Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Thank you both for the replies .

Ha ha, sorry, it took me 30 minutes to write my last post. Now I see you don’t really need a comparison. Too late. :slight_smile:

I reposted xCentrino’s Q8 picture from a couple pages back. Did you see it? He posted a slide show. I had to go back and flip through the pics myself because I didn’t realize it was slideshow.

Here is the post. Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light - #13786 by xCentrino

All his pics are a bit dark, so it’s not very representative of what you see in real life.

I know for a fact bella-headlight ordered two on the 7th & received two on the 21st. He is in Cardiff.
He’ll be back on here in a while most likely if you have any more specefic questions.
I do not think his tracking was very accurate…. Seems it still said packages were still waiting to ‘FLY AWAY’ when they were delivered. :wink:

The argument is valid, but to me it seems that the hotspots of both lights are pretty well formed at 3 meter, I see no clear difference with 7 meter.

Me :slight_smile:
Ordered 2 & paid on the 7th & they both arrived on the 21st, 14 days from ordering till arriving :+1:
Is your tracking number just digits no letters ?
If so have you tried entering it in the DPD (HK) site ?
That is where I was able to get some tracking info, although there was no info from the time it reached Hong Kong airport, on the 11th, until it arrived on my doorstep.
I couldn”t get any tracking info from BG site or 17track.

Received my first Q8 today.
Didn’t ordered my 2 units the same day, the second one will be send when the next batch will be ready.

Can’t be seen on the picture but the green LED on the left is dimmer than the one on the right. It’s a nice feature for complete darkness…if the LED on the left is the brightest, then I will know that i’m not holding the Q8 pointed in the right direction.

The battery plate is not centered and could have been larger in diameter but all 4 screws are OK. No problem to unscrew and to screw them back.

Threads need to be cleaned.

Driver’s screws are OK. Again no problem to unscrew or to screw them back.

M2.5 screw holes threaded by the M3 screws.

And resulting driver plate’s dust by this forced threading. Didn’t unscrew the reflector.

Soldering work looks good.

Thanks a lot to everyone involved in making the Q8. Keep up the great work ! :+1:

Hahaha Tally-ho “pointing the wrong way” :smiley:

Yeah tracking is very unreliable.
We are 18 days in, less then three weeks, no reason for concern

For whoever asked a few pages ago, sorry I don’t have a picture with the diffuser. On another note, I was pleased how accurate the 3-click voltage readout appears to be. After a weekend of use all 4 cells were still above 4.0V, verified by a voltmeter.

Oh & I had shipping confirmation on the 9th also.
As The Miller says it is only just over a fortnight since your shipping confirmation of the 9th so no cause for concern.

That’s good to hear. For comparison I have a x4 emitter SRK clone which would look horrible at that short a distance (looks like 4 torches side by side), but in rear-world use is great. Likewise a C8 that has a hole in the hotspot at short range, but is correctly focussed at useful distances. “It all depends” I suppose. The good news is that the C8 seems to be focussed very well, no need to mess about shaving emitter spacing rings etc.

The picture you were referring to is the Klarus XT11s. This picture same tree/distance is the Q8. The pictures were labeled in the album/slide show.

Again, I was trying to distract from all the nonsense useless posts and admit I don’t have the best camera to do the Q8 justice.

Oh wow. At first I didn’t notice it was a slide show. Then I didn’t notice the little description down on the left. My bad. I though they were all Q8 pics.

I just deleted that earlier post so as not to cause any more confusion.

I didn’t want to post a bunch of full size pictures, so went with the slide show/album. If you clicked on it, it would go to imgur and show bigger pictures.

Huh. My two Q8s have the green switch LEDs on the left brighter than the ones on the right.

Good point about knowing which way the light is pointed before turning it on.

Are you looking from behind or in front of the light hank?

My 2 that have a dimmer light on the left are being looked at from the rear (tail cap end).

When the lights are tailstanding, lens up, “BLF * Q8” in the correct orientation, my switch LEDs are brighter on the left — on the “BLF” side of the engraving on the front of the light.

Ok, thanks hank. That is opposite of my two.

May I ask where you buy XHP70.2 4000K 80CRI? The tint looks great!

Hi all, for those of you who’s lights have been shipped and haven’t been showing any information, my light was delivered in the US on the 21st. (might be here soon! :smiley: ) Only now, tracking information shows up because banggood left out the first two numbers from the tracking number. lol. The first numbers were ‘92’ if that helps anyone.