When the seller says FOR LG, FOR Panasonic etc...just a other word for fake?

On Aliexpress, you have to read the text carefully, for it’s common there that they use the “phrase”:

Seen that on lots of stores/sellers there. They say it’s original, but why use the word FOR? If I’m not mistaken, that mean that the battery is not produced by the original company, like Samsung, Panasonic etc?

Getting little confused, since seller like Convoy Simon is selling “for” batteries, and he seems like a guy to trust. Can I trust the batteries I have ordered from him?

Got a few batteries from Aliexpress marked “for” in the text, and they seems real, they have the right weight, hight, capacity etc etc. Still, why use the words original and for i the same text?

Reading customer reviews is one way. Though be wary of fake reviews

Problem with Simons store, he has no feedback on the batteries I ordered, but he has a very good reputation of making Convoy flashlights, and being a honest person.
So if I should buy from any, it’s him.

Simon has a good reputation BUT his English skills are terrible :) Look up some of his original posts and you will see. If Simon is selling it I would not worry about it BUT you can also ask him if they are genuine and he will tell you.

Based on his reputation, i think he will not risk that just for a couple dollar savings. Though there is a possibility that he sells fakes since he didn't manufacture them. In case that happens, im sure he will refund you.

I suppose he could end up with something fake, but I believe that he would address it instantly and you would never have to worry. I have a couple of 30Q’s on their way to me from him and can’t wait for them to get here. I love the Convoy line of lights and hosts, he is a great source for them if you are not in a hurry.

Forgot to mention, any time I see the word “for” in an Ebay ad the assumption is that it is fake and it will not even get a second look. But Simon is not a native english speaker, and you have to cut him some slack… he tries hard and does fairly well.

+1

The use of the word “for” may be a result of a particular translation algorithm. For example (no pun intended), I might be selling a 4 cylinder car “for” a Fiat 500. The proper English phraseology would be “I am selling a Fiat 500 4 cylinder car”. It could happen.

But surely you must always be on the lookout for fakes.

mykhen you really have a flair for the fake stuff. After you bought fake flashlights, fake cells and fake eneloops, and after the forum tought you not to buy the fake stuff you keep persisting at it. When will you ever learn? Whenever I see a thread by you I can always be sure it’s full of fake stuff you purchased.

Fake flashlight, thats months ago. (Ebay - Ultrafire types 3000lumens) Then I got a couple of fake Convoy S2+ from Gearbest.com, but that is sorted out, and I’m only getting real products there now.
Fake cells? (re you talking about the Ultrafire I purchased in May or something, that I got when I first registered here?) It was just not me reading up on xxxxFire batteries. After that I have got one package of “shady” Trustfire 26650 batteries from GB. But I have got 16 of the same type from Ebay sellers that has been real.
Fake Eneloops…we are not sure if they are fake or not. When the Eneloop expert here at BLF don’t can be sure, how can you be sure?
Regardless, it can be a “bait and hook” from the one seller, first sell me good product, then send me fakes. Just 8 pcs of AAA Eneloops, so not the biggest loss. The rest of my Eneloop buys is most likely good buys. But you can never know for sure.

I ask this forum for guidance. I trust Simon, like many others here at BLF. So most likely his batteries is not fake. But I had to ask, since he used the word: “For” in the ad.

So really don’t see your point. Buying from different sources and buying allot, can give you fake stuff from time to time, but I’m pretty sure the only fake I have gotten from June to now is the two S2+ and four TF 26650 from GB (all sorted out) and maybe, just maybe 8 pcs of white Eneloops.

I think it’s a question that should be asked. I fully support and trust Simon. Deal with him all the time and yes, as others have suggested his English is not great. His integrity is though. I’ve actually been meaning to ask him about the “For” thing and now I will. As others have said I really doubt he would sell fakes but still I will ask. Remember that Aliexpress controls the wording in the original posts. That’s why Simon says on all his flashlight pages ↑↑↑Pls ignore above parameters,it’s written by the aliexpress system↑↑↑ I’ll post back his reply unless somebody gets it first. I want to order some batteries from him too since the prices are excellent. I haven’t seen the 30Q’s on his store yet though. I was just looking yesterday. Maybe I missed them?

I think in this case the “for” is a product of bad software translation.

But normally when you see For Samsung or Samsung Style then is most likely a fake.

My point, if not clear enough already, is that most people only get burned once. If one sticks to the known trusted sellers, it will surely lead to genuine products and most importantly less headaches. Perhaps you like exploring the dark corners of the chinese market, fishing for “deals”. Don’t let me stop you.
end rant

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-lot-Original-18650-3-7V-3000mAh-For-samsung-30Q-18650-rechargeable-lithium-battery-INR18650-30Q/32417949192.html

I have learned that if I see “style” = fake. But “For”? But I have an example there I maybe understand “for” and yes, you can say they are fake, but not bad fakes. I got some “for” Sanyo batteries from a seller on Alibaba. They are made exact by their specification, all high, length, width etc, weight, and actual capacity is the same. But they are made in China and not Japan.
After almost two month they still hold their Voltage, and I tested 10 pcs from each 50 pcs box. But the seller told me that they made them in their factory. Another seller told me that they imported them, but they had a sticker with the mAh and it said “Made in China” so I think it was the same there. After that I got only imported batteries like Panasonic, Samsung and LG. All real.

Ken - As suggested many times. Read, read, read. Not all batteries by the same brand are imported. Many are slowly or have been shifting production to China. Also, the word "for" is most often erroneously used in translations when it should be the word "from".

Does one know what is and what isn't? Not always and that is why we try and deal reputable sellers. The reference above was that a good number of your posts refer to counterfeit products - again things that could have been avoided if you did some homework first.

Simon is liked and trusted around here and if you are looking for other Ali sellers you should be asking for references from the more experienced people here instead of looking for grammar as a clue for honesty and dishonesty. FYI - there is actually a post on BLF that depicts trusted and recommended sellers. It would be worth searching for :)

Ebay is not ONE store, it’s thousands of sellers. When a seller has 100 - 1000 - hundred thousand sales, and almost 100% happy customers, I can’t see why I should not trust them?
The seller with the, maybe fake Eneloops, is a new seller, still over 70 sales and 100% happy customers. He had a good price, I did order some Pro AAA batteries first, they was good, all checked out. I then ordered the 8 pcs in question, no reason to believe he is selling fakes.

I still buy stuff from Gearbest.com yes, why not? They have fixed all issues I have had with them, and I have seen they have fixed issues others have had with them also. I buy from BangGood also.

But back to Ebay, 330.000 sales and 99.7% happy customers…the changes is good that they are selling legit stuff.

The sellers in Japan is more like, one guy, going to the store, buy some batteries, and sell them on Ebay for a profit. But since they are in Japan, it’s unlikely they will fake Eneloops, when they can buy the real deal most likely cheaper then fakes ones. The two other sellers has over 4000 sales and over 1000 sales, and 99.7, and 99.6% happy customers. Why should I not trust them?

But it’s a free world (for most of us) so believe what you want. My goal is always to buy real stuff, so I don’t need to use lots of time on the buy after. (Like with thees 8 pcs of Eneloops, hours of testing, using time here to write, reply, run more tests etc, then maybe contact the seller, see if we can make a deal, if not open a case etc etc. It is not fun).

And since you only have purchased fake product ONCE in your lifetime (it what you are saying, get burned once, never more) you must have a good list of good sellers of all kind of products. Why not share it?

When I first sign up on this forum, one of my first thread was a thread there I asked for name on honest sellers on Alibaba. No replies. I do believe there is honest sellers on Alibaba also. I have also asked for names of other good stores/sellers here on this forum, in different threads, but I have no long lists of stores/sellers beside they I use. (some names I can’t use since I live in Norway, so if they don’t send to Norway, or if the shipping is extremely high, I can’t buy there, thats that)

But back to you with your large list of only honest sellers. Name me some stores/sellers that sells batteries, flashlights, power banks and other stuff.

Finding a trusted seller is definitely the best way to go with Chinese merchants. Otherwise it’s just like playing the lottery. You may get lucky… or you may just be throwing your money away. Fasttech has been decent and does better than most at weeding out fakes and is pretty good about having accurate lumen ratings though I haven’t ordered from them in a year or so. Shipping times were a mixed bag. Banggood has been okay but shipping times are typically too long, usually over a month except the items that ship from the US warehouse but they charge more than the same item coming from their China warehouse which I don’t care for. I also had an order of quadcopter parts that didn’t fit and they wanted pictures or a video and I just don’t have time for that garbage. For a $5 part I’m not going to spend an hour proving that you shipped me the wrong stuff. My time is worth more than that. DX just takes ridiculously long to ship and fakes are not uncommon so I stopped buying fro them years ago. The only one I’ve never had a problem with is Simon. Communicating the details of the order might take a day or two if I’m not online at midnight but he always gets it right and shipping is way faster than the others. He’s always given me free ePacket shipping (you just have to ask) which has always had my flashlights at my door in Michigan in about 15 days. I think the longest was 17 days. Like others have suggested “For” is probably just a translation issue but I sent Simon a message asking him to clarify. I’ll post his response here.

I have dealt with a few overseas sales from merchants with 100k plus sales and great reviews. I have been asked by them when I complained about a product if I would keep it, take a refund and write a great review… Will not do that to pad their stats. Oh, the refund would come after the great review!

Just to inform you…my Eneloops in questions was not fake. Running a refresh on the batteries, gives me around 800mAh per battery now. And the second package gives numbers from 700 - 740, so just like the other normal white Eneloop AAA batteries I have (thats not fake).
Sure the other batteries also will hit 800mAh after I run a refresh on them also.

Yeah, what makes anyone trust the eBay ratings?

You can look this stuff up:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Feedback/Can-a-seller-fake-positive-feedback-ratings/qaq-p/3791991

“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, Mission Accomplished”