REVIEW: Headlight 4 in 1 “led stripe” microUsb IN and usb OUT (6x 5630 smd, 1x18650)

<span class=“language english the in myself express to way correct the me suggest and phrase” “strange a wrote i where me point wanna you if corrections and suggestions accept I me. with compliant be please so error, grammar of lot a making surely am i english, in write to good so not am i”>

First impressions:
Shipped from: GearBest http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_97849.html
similar item but much more colors http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_149868.html

You can see that it’s a small headlamp, with no classic central led and reflector. This it the first thing which attracts me.
There’s also included a micro usb cable, and a headband where to insert the flashlight.

Modes and estimated lumens:
Switch type: ELECTRONIC
There are “ 3 ” modes in the following order:
Hi – low – strobo – HIDDEN strobo when press 2 seconds

My estimated lumens are 200/230
i tested the runtime at Hi: 5 hours with still reasonably brightness (panasonic 3400mah)

>>LIGHT >>> The angle of refraction:

Weight and dimensions measurements (made myself, not by specs):
This flashlight weighs precisely 112 gr (with battery)
Height 9,9 cm
Diameter 2,7 cm

Construction quality:
It’s perfectly machined and there’s a nice circular rubber to cover and protect the micro usb and USB standard port, including the switch ( you press it throught the rubber)
I tested the usb output… it reachs a max of 1,2A (1200mah) but i needed to attach 2 usb powered item to draw this current.
If only attach my android phone it draws 0,65/0,7A. I am not sure but i think that every usb device only draw its needed amp so only using more than 1 item you can see the MAX amps outputted by this powerbank, and 1,2A seems a good value. ( higher than i expected)

When you connect the microusb cable to charge it, you can see a RED light, and when the battery is fully charged the led becomes BLUE.

Lanyard hole: NOT PRESENT

Unfortunately, the battery is non user replaceable and fixed in.
I tried to open it without success (you can see little scratches made by me, tempting to open it), and gearbest support confirmed me this condition.

Led Tint, reflector and lense:
The beam is FLOODY but with a semi definited OVAL spill with no hotspot.
I really like it!! it’s perfect for night walking and to be used as headlamp because the oval beam allow me to have a “wider” peripheral vision.

Tint is a very cold white
Reflector made of: no need of reflector with 5630 led
Lense made of: PLASTIC

Outside beamshot at 25 meters, only at FULL power (same place for all my reviews)

Wall beamshot at 250 centimeters, from lower to higher power (same place for all my reviews)

Ceiling bounce test with LUXmeter:

PROS:

- nice usefull oval beam

- about 200 lumens with nice runtime

- microUsb INput and nice max 1,2A usb OUTput

• price is the cheapest from gearbest

CONS:

• integrated battery non replaceable

Final thoughts and why you should buy it:

I ordered it because it’s a new style flashlight/headlight that i’ve never seen before, the only one thing that i don’t appreciate is the fixed in 18650 battery, but it’s not a big con……i own some old 1x18650 powerbanks with integrated battery which still have a good amount of battery capacity.
The integrated battery should last over 5 years.

I think that’s a good multi purpose flashlight and smartphone saver, to keep in my coat pocket …. and leave the headband in my car for emergencies where i need to have the hands free.

Thanks for reading……
….and if you notice some bad written phrases, feel free to correct me suggesting the right way to write it!! :slight_smile: