[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Yeah, the team pulled together but it has caused a lot more confuion in the thread without the ability to edit the OP with the latest details. Most questions could be answered with an updated OP using the latest details.

I think he’s in South East Asia (sea). Maybe DHL has customs problems?

Then again, he might just be joking around.

Didn’t the Miller do a down payment? Maybe Neal has his phone number or a phone number from his Paypal account.

I checked the facebookpage of Millers wife and she posted some photo’s of him celebrating Sinterklaas, a Dutch children’s feast which celebrates the name day of Saint Nicholas on 5 December. He looks ok, so I guess we will hear from him soon.

I guess I could have been more clear about that. I have never attempted an emitter switch, but the GT sounds like it was designed to be easily modified.

I just did the same.
And he just replied to my earlier email.
He had been ill, but he’ll be back here soon.

As for the payments, i’m waiting on funds, i will pay tomorrow.
So don’t take me off the list !! :wink:

Thank you TA… I hope he is safe also.

I congratulate you & others for picking up where things were left off & carrying on…… even though there were obsticals to overcome.
Great job to all!! :+1: :beer:

Sounds like a good idea too about a “Team User Account” for GB’s…… that would have saved much trouble for you all in this instance I can surely imagine……

great
are good news

Same old Wimmer. :wink: I haven’t heard from you in a while. I was driving through Kentucky a few weeks ago and I almost looked you up.

Thanks for the update on The Miller guys. :+1:

Let us know how it works out. I think the xhp70.2 would be a great light.

That was probably already asked, but where can I buy mcpcb for XHP 70.2 that fit GT?
Mike

Good news Jerommel, thanks for letting us know. Hope he feels better

Yes, you have to be clear because people jump to wrong conclusions very fast. They will be asking to buy it with the xhp70 option. Lol

Swapping the emitter out is easy, you just unsolder 2 wires and unscrew the mcpcb. Swap it, put the screws back in and then solder the 2 wires back on.

You’d need a 12v version of the xhp70.2 on a large diameter DTP copper mcpcb. Probably a Maxtoch.

Maybe a new centering ring will be needed or maybe the stock one can be enlarged?

Then to up the output from the driver from 2.5 amp to 5 amp you need to remove the driver and solder in a new resistor. That should be good for about 6,000 lumen.

I’m sure we will get more details from Texas_Ace soon. Maybe there will be a new thread for GT mods.

The Maxtoch store on Aliexpress. I think this is the one. I’m guessing there is no difference in the star design for 6v and 12 volt and it’s all inside the led. Nope, this is the 6 volt version.

MAXTOCH Copper MCPCB Cree XHP70 MK-R2 MKR 32mm x 1.6mm Direct Thermal Path Copper Board

http://s.aliexpress.com/n22aYRJ3

It’s actually a difference in the MCPCB, the emitter is the same regardless. There is a separation in the way the electrical pads are on the MCPCB which allows a 2S2P for 12V. So if you want 12V, you have to have a 12V set-up MCPCB.

Mountain Electronics also carries it, but it says 6 volt.

That’s what I was thinking, but wasn’t sure. Thanks.

So I think both of my links are the 6 volt version. Someone mentioned that the MaxToch store had the 12v version, but it was not advertised.

Below is the 12 volt version. Actually it can do both 12v or 6v.

Here’s the xhp70 bottom.

Showed the review video to a family member who is now enamored and wants one, sooo…

Please add my name for a second light.

You could cut the traces and ‘jumper-wire’ the 2 halves in series.