Brinyte B158 Flashlight GB- Ordering is a GO with coupon, all details in the OP! Updated: 12-09-15

To give some perspective, a Jax Z1 at about 4.5A to a dedomed XP-G2 S2 2B makes around 245kcd with a smaller hotspot, costs 3x more, and has a green tint because of the type of coating on the lens.

Got it man! That should really help. I need to think about setting an end date now so they can get this order in. We’ll see how many people add on, for the next few days. We’re at 48 now, so we’re basically there with a few more. Hopefully this will drive the price of the bare pills down.

Yes and no, see if they’ll drop bare pill prices to $3.50 each if we reach 100? I’d buy 20 just to not have to disassemble the stupid things.

KKW, any other source of modding parts for good driver to drive this baby?
MTN doesnt ship to my country, so chinese store would be great, but I dont know which drivers to pick :D!

Must resist the urge for another one!

Oh and what about XP-E2, why is there so little love for it?

Ok, so let me ask a question then. Does the brass pill need any other parts other than the centering ring and retaining disc? As far as I know that’s all they’re including. Or will a driver fit in the pill without modding?

I don’t want any of those parts, but some people might.

Driver fits bare pill without modding.

Cool! I’ll send Gear Best a note.

KKW,

That is remarkable :) This is 1503 killer cause my best cherry picked does about 280kcd :)

I am still concerned about focusing system. My main concern is main switch. With this switch we will do focusing/defocusing action if this will be rifle mounted.

So it would be nasty to loose contact during scope observation cause you have to hold the body and tighten switch again.

Add 3 bare pills please.
Watch the sale of this light rock now that KKW has tested and approved it.
Seems like the light is a steal. Want some now.:slight_smile:
Thanks!
Keith

Ok, I’ll take a white one. Put me on the list please

I’m with kkw, if the pills reach 3.5$ I’ll get some, but (even) close to 7 is too much

Please add me for one red light.
And if the pill price drops to around $4 please add me.

You may not believe it, but I never tried the 1503 so I can’t tell you much in comparison between them besides the fact that I don’t know of a 1503 that measures close 310kcd with the same setup. I believe most people get about 200-250kcd.

No thoughts yet on switch quality, but the spring is super long, and probably not high current capable, so a tailcap spring bypass is highly recommended.

Since this light comes with a rail mount standard, I’d say this light is more hunter friendly, and the guts from the remote switch for the 1504 should fit for those that like remote switches.

mhanlen, you might note in the thread title or first post what kind of output this light is capable of modified, interest levels may rise.

Mhalen, what the heck, please add one white light for me.

Would this work for this light?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001980/2204400-authentic-panasonic-ncr18650b-3-7v-3400mah

Stock, yes. If you modify the light it’s possible there are better choices depending on how it gets modified. For 3A and less those would be just fine, with good runtime.

Dont talk to me like I know anything bout modding. lol
Is the price good for those cells?

I’m not an expert on battery prices, I don’t shop around for them much unless Mountain Electronics doesn’t have what I need. It seems ok, if you get them, seems like battery shipping from China can be a hit or miss affair.

Can You please put me down for a red one instead of the white one. I'm No. 2 in the list. Thanks