Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

+1!

Always talk (PM him) to Martin first, unless money means Nothing to you at all!

This is no BS!

Thanks Martin, for the great deals!

-Chuck

J-Dub74
Will there be blue and red Convoy S3s?

It’s definitely a good deal and I don’t want to take anything away from M4D M4X. He provides a good service to BLF members. I do feel inclined to respond to this particular question about whether or not this is the best deal on the L2. This could be subject to individual opinion and may vary depending on which continent you reside in.

Here is the price difference breakdown if you’re looking at the XPL-HI version of the L2:

Convoy L2 V2-1A: Simon $44.21
Convoy L2 V2-1A: Banggood $42.99
Convoy L2 U6-3A: Simon $44.71
Convoy L2 U6-3A: Banggood $43.99
Convoy L2 U6-4B: Simon $44.71
Convoy L2 U6-4B: Banggood $44.49

BG is cheaper by a few cents with the exception of the CW emitter which it seems is the least popular these days where you would save just over a dollar.
The 15% discount is also offered to all BLF members by Simon which is arranged by sending a message through Simon’s Aliexpress store.

Here’s where the game changes IMHO. Simon has upgraded his shipping so that at least in the US shipping time is 5-15 days for free. Banggood is advertising 7-20 day shipping free but in my personal experience I have never received a package from them that quickly. Simon on the other hand has met or exceeded my shipping expectations 90% of the time.

I have nothing against Banggood with the exception of them wanting you to send them a video if you have an issue with any item you purchase. That drives me insane!

All that said, can you save a few cents by buying with a code through a reseller? Sometimes you can but if you’re a BLF member dealing with Simon you are better off in my opinion going right to the source…

My 2 cents, (come on, y’all knew it was coming! :P)
I don’t use coupon codes for things like this, especially at mtnelectronics. Ever. Why? Because they’re in it for us to begin with, if they can’t make a decent profit they can’t expand and offer us more, carry the stock we want so it’s on hand, and eat a good supper at the end of the day. I don’t begrudge anyone making an honest dollar, and I certainly am not going to cut their profit til they bleed all in the name of getting the best bargain.

Since we’re all sharing our 2 cents when it comes to Convoy, I’ll toss mine into the change pile:

If MtnElectronics has it in stock, I buy from there, never with a coupon code. I do this because of the faster shipping; I have the patience of a small child.

If MtnElectronics doesn’t have it in stock, I buy directly from Simon on his AliExpress store. I’ve never asked him for his “blf” discount and I don’t plan on starting now. His stuff is cheap enough as it is. I won’t miss those few dollars it may save, but if hundreds or thousands of people are asking for that discount, Simon is definitely going to miss those hundreds or thousands of dollars.

If both Mtn and Simon are out of stock on something I want, I’ll order from banggood or gearbest or wherever I can find it. I do use coupon codes on those sites. Those are huge retailers with millions of customers and I’ll take a discount if they offer it.

But again, that’s just my opinion and my 2 cents. If Simon and/or Richard want to offer discounts they clearly know what they’re doing and can afford to offer it, so I don’t begrudge others who want to take it. I just don’t do it myself.

well said guys! :slight_smile:

What a lovely and kindhearted 4 cents. :bigsmile:

I guess I’ll make it 6 cents now. I can’t argue with any of that. Richard and Simon are two great guys and my two primary sources for all things flashlight related unless it’s something neither carry which is not much. Cheers to you both. I’ll also add that I would never judge anyone here for using the BLF discount. I guess I’d be a big old hippocrite if I complain about people using a discount that I posted. :open_mouth: I post it because people ask and Simon responded. Since I’m acting as his voice here I’m cool with that. Another thing to keep in mind is Simon does not make this a “coupon code” that you can enter into the Aliexpress system. You actually have to email him or message him through the store for him to apply the discount so it will never end up on some coupon code site for all the world to use. I think that keeps it (at least mostly) to true BLF members so this is not being used for hundreds of thousands of sales. If that keeps people buying directly from Simon as opposed to a retailer I’m cool with that. Oh and if hundreds of thousands of BLF members are buying directly from Simon and Richard… I think I’m ok with that too. :wink:

Edit I took so long typing that M4D M4X slipped another 2 cents in there while I wasn’t looking so we’re up to 8 cents now! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have a link yet but Simon has the 2 cell tubes pretty much ready to go. He decided to produce it with the block style knurling like the first round and the ring style knurling. Honestly I don’t know which I like better. I suppose sales will dictate which gets another run but until then you can choose either style which is pretty awesome IMHO. Any additional options when your talking hosts is a good thing.

Here is the block style knurled version:

Here is the ring style knurled version:

The block style would help a little in the grip department but I think the rings look good too… a little cleaner. It’s a toss-up for me. What’s your opinion?

Block Style! - But it’s really close.

Either way I’m gonna have to have it!

Thanks,
-Chuck

That’s a difficult one, I’m already used to the block style so that has my vote. I really like it!

I prefer the block style as well, looks very nice.

Block style if you ask me…

By the way, I think it looks Awesome :wink:

+1
must be block style :wink:
jax x6 ring style knurled:

As an amateur photographer, I came to flashlights with the training about light that coursework in photography gave me. It was quite a surprise, therefore, to hear folks in the flashlight biz characterize 4500K as "neutral." I have spent many hundreds of hours getting rid of 4500K (and other) color casts in images. Sometimes, of course, I will deliberately add a color cast to a picture, but that is another story.

I guess the terminology comes from the lighting industry, where anything cooler than the warm 2750K of an incandescent bulb needed a name. In rough terms, 4000K became "neutral," while anything over 5000K was denoted "cool."

This still rubs me the wrong way. "Neutral" should mean white, gray, or black. I am glad that to read that at least one pro photographer and expert flashlight builder shares my sensibilities.

Holy freaking balls that looks amazing! I prefer the block style but I would not mind the new style at all.

Thanks KIL, most don’t get it. Shoot a wedding at 4500K and see how much work you have to do later. :wink:

Block style gets my goat. That’s a serious flashlight right there! :slight_smile:

I really love the way the long tube looks with the blocks. I plan on just using a FET-driven XP-G2 in my L2, but I’m almost tempted to use a dummy cell just so I can have the aesthetics of the longer tube. At least then I could fit a KK 26700 cell without issue… hmmm

You serious m8? :bigsmile:

Anyway, i would realy love to see L2 with both side and tail switch and a single tube, a dream 26650 based light, it just needs a stand alont side button

Totally serious. I’m not going to do it, but I was tempted… for a moment.