Blue converted Nichia 219C

The "easiest" LED I've ever dedomed. Just pry the lens and almost the whole phosphor removed. No heat, no gasoline, no wait time, no gold wires, etc.... Happened accidentally when the optics damaged the lens. I almost throw it but then decided to clean it and the result was unexpected. The blue lights looks like a 390nm UV and glows almost all UV reactive material though with plenty of visible purple.

Note the beautiful Aluminum Nitride substrate

Does some strange things to your eyes that colour. I often thought having that colour strobing would be better than any white light to stop an attacker.

Yep, the effect is much more dizzier than those police blue strobe lights.

Note: Pictures added

Wicked cool. Is this considered UV light that will do damage to the naked eye?

I don’t know scientifically. But one thing for sure, this blue/purple light definitely strain my eyes. Though not as severe as the cheap fly trap lights. Very useful to find small LED dropped on my workshop floor. Just turn off the light and light it up, your LED will glow.

Be careful then bud!

I’ve got a 219B like that…

…and a new Philips Luxeon too, which decided to dedome itself, no, de-everything itself in a brand new Olight i3E PoS …i mean EOS… :stuck_out_tongue:
Has a crazy miniscule footprint and it’s LED on driver PCB, so wish me luck replacing it with a 219C (a non blue one…)

Hahaha…“De-everything” I like it :laughing: :laughing:
FYI, to De-everything this Nichia is as easy as tooth brushing with gasoline. No need to worry about wires, etc…
Another useful feat. of a flip chip

My triple X6 nichia just did this. Will this light hurt the eyes? Anyone know?

my Blue XHP 70 Monster after failed dedome
Ther bond wires are not helpful when trying to get the phosphor off

compared to 1100 Lumen NW flashlight

i giotta get some of these NICHIAs for regular use, and a couple just for “blue”, lol…