Acebeam K70 & K50 V3

Just Ordered mine, can’t wait to get it!!! :sunglasses:

Found these beamshots while on TLF, if the K50 V3 has the same reflector as the K70 this light spanks a lot of well known throwers, here is a gif I made from beamshots found on TLF

Full credit goes to TLF member mkr who uploaded the pics on his thread here

http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2016031816SzWDDQhIeABmxEx9kVoZjp&file=output_nzjZoJ.gif

Edit can’t seem to get the Gif to work, just click on the link

Here you go:

Thanks for your help Sirius9, unfortunately I still see a broken link in your pic from my side, maybe it’s a problem with my PC… :-/

Hmm, works OK on my side! Maybe your browser is pulling data from cash!
Anyway, one of those days I will gather my courage and shave the dome (never did this before) on my K60 to increase throw :cowboy_hat_face:

It doesn’t work.It doesn’t show up.
But,in case I went to reply,then I did see it. :-/

!http://i.imgur.com/8W3aND7.gif !

Popped it up on imgur real quick, think that got it working. :slight_smile:

Thanks unknown00101! I can see the pic now! :beer:

Why is it that you can see parts of the house, on the left part of the screen better when looking through the light beam. Check it out, kinda weird. How does that work?

You can’t see it better. :slight_smile:

The beam reflected from fog makes everything look brighter, even the dark areas like windows.

Some more videos are starting to come out about this light! Waiting anxiously to get mine in the mail! :sunglasses:

This one is in English

This one is in German

This new k70 is really kicking some arse! I really liked the English video where the guy was on the receiving end of the beam! That’s the first time I seen a beam shot in this view. Very nice and surprised there was still so much light so far away.

I really wish the fenix tk61 would come out with a revised version of a xhp35 hi.
I like a sideswitch over a dial.
Plus I would think the tk61 would throw further because of the slightly larger head.

Here is Vinh Nguyen (V54) take on it.

I find it interesting that he states that the XH-P led now sits on a heatsink that is an integral part of the massive head, which will definitely help dissipate the heat of the led more efficiently, the reflector is 4 mm bigger than the K50 V3 and apparently they come almost at max output current direct from the factory, so no mods needed. I might just add copper wire to all the springs as an improvement…

Here are the videos:

This guy is having way too much fun with his K70, can’t wait to get mine. Lighting stuff on fire like the Mag85 a few years back? Nice!

It is smooth alright.

I have one and it is very slippery to hold.

I wrapped my light with “rescue tape” to get a better hold on it.

It worked but now that light looks like crap with the tape on it.

The K50 range is notorious for being slippery.

The K70 has a lot better feel according to Selfbuilt.

I just got my K70, So far I like it a lot! :sunglasses: it puts my modded Thrunite TN31 with XM-L2 U4 1C with bypassed resistors and thicker wires to shame, the hot spot is just so intense! BTW the hot spot size of the K70 is about 30% smaller than that of the TN31. Looking at the hot spot on a wall in turbo is enough to make you see spots afterwards!

Build quality is superb! no dirt, film or foreign particles on the reflector’s surface, threads are very well made, I love the new selector ring it is so much easier to change modes with one hand! the battery carriers and bodies are interchangeable with the K60 and the reflector looks to be the same size and shape.

The crenelated crown is now a matte titanium grayish color compared to the shinny steel bezel of the K60, my only complaint was that moonlight and the next level up flickered or didn’t turn on but that only happened 2 times, I opened up the battery carrier and there was some gunk under some of the posts I cleaned with alcohol, then De-oxit and Pro-gold all the contacts and made sure that the center post was screwed in tight, I reassembled the battery carrier and now seems to be fine (Hope so!) all modes work normally and haven’t been able to replicate the flickering anymore. I am powering mine using Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA’s

If you are looking for a thrower, get this light!!!

Will post some pictures tonight! :sunglasses:

Great to hear that. Mine on the way:)

…because of this temptation,my wallet cries… :slight_smile: (I ordered it today).

I think this light qualifies as a “buy once, cry once” kind of light… By the time this light is obsolete, you will have gotten your money’s worth….

Seriously nice light….

Hmm…… 4S battery carrier , what are the good protected batteries? Not like the K70V3 needs High drain batteries, correct?

What’s the real differences between the 50 and 70 other than design?

The K70 is gathering my attention… Not that I need another expensive flashlight, or maybe I do?