Is this too good to be true? S2+ for $8.99

Everything is fine, led is Cree xml-2, driver works fine as any other 3/5 mode driver. I swapped my driver cuz I was to lazy to add more 7135 regulators on it.

Now it’s $11.09 when I add to cart.

But the driver will have to be able to rotate along with it, without getting in trouble with the LED wires.
I would prefer a thin enough ring over a notched one for that reason.
I ‘dremeled’ one out not long ago, does the job fine without getting in the way of the 7135s (nanjg 105)

Exactly right. So you need to twist the wires in reverse direction; then they will untwist as you turn the threaded ring and driver to tighten the driver down.

Yes, you can remove all the ‘overhang’ rather than just notch that part, leaving the threaded part unchanged.

You can buy it now from gearbest for $8.99

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_44144.html

coupon =S2DEAL

Limited pieces so hurry up :)

$9.99 for the next 8 days
Got another for $7.50 after points :slight_smile:

Link ?

Thanks !

Sorry, the thread’s OP was for a deal at GearBest, so I didn’t bother with the link.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_44144.html?currency=NZD&vip=760081&gclid=COm2kIaZiNICFYlbfgodCqgDSQ

Anyone has feedback on these? Still genuine Convoys with XM-L2?

I’ve ordered one 2,5 week ago, (and ordered a DTP with nichia 219c to make my first build/swap) still waiting…
The 30Q’s i ordered at the same time from GB were delivered after 10 days! That’s the fastest delivery from China i have ever had!

It seems like the majority of the posts in this thread banter about whether it’s a real Convoy with a real XM-L2. I don’t really get why. I’m only aware of one time there has been an issue with fake Convoys and that was the red S2+ a year or more ago. Nothing since. I feel like this thread would be full of “mine’s fake!” if that were the case. I ordered one when this thread was originally created and it was indeed completely legit.

This isn’t directed at any person in particular, or meant to be rude. Just throwing out my 2¢

Price at the link now is $12.39

Where do you buy batteries for this flashlight??

I thought it was a typical aa?? but looks like it needs that special 3.8v battery?

This one takes lithium ion batteries commonly called “18650”. 18650 refers to the size of the battery, 18mm in diameter, 65mm in length. The “0” at the end supposedly refers to the shape of the cell (round).

Take a look at the rechargeable battery section here if you haven’t used these before. There are some special considerations when using powerful cells like these.

SMM

Battery Safety 101 thread

okay so I got some**_ batteries_**… but I don’t think I got a instruction manual with my flashlight?

ahh how do you turn it off… often times I have to just unscrew it…???

Push the button until it clicks for on/off. Half press to change modes. The site where you purchased it should have more information but go ahead and ask here if there’s something you don’t understand or need help with.

yah it doesn’t turn off that’s the problem… less I unscrew the casing… :frowning:

I’ve tried for that half press mode but haven’t found it yet… I think it currently cycles through 4 brightness settings but yah “doesn’t turn off”

This is a different spin. The problems with tail cap switch is NOT turning on because of loose retaining ring, the one usually with two dimples. Still check the retaining ring. Or disassemble and inspect the tail cap by unscrewing the retainer ring.

Look for something short-circuiting from the bottom of the battery to the shell of the flashlight, without the electricity going through the switch.

A battery with its sides exposed through a tear in the shrinkwrap can make that electrical connection, for example.

Same as if you took the tailcap off and bridged from the battery to the shell of the flashlight with a paperclip.

Or a fragment of metal scrap inside the switch area could do it. You may need to replace the switch.

Do you have a way to test the switch?