[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Batteries when shipping with falshlight can be shipped as built in but must be isolated to prevent contact. So no problem with DHL due to weigh but with two package option I am not sure?

What are you going with, ond or two package deal?

DHL (neighbour) :sunglasses: , as long as Lumintop is willing to declare smaller value of package It’s fine with me…

Anyone know what post the case made for camera lenses was in, did a search for “case” within the thread and came up with 20 pages.

Add me to the list please!

What an incredible light

southland, the GT’s head is 135mm wide, not likely you’re going to find a camera lens case to fit it. Lenses that size have hard-cases like a suitcase or briefcase.

On that note, I’ve seen smallish aluminum cases at Harbor Freight that one could fit with a foam insert and cut it out to fit the GT. Just saying…

Add me to the list please!

What an incredible light

Me too! Add me to the list, please :slight_smile:

Dale, don’t think this is the one but somebody linked a camera lens case that I think was big enough to fit. This one is a little small.

Sorry for asking.
This was probably answered before.

When will this FL be produced and when shipping will start?
I need it badly :smiley: :wink:

Thank you

Kind regards

2 packages, and not DHL! In the Netherlands you pay at least $ 40 extra

Welcome to BLF 3 new members

Will update list later

It is the same old waiting game, when there is news it will be posted ASAP.

The shipping is talked about in great depth and detail. Just read all via search, if it is too much, all the more reason not to add posts so it will become harder for others who do search within thread :wink:

Ah pagebreak, nice because MARK!
Edit, list updated!

Hello,

Found out about this beast via another flashlight forum. Please add me to the list. I don’t mind the wait. Wallet at the ready.

And there’s a ton of conflicting information about the best cells to run in this beast. I’m assuming because there aren’t many in hands at the moment. Any recommendations on best “happy medium” cells for it? Runtime/Output best.

Thanks,

I will make liberal use of the search function in the interim and report my findings here via post edit if/when I find the info I’m looking for.

Welcome to BLF!
Will update list later

It is all a trade off
High drain cells give longest regulation
High mAh cells give longest runtimes
As long as matched and married button tops are used it will work safely.

AngryFish, “Best” is speculative and a matter of perception to each individual user. We all have unique ways of using a light, different perceptions as to what makes for the Best cell. Hence, the many different answers.

For me, with 140 flashlights and nearly 300 cells in hand, I like the Samsung 30Q as a best all around performer. This is based on discharge ability, capacity, and cost. Since I was able to find these in button top configuration for $5.00 each, they were the best for this application for me. Also, I consider the larger picture… when these cells quit charging and discharging at the same rate and no longer meet my needs for this light I will disperse them to doing duty in single cell lights where they perform admirably. Thus, in the big picture, the Samsung 30Q has, for me, the most possible application throughout their expected life span.

I also recently found button top LG HE-4’s for less than $4 apiece. This is a very viable alternative, having a bit less capacity but still a very capable cell.

With parameters such as discharge ability, capacity, button top or flat top, price, life expectancy…. there are a lot of variables to consider and we will all have slightly different needs as well as likes/dislikes. Pick your poison, as the old saying goes…. :wink:

Edit: Since the GT will be utilizing an 12V XHP-35 emitter, drain will not be of significance so almost any cell that fits the carrier will work. In other lights, such as the Q8, where demand on current will be high, it’s a different story. With only a 2.5A drain, the GT can really use anything from the highest capacity protected cell to the cheapest laptop pulls you can dig out of a battery pack. A Sanyo UR18650FJ will suffice, at around a dollar a cell. Again though, how will you be using the light? To play with? Or to search for missing persons after a storm? If the latter, then a quality high capacity cell would be almost mandatory. Weigh your expected use with your targeted price range and go from there…

[quote=DB Custom]

I also recently found button top LG HE-4’s for less than $4 apiece. This is a very viable alternative, having a bit less capacity but still a very capable cell.

Please, where did you find them for that price?

Please note poor performing cells will not maintain regulation running at 2.5A, they not not even achieve regulation, while very good performing cells like the 30Q's will maintain regulation for a significant part of their charge life.

The XHP35 HI at 2.5A draws over 13V, so if you can't get over 13V out of the cells taking into account resistance loss's, than the LED falls out of regulation, and output drops as the cells deplete. It's only a buck driver, not boost.

Therefore I do hope for low resistance springs in the carriers (is that the plan?), which is the single most effective measure against voltage loss. 2.5A is not much so voltage losses can be kept low with such simple measures.

Please add me to list for two!