N10sivern's Zombie Slayinator - 3rd Annual BLF Contest Hand Made - Grand Finale Posted!

Just a sneak peak of what’s to come further down the road. What could I possible do with that? You’ll see :wink: Lets just say that the 20m aspheric light isn’t the only light. There will be 6 lights in one build! I’m redefining over the top monster light.

I got a lot done today in a lot of hours. Tomorrow, I will finish wiring up the light, find the focal point on the lens and secure the head, and possibly Kydex the frame. If I have time, I will also start on the trigger assembly. In other words, hopefully it will be alive tomorrow!!!

Awesome work, n10sivern!

I’ve been out of the flashlight scene/world for a while, so sorry for the silly question, but how does this reflect?

Awesome work. Looking forward to reading more of what looks to be a copper bazooka torch.

I don’t want a reflected beam like in a regular reflected light. If you look at the larger aspherical, they have a slope on the side of the head and the inside is black. I’m just copying them. If it works it works, if not I’ll take it out.

Hmm, cute-3 m, 32 mm Noctogon, 1 1/4” pipe cap?

Yup. You know your stuff Rufusbduck. Waiting on parts to arrive

What an absolutely outrageous weapon, and sooooo much copper!
DO NOT LET THEM GET A HOLD OF THE SLAYINATOR

Zombies have been busy hoarding copper!!!

Coins have already been minted for after the Zombie Apocalypse.

Won’t need a prize, will need get out of jail free card.

Will it work on yetis? I hate yetis! Yetis ate my brother!

Hmmm…. ravenous monsters… flashlight wielding human…

It’s alive. See the updated OP.

Coming up next, a big sheet of Kydex and an old Mosin rifle stock.

Let there be light! Awesome work!

Ha! This thing is obscene!

Congrats on getting it fired up.

I have another big weekend ahead of me with my build.....

Wow. Is there any way to measure lumens on such a monstrosity?

I don’t think so unless I use Epcot Center at Disney World as a light sphere! The LED is rated for up to 15,000-18,000 lumen if I remember correctly. If this were China, I’d say it’s about 100,000 lumen :wink:

Great monster light, with a monster hotspot. Another epic build thread :-)

I'm curious about the beam with the reflector installed. I have been thinking about the best reflector to go with an aspheric lens, and perhaps the cleanest would be just a cone that is painted matt white. But I'm curious about this ringy one too.

No No No! You DON’T want white! You want to minimize reflections! Flat black - the flatter and blacker the better! The only light you want coming out of an aspheric light is straight from the LED to the lens - no reflections, because those are your artifacts and rings. :wink:

I honestly don’t know how it will look with the “reflector” that I have. It was only $7 for the clamp on light, so I figured what the hell, might as well try it. I actually needed the other part to the lamp for another project (a rifle lamp). I have a lot to do before I get to that point though. I still have to finish skinning the frame, attach a stock, wire my triggers, etc. Unfortunately, I don’t think I can mold the Kydex until I have everything available to install the switches and form battery compartments, etc. It will probably be another week before I have everything to complete all of this. With 1.5 months until the deadline, that gives me about a month to finish the build and a half a month for the big finale

I agree that matt black gives a great beam, just the hotspot and nothing else. But if you want to make use of the normally wasted light going to the side in an aspheric, the only way to do that without rings is a lambertian reflecting (matt) white surface, it produces an even spill.