Eagle Eye X6 host review

Eagle eye X6 Review

Hey guys today I am reviewing the eagle eye X6. I am doing this out of my accord. I bought these lights from Eagle-eye on Ali-express they where super cheap coming in at 32 AUD for two hosts. These are my first actual eagle-eye X6s I do have a BLFX6 that is based of this light.

!

!

Why did I buy this light? Easiest answer ever! I really like the way it looks. It is a super cool looking light. Its very round and has no block type edges. The cooling fins make it look awesome and give it a well build look. Its a very pleasing light to look at! Of course every ones taste is different but that is what attracted me to this light.

!

!

The other factor that makes these lights stand out is when you buy you get probably the most complete package in a light from the factory.

The light comes with the following parts.

• Flashlight body with integrated head
  • AR coated glass
  • Alloy reflector
  • All O-rings needed Total of 4
  • XPL-HI centering ring
  • Clip
  • Tail cap button and switch
  • Driver retaining ring and tail cap retaining ring
  • Screw to help keep MCPB in place

!

!

The build quality of this light goes above and beyond what is required at a much higher price! little lone at this price! Building these lights makes it fun every thing fits so good and the light is so well made that its just to easy.

All the treads are cut so well that they match perfect the head and body goes together easy. The way the threads are cut. retaining rings might as well jump into the light and tighten them selves its that easy!

The body of the eagle-eye X6 cam with out any blemishes I mean perfect until I dropped it. I can some times have butter fingers. The knurling is all perfect and matches with out a flaw the body fits together perfect nothing looks out of place. When buying this light you get a real premium feel to it. The body of this light is amazing they done a super job of building and designing this light.
The body has the best cooling capabilities of light this size by far. All thought much smaller then a C8 I have the same set up in both light using a CREE XPG-3 and a BLF A6 driver. They both have the same amps at around 7.5 amps at the tail cap. Leaving both these lights on turbo yields a similar results both lights are warm but no where near hot in some cases the Eagle-eye X6 feels cooler then C8.
I believe it is because every thing in the X6 is closer together than the C8. They seem to heat up in different areas. In weight wise the Eagle-eye X6 feels heavy like it has more mass to it seeing as it smaller then a C8. For a better comparison I will use the BLF D80 even thought not running at as much power the D80 heats up a lot more then the X6.
I have a BLF D80 that I put an XPL-HI in even though the reflector on the D80 is bigger then the reflector on the X6 the X6 with the XPL-HI seems to have a tighter hot spot. Height wise the D80 is just a tad shorter.

!

!

Lets look at the size of the X6.

• Length is 13.5cm
  • Head Diameter is 4cm
  • body diameter is 2.3cm
  • MCPB size is 20mm (2cm)
  • Driver is 17mm (1.7mm)
  • Switch size is 17mm (1.7cm)
  • Glass is 3.5cm
  • Reflector Diameter is 3cm and the length is 2.5cm

!

!

The glass that is supplied is AR coated that is right! You get AR coated glass at this price! I wasn’t expecting that I don’t think it says AR coated glass on there Ali-express store. The glass that was supplied came perfect with out any imperfection.

!

!

The supplied reflector came great with out any issues no scratches or chips I like the design how it is narrow at the bottom it allows your solder joints to be a bit thicker which can help if you abuse a light.

The anodizing is great all perfect no marks or scratches it appears to be type 3 hard anodizing because of the color the type 2 anodizing is usually glossy this is very matte not shiny at all. Compared to the C8 it looks darker and not as shiny.

!

!

The best part is the O-rings. Now don’t laugh but a lot of lights I buy come with O-rings that are to small or to thin Eagle-eye done the right thing here and supplied super beefy O-rings. The O-rings that sits at the top of the light is very pronounced and is kind of orange/ red in color which gives the light a different look. All these O-rings are good quality and fit really well with the light I like tightening a light and being able to feel the O-rings make contact you then know it will do a good job of keeping out water and dirt.

!

!

The X6 comes with a clip. I think on lights like this you are pushing it by using a clip because it is on the heavier side. The clip is well made and has good contact with the light. It is super firm and doesn’t have much play so if you are wearing a thick belt it may be hard to make it fit. I usually wear shorts no matter the weather so me no comprende belt! Looking at the material of the clip it appears to be stainless steel of some sort. Using a magnet it likes to stick to it. So it is not bare alloy Unless I have that wrong?

!

!

I will also add I like the design of the retaining rings they are very well made they seem super heavy compared to other retaining rings also they are bigger and thicker then other retaining rings. I think that is what makes this light such a pleasure to build and the threads are normal not reverse 360 tony hawk style.

!

!

Now I have kissed enough arse in this review to make it to the top! Tasty right? Image one day a future employer of mine reads one of reviews hahaha I already hate you boss!

XPG3 left and XPL-HI right side.

!

!

Any complaints? Yes some times when I cook chicken burger the breast can be a bit dry. Ha titties!
The battery tube of the X6 could be a smidgen longer. Ha that is what all guys want right? Some protected cells seem a bit long. But having double springs helps with this issue. Who needs protection any ways? A wise man once told me when in doubt flop it out! If your thinking about any thing else besides lights please go and wash your potty mouth out!

Both XPG3s Convoy C8 left and X6 right i think the C8 will throw a bit further.

!

!

!

!

!

!

Beam shots are ready!!! Prepare this thread will now be much longer!!! Just going to throw it out there even though these are not 4000 lumen these are still super bright way to bright for my yard!

Looking at the hot spot is pointless so look at the grass and you can see the tints

X6 XPLHI 3000k tint

!

!

X6 XPG3 not sure of the tint it looks around 5000k

!

!

Left X6 XPLHI and Right side is the other X6 with a XPG3

!

!

Left XPLHI X^ and Right is the BLF D80 with a XPLHI

!

!

Left is the X6 XPG3 and Right is the Convoy C8 with a XPG3

!

!

Left C8 XPG3 and Right side X6 XPG3 it may be hard to see but the C8 throws further i think the XPG3 and C8 make a great combo.

!

!
Thanks for reading my trash!

Regards Chris

Now I want an Eagle Eye X6 and a chicken burger!
Looking forward to more beam shots.

Bl--dy good trash mate!!

Btw, AFAIK the X6 is Dale's favourite host for modding/building.

Best Regards,

George

So do you think the xpg3 fits well on the x6? I’ve been torn between what to get next. I have a x6 with a dedomed xpg2 and I love it. The xpg3 works well with the x6 smo I was worried might not make the best beam in one. But seeing the wall shot has me rethinking it. I now want a c8 with one now as well. 7+amps is some great numbers talk about draining a battery love it. What you get about 25-30 mins on turbo?

I can’t help with the light, but I can help with the chicken burger.

Hey guys thanks for the comments! Added pics the lights are to bright i will have to play with settings.

I like the XPG3 it does have some colour differential on the outside of the rings but you cant notice outside when in use. I think its a good combo of power and throw. Much brighter then a XPG2 and throws as far as a stock XPG2.

Yea any one that wants burgers let me know. I will cook you up some!

is possible still to buy anywhere the host of this flashlight??thank you.just the body and switch

Hey mate this is there store but they appear to be out of stock. Message them to ask. They will get more stock at some point this is there most popular light.

https://m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?sellerAdminSeq=201122659

Nice!

Fasttech has a working X6 for less than $18 with the BLF discount code

EE sell there XML2 version for $16.30 but its already made for some reason they have no hosts.