808.html
…….also found on fasttech site:

1. http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10009846/1864905-windfire-j18-q5-cree-1-cree-xp-e-q5-3-mode-350lm
  2. http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10007767/1675208-1-cree-xp-e-q5-3-mode-350lm-zoom-cool-white-white

It’s the classic cheap flashlight with aspherical lense, it’s notmal i did’t expect much from it :slight_smile:
I think it’s a good alternative to the sipik and all aspherical lense flaslight that you can find out, why? The zoom is usable with a rotable bezel, so the flashlight lenght will never increase or change.

Modes and estimated lumens:
Switch type: MECHANICAL
There are “ 3 ” modes in the following order:
Hi – low - strobo

My estimated lumens are 150/200

>>LIGHT >>> The angle of refraction:

Weight and dimensions measurements (made myself, not by specs):
This flashlight weighs precisely 116 gr
Height 15,6 cm
Diameter 2,8 cm
Head diameter 3,4 cm

Construction quality:
The host is reasonably well made for a low cost item.
Rotable bezel mechanism is not an high machined piece , but performs the job sufficiently well

Lanyard hole: PRESENT (one)

Threads came NOT GREASED, but this is not a big con, i used my grease.(mine isn’t an high quality one, but you can buy a top notch if you prefer)

Led Tint, reflector and lense:
Led tint is a very cold white….maybe too much.
Lense made of: PLASTIC

Outside beamshot at 25 meters, only at FULL power (same place for all my reviews)

Wall beamshot at 250 centimeters, from lower to higher power (same place for all my reviews)

Ceiling bounce test with LUXmeter:

PROS:

- really cheap

• not bad construction for a low cost flashlight

CONS:

• light output just sufficiently ok for general usage

Final thoughts and why you should buy it:
Why should you buy it? Maybe because it’s a present for friends or a familiar with few pretensions from a flashlight, being accustomed to “supermarket” flashlight !!

Thanks for reading……
….and if you notice some bad written phrases, feel free to correct me suggesting the right way to write it!! :slight_smile:

I even bought two of these (very similar) zoomies with gift boxes (sets with mains/car charger, 2 crappy red Ultrafire unprotected cells each) as a gift for my nephews. That was some time ago, I didn’t know better then… :~
After closer inspection, I decided NOT to gift them to anybody with not enough knowledge about Lithiums! Much to dangerous, especially in this setup.
The charging port is direcly connected to the cell, the power adapters had 5V!! Only the car adapters are specified with 4.2V but the electronics inside was very fragile and the pcb did break instantly. With the power adapter I promptly overcharged one of the red Ultrafires, I can’t even imagine how someone can sell this crap at eBay to the common people.
I just finished modding one of the lights itself. Mine had still XR-E emitters, replaced them with XP-G2. The pill is very small and the thermal path is bad because the only contact with the body is through the small threads which are used to move the pill up and down. Because the emitter sits at the bottom of the tubular pill, the zooming range is not optimal. The emitter can’t be moved all the way to the lens for best flood! I press-fitted a cylindrical brass round to the pill (17.4mm diameter, 4.7mm height) and mounted the 16mm star with the XP-G2 on top. This way, the surface of the dome almost touches the lens when zoomed out for best flood. The downside: the zooming range don’t reaches full throw anymore (sharp projection of emitter surface). I like this light much better nevertheless, it’s much more usefull now - brighter and wider flood.

nice mod, did you use the stock driver?
About batteries…i received without them so it’s not a problem and i never buy cheat xxxfire batteries but only panasonic,sanyo,lg……

I principally use unprotected batteries, but if i have to present as figt it’s normal i would give a PROTECTED battery. So even if the circuit of the charger will break, no problem for the battery being keept safe from the pcb circuit

I kept the stock driver for now, only braided the springs and put a resistor over the cap to get rid of the next mode. You could put more parallel to the two 1 ohm resistors, but due to poor cooling I’m not sure how much more power would be possible…

I bought a vgl version of this one with

xpe and charger/crapfire. Though real

capacity is 800mah, they still gave me

a year of use without exploding. I overuse

it and bat got low to 2v so i threw it away.

below is my review of its cousin.