【New】The Coolest Flashlight For 2016 – Lumintop Prince Flashlight (Carbon Fiber)

Has anyone seen a price yet? Wondering….

What about titanium carbo-nitride (black) or titanium nitride (gold) for the clips on the copper and brass lights?

Not bad!

Where did you find that out? Which version?

I like the look and the bling… but i agree the clip is out of place except on the SS one.
At that price point i expect NW, high CRI, moon mode, no PWM…

In fact i’d prefer a AA or AAA edition.

I want one of each.

you would not believe who won a copper prince…… I want to find out if I can put a warm high cri type emitter in it!! maybe even change driver so it has moonlight mode, Oh boy!!

How much are these selling for?

I seem to remember they said something like $79.95. But the GB was something like $65, and if they get over 150, $55? Something like that. I didn’t want it that bad, so I deleted the message.

Hi,

Tried someone you undress the flashlight?
I’m thinking of buying this flashlight. Is it possible to exchange driver for example. Nanjg?

It seems somebody try to DIY this flashlight So are you going to change your own driver or ?

My Copper Prince arrived today.

Turned it on and was sorta surprised that it wasn’t cold blue. I took it apart to find an XP-L emitter on an Aluminum MCPCB. Everything I can find states XM-L2. Fortunate to get it for $32 shipped I can’t really complain about it.

It now has an XP-L V6 3C on a real copper Noctigon MCPCB soldered directly to the pill. And a Q-lite spring on the driver to allow use of flat top batteries.

Here is the original emitter and board

Why did I get an XP-L emitter when all Specs I have read indicate XM-L2?

I got an XM-L2…from the official Amazon Lumintop store.
I can’t understand how you get an XP-L, knowing that they are not cheaper and require a different MCPCB !

The XP spacer under reflector is thin and I like the spot it gives. Better tint now though and so I kept it XPL on a Noctigon.

Got it from GB a few weeks back with a code at a real good price.

I’d really like to see some pictures of your sample…
Knowing that GB did sell some fake Convoys once, and that Lumintop official specs say XM-L2, which is confirmed by my sample (reliable source), it could be interesting to know more.
BTW, do you have some internal pics ?

EDIT : Sorry, here are the official Amazon specs that list an XP-L emitter. I think the model has been updated. My bad

I have the one without a spring on the positive side, apparently it only works with button tops. My question is, I tried it with a protected NCRB Button Top and the light turns on while I screw the head down (if switch is on), but only until about 3/4 of the way. If I further tighten, light won’t work.

I tried it again with an unprotected flattop+magnet and it works find when tightened all the way. Any clue why this happens?

Gotta go with Brass….
But price might be objectionable.

After I got it I went to the Lumintop web, Amazon and Ali to see if it was listed as XM or XP. Must be getting updated specs now. That is the first I have read XP in any details. I didn’t doubt it being original at all. Too many things from the box, accessories, holster were all correct. Detail in the engraved logos are all quality.

I swapped my brass button on the driver for one of these springs
Gold Plated Spring - qlite/105C
Fits the hole in the plastic spacer ring perfectly. Stout little spring too. It allows the use of Flat tops.

The driver is not soldered to pill at all. Not really a tight press fit either. I have not taken the switch end apart yet, but make sure the retaining ring is tight. Also, mine acted goofy after putting it back together. No modes, just high. I had tyhe spacer in the correct way under the retaining righ for the driver but the spacer may not have been 100% centered. Not really sure. Took it apart again and paid close attention to getting spacer centered and firmly tightened the retaining ring on driver. Worked fine this time. If I had to guess you are loosing ground on the driver when pressure gets higher as you tighten it up.

For some stupid reason I thought it was a much smaller light.

I would love that in stainless. A coupon code would be great.

Helpful post, thank you!

My brass unit… perfectly centered XP-L.

Note: flat tops, stock sanyo GA and even some short length button top cells did not work. I will solder a brass button on the positive contact to make it work with flat tops.

Note #2: interesting thing about the prince, since the battery tube is made of copper the heat transfer from head to tail is surprisingly effective, however, the CF piece in the body acts as an insulator and after a couple minutes in high both head and tail piece are much hotter than the body. Never thought a thin sleeve would insulate the heat like this.