What have you got on order and why :)

I don't think I received my shipment notification until a day or two after you did. I think I received my email on the 28th or 29th. So I'm hoping to get the light in hand some time during or soon after the first week of January.

I wonder why the delay? I was a little disappointed to see it shipped from HK when I'd read about Tmart shipping a lot of stuff from NY. Oh well, at least there's the anticipation.

Solarforce L2

MF 3 mode T6 XM-L

O-rings

Boots

Charger

2 x 18650 Protected TrustFire Flames

2 x 14500 Protected TrustFire Flames

TomTop Sipik clone

I had received an email on 12-14-11 informing me the item was out of stock in NY and HK. Someone actually emailed me asking if I'd like a refund. I told them I'd like to wait for the item to come back in stock, which I think it did about 2 weeks later, because that's when I received a notification that the item was shipped from HK.

Yes, there is the anticipation of testing what I hope to be a nice light. Hopefully it was designed well, and not rushed in terms of finishing and assembly.

I have a Jetbeam BC40 coming from DD. Couldn't pass up the price. I also have a black Shadow TC6 coming from Hank at International Outdoor Store. It's kind of like the Jetbeam BC40 but supposedly fancier and better built and thicker tubes.

Here's why I bought it from Hank. Here's what he said about the Shadow TC6.

The Shadow TC6 MKII

The modes are really nice spaced. 100%, 50% and 5%. So you have 800lumens 400 lumens and 50 lumens. The output is regulated.
A bit more versatility than the Jetbeam BC40 in this case.
The construction of the light is really good, double o-rings on each battery tube end, brass insertions for better conductivity, square threads.
It has quite some aluminum mass. Knurling is nice, gives you a good grip.
Nice warning function when the batteries are low, it will go to strobe mode to let you know it's time to change the batteries.

And you can choose, between a grey anodizing and a matte black anodizing. Lot's of included accessories and a nice box.
We have GITD o-rings that match this light and also an AR coated lens that matches this light, sold in our store.

That pretty well sold me. And I like dealing with Hank. He answers all my emails promptly and seems to stand behind what he sales. I highly recommend him.

Here's a link to Shadow TC6.

In my honest opinion going on the pictures, you won't find a much nicer light with these features and built like a tank for this price.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/new-version-shadow-tc6-flashlight-pics-heavy-p-278.html

International Outdoor Store sells some nice looking lights. Based on what I see listed on their website, their products appear to be fairly priced, and are probably well worth the extra cost to gain additional features, higher quality, and less headaches down the road.

I'm glad they don't offer a 1x26650 version of their enhanced JM05 (or a version that offers 1x and 2x 26650 option), because then I would be $60 poorer...

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/shadow-jm05-t6-2x26650-850lm-flashlight-p-301.html

The $60 cited above is my estimate of what a version of this light would cost if it included a 1x26650 body tube. I like the new version's smooth reflector, and the mode spacing (100% - 50% and 5%), but I don't like being limited to 2x26650 only...

I know the JM07 looks nice, but the enhanced version of http://www.intl-outdoor.com/shadow-jm05-t6-26650-800-lumens-fashlight-p-212.html looks nicer, except for 2x26650 only...

Yea I looked at those.

I kind of want to get one of these. But it's a little steep.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/crelant-7g6-xml-t6-600-lm3-mode-flashlight-p-242.html

Nice. Looks like a C8. But I bet the extra money would provide better quality.

Nice reflector, but the 650 lumen rating makes me wonder what it's driven at. You think 2.4A or so? I'm noticing this company seems to not over drive their lights, which is nice from the standpoint of reduced heat generation, and probably for them reduced liability from not having knuckleheads order their lights and not exercise caution/prudence.

Right now I'm exploring the new 1x26650 lights coming onto the market...

Yea I would say it's around that. And I agree that is a nice quality light. And Hank stands behind every one of them.

I have on order a SWM T40CS, Xtar WP6II, 2-Hi-Max 18650, Olight M3X, Yezl H50 HID, Trustfire X8, Ultrafire G-4MCU, EagleTac M3C4-XM-L, Ultrafire M3-T60, Hugsby P2, and a Romisen RC-T601. Has any one else ordered from DD around 12/14 I still have not got my M3X. Is this normal?

Klarus P1A on the way.

Why? Needed 1xAA sized light, XP-G to replace my ITP SA1 I had to sold to my friend. FW clikie with twistie to change between (2) modes, no disco stuff, reversible clip, HAIII, excellent build quality. And... the price of course :bigsmile: Bought it for less than $23 from DD after coupons and so on.

What I still need: small, EDC size 1xAA light or 1xAAA. 3 lights comes to mind: ITP A2/Olight I2, ITP A3/Olight I3 or... Lumintop Worm :P And I think it will be Lumintop (yup, being an ITP lover :bigsmile: ). Why? 2 modes - no need for lowlow mode in such a small light, and no PWM - current regulated driver with perfect flat line regulation. Comes with XP-E R2, which I prefer over XP-G in a AAA lights.

What? "5W bright LED torch" (as if...!) from ebay. It has been mentioned here before as a good donor for an AA extension tube.

Why? Looks nice and comes dirt cheap. $3.86 including intl. shipping! If the lathe work proves to be OK, it'll most probably become a host for a madmax-plus driver (so I can use LSD NiMH) and an XM-L T6. If all else fails, said driver and LED will go into my SolarForce T4.

I just ordered a Klarus P1A...I gave away my Fenix LD10, so I hope its comparable and a nice EDC. Price was right too. It takes regular AA batteries so thats a plus for me since I have a few spare eneloops around all the time.

My new year resolution was to see how long I could go without buying a flashlight. Joined the DRY group buy today. lol

I just bought a Fenix TK35 from Shane. Couldn't pass up the price. This will be my first Fenix. I just like the beam on the TK35. And I have been wanting a Fenix for awhile now. I hear they are awesome.

DRY xml from the group- mostly for underground photography. looks like the best bet to get photons downrange with enough flood.

12 Hi-max 18650- looks like the best batts for the money right now and a safe buy unlike the wildly varying TF cells. I hadnt heard anything about them till I saw them on BLF

Ultrafire H3- best backup headlamp at any price for 18650

2 X XTAR - WP6 chargers to speed up charging all my cells for weekends and charge batts in the truck while camping.

Keygos KE-5. Don't need it for anything in particular. It just seems a lot of light for the money. Also 2x Hi-Max protected 18650s

Any new news on when yours might show up? I just checked tracking on mine and it showed it departing the usps sorting facility in Bethpage NY sometime yesterday. I'm hoping to see it in the mail box in about an hour when the mail runs or tomorrow.

I just ordered a Klarus P2A...Pounder said he really liked it. So thats a good recommendation. Plus the price was right...

I ordered from DinoDirect so it will probably arrive in June... or July.

And why not?