*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

What will be the maximum battery current draw on the highest setting?
(For all 4 or for a single 18650)

I guess it won’t be high.
So I could use old Panasonics with 3400mAhs…

Is there already a rough guess when the lantern will be ready to ship?
(The month)

This thing for sure will be something special in my collection :slight_smile:

When HKJ tested them, the 35E measured very slightly more capacity, and the 18650GA measured slightly higher voltage under load.

But they’re so close that I’d call it splitting hairs, especially for an easy load like the LT1.

Since you said this, it made me curious. So, I just went and looked at his comparator with those two cells. I set the graph to show a 2A line and 3A line. I’d say that what you described above is dead on. The GA showed a tiny bit higher voltage, and the 35E showed a tiny bit more capacity. At those current levels, it is my opinion that splitting hairs would be an easier job than trying to choose a “winner” from those two cells. I don’t think I’ve ever seen cells from two different manufacturers “match” so closely!

I would like to be added to the list to be able to buy one of these. Do I just leave this here, or do I somehow add myself to the list?

Kboater

You’re in :+1:

2.5A total maximum. 7 0.35A linear driver chips, you can configure the light for less, likely it will come configured for less and you would need to configure it for the 7 drivers. Four of most any battery would work. One of most any battery would work, but for not as long.

my personal rough guess is September. That’s based on my guess that

DBSAR will get the final production sample in the next 2-3 weeks
he will test it for a week, and not find anything requiring a change for this model
and in 2-3 weeks Sofirn will have final units produced for sale.

But that is only my personal, not terribly educated, guess. I hope I’m wrong and its sooner, but its likely more of a best case scenario.

One more please, for a total of 3.

Will it be easy to configure for dummies like me & others :smiley:
Will it be button pushing or will it need tools & knowledge ?

Assuming you are asking about configuring the number of AMC7135 driver chips, you need a soldering iron.

This post shows a picture of the driver board.

IN the picture all the drivers are enabled, so the pads next to the numbers 3-7 for both AMC NW and AMC WW are filled with solder. I don’t know how many of those will come filled with solder from the factory, but likely the numbers 3 and 4 for both AMC CW and AMC WW. Adding or removing solder will add or remove the number of drivers connected. It not necessary to do them in numerical order, as they are all in parallel.

Bottom line, you need a soldering iron or some other way to remove or add an electrical connection to small pads.

Should be plausible for me then :+1: but I don’t know about the others :smiley:

good news! :beer:

Once its ready for production, I will try to do some instructional videos on the LT1 and its special version of Andruil software to help explain the operation of it.

You’re scareing me by saying anduril lol , but we’ll see hopefully it will be good :+1:

Believe me, its not bad or hard to learn once you understand the basics of the switch control. It is pretty much the best firmware/software i ever tested & used in a lantern or a flashlight, credits to the amazing talented Toykeeper for developing the software. :+1:

One more for me please! That makes two with my first at 1717 :slight_smile: got a patio and I’m using the lack of lights as an excuse for more lights!

Interested!! thx

Just checking now that we’re getting close…I only have access on mobile and this thread is ginormous and hard to navigate.

I only see my name once in the interest list…can you verify that I am down for 2, please?

1. on the list based on post #370

I don’t see a 2nd one based on post #836?

Thank you!

You are on the list twice. #174, and #263.

Ctl-f is your friend. I see your name twice in the OP, 174 and 263 on the interest list. Guess most phones don’t have a ctl key, so I can see why it would be hard. Rest assured, you have 2 entries.

I use Brave Browser on my Android phone and tablet. It has a “Find on page” option in the drop down menu. Very handy.