Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

Can we get one with the normal rubber switch? After buying one and trying it out, I do not like the metal switch at all.

Regarding the switch, will the ring magnet from Simon’s site fit the S2? It mentions that it will fit the S2 (and a variety of others) but not the S2 specifically.

Here’s the link

What’s the chance of other models getting the same desert tan treatment, on demand? The C8 and M2 would look flippin’ sexy in this ano :heart_eyes: And I’d love to get a non-+ S2 in it, too.

Damn…I knew I should have waited some more days :person_facepalming:
Guess I’ll gonna give some work to Simon again :smiley:
Thanks for the heads up on this J-Dub!
The tan version will be my first good flashlight in non-black colour, and I guess I wont regret !! :sunglasses:

The magnet ring fits the S2+ flashlights with rubber switch (I have them on mine), but I don’t know if they fit this tan version with the metal switch.
I posted above a similar question about it fitting on the tan version (Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now! - #881 by MascaratumB).

Has anyone tried? Thanks!!

I’d say there’s a chance at other models being offered in desert tan. :innocent:

But what do I know…

… my day is made.

Finally! I have been waiting for this :+1:

Give me a reason to buy a 4th M1…. Basically every convoy light would look great in this color.

BD series? revamped C8? remodeled L2? New product? What is this :smiley: ?

I wondered that as well, it looks like a revamped C8, but maybe it’s something new altogether.

I’ll actually do a thread for that one later today if I can. It’s a prototype of what we’re calling the Convoy C9. Classic C8 performance (same internals) just with an updated look that should also provide a bit better thermal capacity. This is not in the L series line. The 18650 L series is coming too but all these things take time. I’ll get more into the details on this one as soon as I have time to make a new thread. I like the new color a lot too so I asked Simon if he could do this prototype in desert tan and as you can see…he did. :slight_smile:

I have a C10 from back when there was a kind-of failed project to do a “BLF C10” thrower. It’s a lot like a C8. I opened it once to make some changes though, and haven’t been able to get the focus quite right again.

If Simon is making an upgraded C8, it might be worth doing a threaded reflector like in the BLF X6v2. That method makes it soooo much easier to focus! It’s automatically centered every time, the vertical alignment is relatively easy to adjust, and tightening the bezel doesn’t wreck the hotspot.

Does what you call “internals” also include diameter and length of the battery tube being the same as the C8’s? Because if it’s the same difference between the S2 (comfortably fits everything) and the S2+ (battery length concerns, the reason why I never wanted one after I learned of it), I’m not a fan. [shrug] Just my 2cc.

If not and all is good in the hood, I applaud the new model and want one for myself someday! lol

The X6 is not exactly aligned in x and y, it is hit or miss with no proper way to correct it. You sort of get away with it when the die is large enough (XM-L and XP-L) but it is just not exact and your beam always shows some assymmetry.

I like the centerpiece method better for its preciseness, but the board-centerpiece-reflector combination must be well designed together to avoid the usual trouble.

I was just about to answer this here but then realized I need to start the new thread so as not to completely derail this one. :person_facepalming:
I’m too short on time to get it done tonight but I will do my best to get the new thread started tomorrow before I have to leave town for family matters that may leave me post-free for the weekend. As far as I know most of the issues you are describing have been addressed but if not I certainly want to know as does Simon.

This is awesome, I hope Simon will sell short version of S2 too.

Btw, I feel that the tan color is somehow goldish, like the color of baked host.

The magnet ring DOES fit the S2+ with metal clicky switch.
I have one installed on my blue S2+.
It leaves about 1,5mm of clearance between the switch and the internal diameter of the magnet ring.

Guys, when i want to switch on/off “mode memory” function during the second buzz - i need to short press or full release?
And one more question, in description noted:
7135*3 output current 1050mA
7135*4 output current 1400mA
7135*6 output current 2100mA
7135*8 output current 2800mA

What is the max lumens for each output?
Thanks in advance !!!

1/ A short tap is enough.
2/ It depends on the emitter you chose… max would be about 900 lumens at 2800mA (it will get hot though)

A conservative yet powerful setup is 2100mA. It will get hot but not burning hot, yet you’ll see about 600 to 700 lumens and keep a good autonomy on High mode