Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Dang, I missed the pictures……… :cry:
“sub2000”……… you talking about “KT’s”??? If so I have one in a 9 and to be quite frank I am astounded at it’s accuracy…. :open_mouth:

Been looking hard at one of the 5.56’s too. :slight_smile:

Hi all,
New to BLForum, great work! Please add me to the list for one when it is next revised.

Thanks

A couple nice pictures a friend took of prototype #1. I lent him the light for a few days to test, and play around with. He does photography, as a hobby/business part-time.

I think we have another ramping fan - loves it, and he has always been a classic 3 mode guy. He likes the dbl click to max, but doesn't like strobe being in there. Guess if you are not sure if you are on max, and then dbl click to be sure it's on mac, you will get strobe if max is already set. Not sure if there's much I could do bout that at this stage. You can of course completely disable strobe in the configuration, but then it seems like permanently gone.

Every now and then I take the little Astrolux S03 with the 14500 keep power and while not something I actually use, seeing such beam from so small a light keeps being sweet!

Nice pics Tom!
Thank him.
That reflector looks great in them.
You know it is going to be asked, so what pouch is that?

Sure will do and welcome to BLF!

I agree, the strobe is my only real complaint with narsil, I wish it was disabled by default. Strobe is utterly worthless in the real world, it is nothing more then a toy. As such I wish it was put away in some dark corner like a toy should be until I want to go get it.

Besides that I love narsil in all my lights (I think I have like 7 SRK’s with it, a D01 and I think something else).

*** Not Included with the BLF Q8. Buy at your own risk. This is not an endorsement ***

All good! The pouch is labeled "Pouch Smoke Grenade". It was a little pricey, but really nice, fit's SRK's bout perfectly. The double clip pouch's work well too, but this one is made better than the double clip ones I got.

This one looks the same: ebay.com/itm/Smoke-Grenade-Pouch-Eagle-Industries-Khaki, but no guarantees. Believe I bought it on eBay couple years ago.

This one is an exact match for my label: ebay.com/itm/Eagle-Allied-Industries-MLCS-White-Smoke-Grenade-Pouch, though mine is dated 03/11 and bought in new condition.

Looks like a good deal, might order it: ebay.com/itm/London-Bridge-LBT-9011A-MOLLE-Single-Smoke-Grenade-Pouch

This is mine, that I bought -- Not Included with the BLF Q8:

Older pics of my collection:

I just ordered this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/272385613415

#'s match mine, just hope the pocket is as big. The photo of the pocket opening seems to be a little smaller - I'll see.

*** Not Included with the BLF Q8. Buy at your own risk. This is not an endorsement ***

I’m glad someone asked about the pouch rather than having folks think that it was part of the Q8 package. Just a suggestion… if one posts something re: the Q8 that is ala carte, maybe write that to prevent bad feelings? Lots of folks don’t read every post. BTW, some who don’t read every post might still think the pouch is part of what they receive. Try to put yourselves in the place of folks who don’t wait on every word but might tune in midway and then wait on the Q8 and pouch to be delivered. Too much text info is far better than silence. But preceding the pic’ would be far better because in the age of unsocial media lots of people just read the first few words and their comprehension doesn’t extend much beyond that.

I like toys…

Not a big fan of tactical strobes though. Party strobes are much more fun.

With 8K of ROM to work with, I’d probably fill it up with weird modes like lightning storm mode, adjustable-speed party strobe mode, fireplace flicker mode, living-alien-ship’s-luminous-heartbeat mode, can’t-make-up-my-mind mode, wake-me-up-in-8-hours mode, sounds-cool-when-aimed-at-black-fabric mode, dice roll mode, and a faulty wiring simulator.

Ouch.

If you need me, I’ll be out here on my cold, dark space rock

:+1:

… and with 5000+ lumens, it would be pretty convincing.

Reason #38 why Tom is doing this project instead of me.

After some pages of this thread i have to admit i did FF 5 pages at a time, but a few times i hit something interesting relating to pages i skipped so i had to backtrack a little.

Regarding the Q8 i have to admit i feel a little like a flashing mode are wasted on such a large light, but i do like flashing mode on smaller lights, not least when they are as easy to get to as om my P36 where i just have to press the mode toggle wheel to flash.

Something i often use against the many cars here that cant figure out how to use the light on their car, most prominent the people using their fog lights day and night ( no fog ) and alongside the regular low beam of the car which is illegal here and damn annoying.
Not that my flashing have gotten anyone to stop, but it do make me feel good for a little while.

Pouches have also gotten my interest, i will have to figure out something in this regard, at least for the lights i EDC, and i will do that with a P36 or U 21 sized light no problem, though i would also like a smaller 1 X 18650 or 26650 flashlight.

But in lieu of me not carrying a sidearm, then i can carry a larger flashlight on the hip instead.

interested in lightning storm mode with 15,000 lumens. :smiley: Call me. :wink:

I think I need some good legalese to go with any posted pics

I sure ain't mak'n no lightning - Narsil is 92.8% full of 8K, leaving 582 bytes free right now.

Might have to take a poll - who wants blinkies disabled/enabled by default? It's very easy to do, one way or the other.

Can you point to where the UI is described fully, or relist that info here? So we know what and how it works. I’ve lost track / forgotten…

I’m happy as long as it still has battcheck.

Then again, if I’m not happy, I’ll reflash it. So perhaps I’ll skip that poll. :slight_smile:

Right at the top of post #2 you'll find a link to all the source code and manual. Here's just the latest manual in docx or PDF format:

Google Doc - BLF Q8 Narsil v1.3a docx

Google Doc - BLF Q8 Narsil v1.3a PDF

Thank you

Blinkies, disabled by default

To be fair, it’s not like you have to go through the blinkies during regular use. They’re already pretty out-of-the-way, for the most part. About the only thing I’d change is making double-tap-from-turbo go back to the memorized level instead of going to strobe, so there would be a consistent action to enter and exit turbo.

I appreciate having something like a momentary-turbo feature accessible from the normal running mode. As is, it’s easy to get there but getting back involves turning the light off for a second before turning it back on.

Put the Lightening Storm in it instead, would be a cool Halloween effect!! :smiling_imp: