Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Tom, Have you run the SKYRC from you computer or just from the built in UI?

Just built-in UI. Actually I got 2 of them, but the first one has 2 slots down. I got a replacement part on order to fix them.

I found it pretty simple to use, once you get used to it. Weird thing after charging, a pong game screen saver type thing kicks in - PITA because it beeps every time it hits the ball... How the firmware guy got away with that, I haven't a clue...

It’s been said that a .6C charge rate is best for the cell. So whatever the capacity, times .6, is maximum. Example: A 5000mAh 26650 should have a max theoretical of 5000 x .6 = 3000 or 3A. While a 3000mAh 18650 would be 3000 x .6 = 1800 or 1.8A, so 2A is pushing this cell a bit and may reduce charging life. (number of times it can take a full charge, or a percentage of the rated 500) The smaller the cell, it would seem, the more critical this is.

My chargers that do 2A don’t seem to terminate as well as at the 1A rate, even on the 26650’s. So I usually stay with 1A.

I have 3 * 8 bay chargers, 1 * 6 bay charger, 2 * 4 bay chargers, 2 * 2 bay chargers 3 singles and a 3.3watt 3 panel solar panel with a pair of Cottonpickers multi output USB chargers (the Solar panel is also from Cottonpickers), one of which is the Octo that has 8 charging rates for the smallest of cells. Depends on what I’m doing, what cells I’m charging, and how accurate a charge I need as to which charger I grab. Typically it’s an XTar, the 4 bay or 2 bay Rocket.

Edit: Pong? Really? Dang! I remember being undefeated in Pong when it was the only game in town… :wink:

I think you misunderstood the discussion. Myself and Tx Ace were both discussing charging rates. Not discharge. Discharge rates are in the 8, 10, 12 amps and up range. There is plenty of data on that. We were talking about 1, 1.5 and 2 amp ranges.

I have not seen any charts on charge rates for certain cells. If the 30q cells can handle 2 amps no problem then I will get those. It they cant, I will choose a different cell. But like I said, I haven’t seen any charts on charging rates for cells.

The datasheet stated max Charge for Samsung 30Q is 4A and LG HG2 is also 4A
Samsung 18650 30Q
LG HG2 18650

The only cheaper way to charge 18650/26650 at more than 3A is to use hobby chargers and build your own battery holders.

In my experience at 4A the Samsung 30Q got quite hot, so i just use 2A for normal charge and 3A/4A when i need it fast.

I bought qty 4 of these dirt cheap: https://www.aliexpress.com 1-4-Screw-Tripod-Quick-Release. Had to grind them down to fit the Q8, but worked out pretty well:

Actually of the 4, 2 had one style of washer, 2 has another style. I also sanded down the washer a little. I only left 2 full threads, but they fit nice and tight now:

They seem like steel but not the best finished steel. After grinding them down, filed down the rough edges. With these attachments, the light feels nice in your hand, and makes it as easy as could be to find the button.

Thanks, I was considering buying a new charger that can do 1.5 amps, but it looks like I can use my dual rocket Sv2 chargers at 2 amps. I was already eyeing the 30q. Those pink wrappers sure do have eye appeal. Lol

I plan to use my hobby charger if the need to charge 8 cells at once every arises… or to charge 4 cells fast.

Might as well stock up on tripod connectors and mounts. I really want to get one of them truss clamps like I seen someone talking about a few months ago as another mounting solution. I plan to use the Q8 for a host of things.

Standard charge rate is 1.5 amps on both though. On the 30Q, life cycle specs is based on standard charge rates.

I understood that Texas Ace was talking about charge rates. You are correct, I misunderstood what you where asking when you asked about the 5 most recommended cells for the Q8. My apologizes.

Looks like DB provided the answer. ( capacity x 0.6 )

Thanks!

:smiley:

Looking at those specs it seems the standard discharge rate is 3 amps and we are going to be pushing them to 5 amps in the Q8. So we are already “abusing” them and shortening their life. Why not charge them a little quicker at 2 amps? Seems okay to me.

My chargers allow 0.25, 0.5, 1 and 2 amps. 1 amp is pretty darn slow. I was considering spending more money on a charger that can do 4 x 1.5 amps, but I think I’m okay with 2 amps.

I have 3 chargers,one Xtar VC4,one Liitokala Li500 with a extra Cablerite charger, and one Thrunite MCC-4S but all of them have 1A max current.
Which reliable chargers have over 1A capabilities?

There’s quite a few. The Xtar Sv2 rocket does 2 x 2 amp and I got them on sale for $18 each.

The Opus BT-C3100.

I don’t have my list with me at the moment, but I’m sure others will speak up.

Welcome to BLF!

Ha interesting, been thinking about writing a blog about the Q8, GT and FW3A. The fact that BLF is designing almost all aspects, including firmware should be interesting for lots of tweakers. Thijsco19 is also active there.

Hahaha not that tied up :smiley:

well the Pink wrapper on 30Q do get my wife’s approval :smiley: the LG HG2 in contrast are brown hahah….

40 updates, there’s me getting my hopes up we are finally about to start seeing these things…

I’ve been charging my 18650s at 1.5A. Seems to be working well

Yes progress is being made on all things needed
The text and pictures for Banggood listing is send and M4DM4X and Barry do this with Swi/Marunce.
The mass PM sending is tested by Mr.Scott and SB, going live for the GT first but also the method for the Q8 pm.
Text mass pm done.
Assembly of first batch, we hope to be able to show more pics of new steps soon of course.

Got PM... It's done...

Thanks very much