Thorfire vg-10 modded "pocket rocket" edc

Yea try a with a few different cells. Measure the tail cap current.

I bought the hg2’s in Finland, and I know they’re real, seems weird though.

The more current into an led the less returns you get after a certain point. So running the xml2 at 4.5amp or 5.5 isn’t huge difference only a few hundred lumen max.
But if you have lights that are at like 4amps and ones at 5+ with the same emitter ls side by side you may notice.
Right now for max output of a single die LED the XPL is king. The XPG3 does well also.
The XPG3 in my C8 does 8amps it must be around 1800 lumens.

holy kangaroo! That’s alot of lumens from a c8. How about an xhp50 on a c8, no throw? I guess smaller dies are better for throw.

Yea that would be good the C8 handles heat well. You can buy OP reflectors for the C8 if you want more flood. I will find you dales modded X6 article.

This may give you a few ideas the Eagle Eye X6 is a really good host. I done a review on the host X6.

Dales builds

I bought the c8 op reflector, might give it a shot.

Here’s a beamshot comparison of a VG10 that I modded with a XP-L HI and a C8 with a dedomed XP-G2 S4 2B…both have fets. The pole is 121 meters away.

VG10 w/XP-L HI

C8 w/Dedomed XP-G2 S4 2B

The only issue may be driver size the C8 fits a 17mm driver so it depends on what driver you buy.

thanks, got the x6 host on the way haha. Got 3 hosts coming in soon.
Some xhp50’s and ld-3, aswell as fx6 drivers.

Nice! Both lights have great throw and a nice beam for sure.

ld-3 17mm drivers for c8 and possibly s2+, and the fx6 22mm for the x6.

You have some nice components on the way! Keep us updated.

Yes sir! Will do!

You will have to make the driver fit by shaving out the sides of the X6.

well I might use the 17mm ld-3 then! The ld-3 is 18 euros though. Does the x6 have adequate cooling? For an xhp50 or 70? the reason I might choose the xhp50 though is because of smaller footprint and half lower price than xhp70.

Cooling may be okay but it wont be great. The X6 does have good cooling but its a fairly small light.

You will have to fit the emitter inside the reflector also.

hm some extra copper plate maybe ?

I saw Dale made a triple xhp70 x6, wow just insane 13k lumens. All of his x6’s must get toasty quickly though.

I think it should do fine stock depending on the amps. You will probably run out of battery before it gets to hot lol.

The cooling on the X6 is as good as the C8