Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Welcome back from the dark side Teacher. I hope you didn’t accrue too many digital lashings. I’m not a huge fan of anonymous shaming for minor disagreements. Maybe next time you will have a brand new q8 to light your way back!

Please add me to the list for one Q8. Thanks…

Thanks Joey… I apreciate that :+1:

But I’m still wandering out here in ‘Dark Territory’…. the votes just keep rolling in.
22 of 10 now & if things go true to recent form…. I’ll rack up another 2 - 4 for this post. :slight_smile: … At this point though…. oh well. Might as well laugh. :smiley:

I’ll need more than a Q8 to light my way home. I have been trying to figure out how to get in touch with RMM at Mountain Electronics to see if he could get me one of his light bars delivered out here in Dark Territory…… we shall see though. :slight_smile:

When you coming down to Weiss again? Be sure to let me know & let’s get together if you have time & I am in town. You still have my number don’t you?

Yeah… it would seem the definition of “minor disagreements” varies greatly from person to person. :slight_smile:
Either that, or some like to be the ones that dish it out… but have a different viewpoint when it gets dished back to them. :wink:

But hey…. that is just a personal thought/opinion from someone who is wandering around in Dark Territory at the moment. :smiley:

And hopefully…. none of what I have said here will be construed as anything negative……. because it is not.
It is positively positive & just what it is……….

Take care Joey……. :slight_smile:

I still think there is value in asking TF to explain how it’s testing the LEDboards. It would be a huge shame to lose the gains made with everything else by having a light which dies a young death due to a lack of adequate concern over just one component :frowning:

Always better to know than to guess :wink: And it’s just one email if all is well which it should be :smiley:

Sorry to be off-topic in this automotive/coding thread but I couldn’t find a better place to post :person_facepalming:

Phil

Oh dang Mr.Scott pmmed me the list of top posters in this thread, now that is a bit of a shock for me, more posts in one thread then most BLFers have in total, combined with my “welcome to BLF” posts outside this thread sure qualifies me as one whose post count has little to do with technical enrichment of BLF.
It is good there is no such thing as automatic ranking based on posts (that can be found on other forums) for I know of so many who post so much more enriching things then me :wink:

And here we go again, welcome to BLF! Will update list later :wink:

Master of the Saw, it is asked, when we receive a reply it will be posted ASAP :wink:

We got a reply on the springs
Thorfire wants to use double springs with the bigger of the two the size of proto 2.
And a longer smaller spring so it engages sooner.
Seems like a good solution to me

Seems like a good solution!

This will decrease resistance and it will be able to handle higher currents, so it will be easier to run it on less then 4 cells!
The best way to minimize ‘sag’

Problem 1 solved!

Now only wait for the updated MCPCB, and it’s ready to go!

Yes! Thorfire comes through on the springs! :crown:

Now awaiting news of the improved MCPCB. But, unlike some others, I’m not the least bit worried about Thorfire sorting it out properly. They have shown themselves to be very conscientious and plenty competent thus far. :student:

Yes springs are good then.
Check

The to be used Narsil is available in Toms Google share
Check

Both MRsDNF and DEL made a shorter Narsil Manual they are placed on our team share so it needs a check for proper brightness levels and merge with Q8 1 page manual for printing and addition to box
Almost check

Awaiting news on ledboard

Will draft the mass PM and talk with M4DM4X to fibalse it in time

Really close now

Ain’t that the truth……… :cry:
But hopefully, TF will come through in the clutch & knock it out of the park with a winner… as has been stated they will. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:You do have a way with words Phil. :+1:

I don’t think I have access to the team share, but when the extra files are ready could someone get me a copy for the repository?

After thinking about a post that was recently made above, in all good consciousness I must post this.

If my innocent question asked back Here in any way contributed to any ‘Off Topic Code discussion’…… my apologies.

It would pain me to be considered, heaven forbid; the low down scoundrel that was responsible for starting “Off Topic Code” discussion here in the Q8 Thread. :person_facepalming: …
I have enough on my plate now as it is…………. :open_mouth:

So in the interest of keeping happy campers here on the Q8 InfoThread…… I have created THIS Thread, hidden away in a proper place.
I think that is all for now.
Thank you for reading, and
have a nice day.

A long inner spring might be good if it can engage when used with unprotected cells. If it doesnt, then it’s only use is to make it hard to screw back together when used with protected cells.

Can everyone please underline your text when you’re talking about off-topic subjects? Thank you.

The code is very easy to do. You just put a plus sign at the beginning and end of your sentence or paragraph.

Ha ha, maybe we should underline Q8 talk as that is the minority?

Just to confirm, 30Q’s will be long enough to use with this spring configuration, right? I plan bypasses eventually, but I mean until then.

Barry wrote:

In the name of solidarity here on the Q8 Info Thread, I will be most happy to try & remember to do this simple act you have requested my BLF Brother!

Should I ever dare to post anything else “Off Topic” in this thread again that is. :wink:

I wish we could do colored text. Does anyone know if thats possible?

It can be done in Advanced Post Editor.

But as far as I am concerned it is a PITA. :) (especially using a phone)

BUT, if that is the route that need be taken... I will surely comply. ;)

I can’t tell if you guys are being serious or not, but if you are the underlined off-topic thing doesn’t work, in my opinion. Underlined text attracts more attention, it basically says “this is important”. Which is the exact opposite of what you want with off-topic material. So instead can someone figure out how to make it 6pt text in a light gray color please. :slight_smile:

??? Beats me if he is serious or not. :smiley: …. In the name of solidarity however, I’m game if he is. :+1:

Not much else to do out here in Dark Territory, at the moment anyway. :wink: