Brinyte B158 Flashlight GB- Ordering is a GO with coupon, all details in the OP! Updated: 12-09-15

That is great news, this should be enough to convince enough people so that the 50 can be reached!

Now just the bare pills: my frugal self can't get over the fact that we have to pay 9 dollars for something that costs a few cents to make.

I hear ya. It’s dumb considering we can get a full version of the light for a bit over $20. I really tried to get, just the hosts, but neither party wanted to go for that. But feel free to voice your opinion about it, I’m pretty sure Gear Best is watching this thread.

Took measurements of the stock light on a freshly charged Efest purple 18650.

Lumens at start: 624
Lumens at 30 sec: 572
Lumens at 90 sec: 548

Candela (measured at 27’): 56kcd

Looks like our numbers match up pretty well.

Not too shabby. Looks like mine reads a bit higher, but that’s how it is on these homemade devices and crappy lux meters. Although on other things I read lower than others (like my T20, Armytek, Spark, Manker boney, and more), so who knows.

2kcd is less than 4%. You should be ecstatic we’re so close, slight variations in the LED and lens make bigger differences than that.

I’m hoping to see 200kcd+ after modding with dedomed XP-G2 S4 2B with MTN-DD driver.

Awesome. I’m glad you helped confirm my findings. I feel like sometimes people don’t trust my testing/review skills, and I feel validated I was properly representing the light.

Okay, that is enough for me, sign me up please for one white version and, if the pill thingy goes well, one or two pills depending on price :D!

My modding skills are very limited due to only learning how to solder so two pills would be better than one if I trash the stock pill at least I will have something to fall back to.

Would love to put XP-E2 in it and also one with IR LED :D!

Will do. If the lower price doesn’t pan out with the bare pills just ask me to remove them, by posting here. Ideally they’ll be a bit under $7- but again I can’t make any promises at this point.

I’m in for one red and a spare pill, if the price drops. I hope it will… because 9 is bit absurd :~
I have a LD-2 just waiting for something special. I think my first ‘real’ zoomie would be special enough for me:)
KKW mentioned dedomed XP-G2. Any other suggestions for a zoomy noob :bigsmile:

The dedomed XP-G2s seem to be the best for throw in a small package. I’m going to try a XPL HI- but I don’t see those used as much. I’ll put you down pending price.

Thanks KKW

I think you should compare to 50 mm aspherics...

I am interested to see modding results and direct comparison with 1503.

So this light has forward clicky switch? That should be more reliable than 1503 clone omten rc switch that often need to be replaced by kan-28.

I would like to see your opinion on this 2 so we could see difference:

- throw performance

- flood performance

- easy of focus adjusting(one adjust on rear and other one on head, so what is better in your opinion)

- which is more hunter friendly in your opinion?

If Gearbest is indeed watching this thread I want to point out that if the price drops enough, I’ll be wanting at least 2 more bare pills for white and IR, maybe more. I’ll say for sure when the price comes out.

Just had my first disappointment with the B158. The 105c driver sits loose inside the pill, + and - are soldered to it from a contact plate(+) and pressed in brass ring(-). The thing that disappoints me is the press fit ring. What a pain to get out. This likely means a 17mm driver will float a bit and be hard to solder in place. We’ll see, I’m working on the build now, hopefully later today I’ll have modified numbers posted and some more thoughts on how mounting a 17mm MTN-DD driver goes.

So I’ve tried unsuccessfully, although not very hard, to get the driver out. I don’t have the parts yet, but I’ve not been able to just lift mine out. I had no idea there was a press fit ring too, because it doesn’t much look like one. I’ll be curious to see what you figure out and how you make it work.

I assumed it was just jammed in there similar to a convoy driver… At least my s6 was like that.

Get ready for this group buy to explode. I finished the mods, dedomed XP-G2 S4 2B on a 16mm Noctigon, MTN-DD driver (which fit fine with the little tabs on it, they hold it in place nicely for soldering, don’t sand them off like normal), no spring bypass on the tailcap or new switch.

I’m still waiting on my 30Q’s to charge, but on a Sanyo laptop pull that was at 4.1V when I put it in I measured over 240kcd at 30 seconds.

I smashed the top of the press fit ring to pry it out, YMMV. Plan for the contact plate to be trashed and maybe saving the driver if you need a spare 105c.

I’ll update later with 30Q and tailcap spring bypassed.

When you say soldering… what exactly are you soldering… the driver to the pill? Can you show a detailed pic? Sorry to be a pain, but sometimes my mods are a bit underwhelming, because of little details I don’t understand. I have been plagued by flicking outputs before on some mods.

Mine doesn’t appear to have that ring…

The ring is what your contact plate is pressed into. Don’t baby the contact plate, pry it out by whatever means necessary. Once it’s out all will be clear. If I didn’t already have a driver soldered in place I’d take a picture for you to help out.

The intermittent output is probably due to the loose driver floating behind the contact plate.

Put me down for 20 total in red.

Fully charged Samsung 30Q, spring bypasses on both ends, dedomed XP-G2 S4 2B (not cherry picked) on 16mm Noctigon soldered directly to the pill, MTN-DD driver.

310,118cd

Jaw hits floor……

Ho…ly… :open_mouth: