Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Is the tail switch a forward clicky, or reverse clicky? It only makes sense to have it be a forward clicky with side switch, but I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere. Thanks

Forward

I could finally pick up the l6 at my local post office today. The light seems to work only without the o ring. With o ring there’s no light coming out at all.
As it is full day light the light couldn’t impress me right now. compared with the Jaxman X1 it seems to be more a flooder than a thrower. Maybe the clear reflector of the X1 makes the difference here…
A pure thrower like the X1 has some disadvantages when walking on a small trail and only to have a super bright small point in front I am very optimistic that the L6 will fullfil my use case during hunting. I am looking forward for illumination tests tonight.

Any ideas what might be the problem with the o ring functionality? Maybe the length of the batteries?

I didn’t remove anything. That might be the problem I will check it out.
Solved. Damn that was a stupid mistake by me…. thank you Kawi

I do it all the time too, :smiley: The protective cover ring, no worries!!! :+1:

Anybody know where I could get a 30mm PCB contact board? I don’t want to destroy the L6 driver just for the board?

Oh geez they are the 71 mm. Didn’t realize there was a battery size limit. So I’m guessing it’s because it’s not making proper contact since it’seems not screwing in all the way. Any possible. Mods to make it work? I bought 6 of these batteries.

Hhmm, I do destroy the stock boards all the time, useless to me anyways, but you could ask one of the PCB layout designers to create an OSHPark one, or if there's a particular design you are using available in a smaller size, have someone expand the width - that I think is usually easy for them. Of course it would take time to order/get any OSHPark designs.

OSHPark charges by size of course, so the 46 mm drivers cost about $15 for 3 (3 min), and if you were to order a very simple 30 mm board, it would cost the same as a complex 30 mm board.

You may know all this already, but just in case you or others don't...

A 30mm sheet of aluminum or copper will suffice, it’ll be ground and you can drill a hole under the contact to run positive through for the driver. Attach a wire from ground on the driver to the plate and you’ve created what you were after. :wink:

(you’d have to insulate the spring, of course.)

Alternately, buy a sheet of G-10 they sell for knife scales, a hole saw can get you close to your 30mm then file it or sand it or grind it or whatever to get the exact size. Then ground the driver inside the pill with a screw. :wink: A brass post can be glued to the G-10 with epoxy, wire lead soldered to the brass post running through the arbor hole to the driver for power. Cheap, relatively easy, and doable immediately. Or the arbor hole can be threaded and a brass bolt screwed in, whatever.

A plastic flashlight lens would even work. Lexan, polycarbonate, virtually anything flat and probably preferably non metallic for the positive attachment. Might be neat to have a clear window showing the FET driver inside. :wink:

Did anyone’s l6 come with adapters for 18650?

Nada! Need some, I have a box full of them!!

I thought it may be helpful to be able to use 18650, I have plenty of those cells, and some basen 26650 on the way.
How much are the adapters?

Just pay the post? How many you want, I got 15 of them.

Wow that’s awesome, either 2 or 4 would be great. That way if I end up with a second 26650 light I will be all set.

Could the 5A in the L6 be the 80+ CRI version? In mtnelectronics and intl-outdoors, all of their XHP70 5A say 80+ CRI

I thought the same thing, so I ordered 5a tint

Would 18650 be alright to put in this light? Or should I really just invest in Another set of 26650?

A set of high discharge INR 18650 with 2500mAh/ battery will last for about 20-25 minutes in turbo in this light.

You got it bro, send me your addy, I’ll get them off Tuesday or Wednesday, along with the other stuff, like a modded Convoy L5 MT-G2 that’s been sitting on the Curio for a week and a half!!! I’ll send ya (6) so you have a couple spare’s too!!

I’m merely repeating this prior line of inquiry - I believe it to be a VERY IMPORTANT question. It’s importance extends way beyond the L6 to all Convoy products.

I am unable to purchase any goods from AlieExpress/Simon: They do not have an escrow agent in my State. So I have to rely on the quality/content of Convoy lights being sold through Banggood and GearBest to be as good as/the same as those sold on AlieExpress.

Sooooooooooooo, J-Dub74, please do follow-up with Simon to get an answer for this important question!