FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

I think the problem is people photograph these when they are just activated and the “dim” glow hours later is only visible with night adjusted eyes, at best, so it’s a bit misleading. Unless maybe someone is sneaking into your houses and shining UV light everywhere while you sleep… o_O

okay my copper version arrived today. First impressions its heavy (duh) and feels well made. Switch compared to my group buy light feels easier to press and is alot quiet, not that it matters really i found the switch on my normal fw3a pretty good. But its nice to have now also a copper version, i really like the extra weigth too it. Really a gorgeous looking light here some quick pics…

Mortuus, What tint option did you choose for the aluminum & copper flashlight?

Source [Mon, 04/23/2018 - 23:03]: FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public - #2973 by ToyKeeper

I know that the answer to this won’t probably change, so I may ask forgiveness for my insistence on it…but:
how possible would it be for Lumintop to make an 18350 tube to the FW3A?!
We now know that the parts in the tail “come apart”. The project is “finished” (let’s call it this way) and the main lines are designed already defined!
How “hard” (meaning: re-design the tube and eventually “cut the clip”; production costs; selling revenue, etc) would it be to make a short tube for this light?! With or without pocket clip…I wouldn’t care much for a clip, but I’d appreciate something for a shot lanyard…

I’m just asking, please don’t crucify me! :innocent:
This unique light would be SO nice in a smaller pack that I cannot stop thinking about it!!… :heart_eyes:
:beer:

Seems XP-L Hi 7A on the Alu and SST-20 4000K on the Copper?

It depends a lot on the color you buy.

As far as the ’store bought’ Glow Gaskets, I have both the Aqua & the Sky Blue.

The ‘Sky Blue’ is not visible after 30 minutes. It is a pretty color, but very disappointing to me as far as glow time.

The Aqua does glow much longer than the Sky Blue at almost 2 hours. But “mine” does not even come close to the 6 to 7 hours mentioned above & somewhere by Tom E. Maybe mine is from a bad batch… I don’t know.

Tom E posted he also had a ‘Lava’ color. He said the color was great but the glow time was terrible.

Again… I am only speaking of the “store bought” Glow Gaskets.

ymmv
….
UPDATE:
I retested my two Glow Gaskets, this time making sure my eyes were night adjusted in utter & complete darkness.

The Sky Blue did “glow” for right at 2 hours.

The Aqua did “glow” for just over 8 hours.

By “glow” I mean barely faintly discernible.

To me, about 1 hour for the Sky Blue & 4 hours for the Aqua; the glow was useful & meaningful.

But the Aqua did “glow” for just over 8 hours.

ymmv

Don’t get me wrong. It is not bright by any stretch of the imagination after 6 hours, but I can still locate it 4’ away in a dark room. Good enough for me. I bought it off Neal’s site.

Any updates on when the polished Ti with copper head will be available? :stuck_out_tongue:

I got my green gasket from Neal and it glows for hours also.

And i can also confirm that my green and aqua glow for 15-20min max. And i mean in absolut dark, barely visible. So i can say they are not turbo but regular. I have 2 others from JCCustoms and they glow for few hours for sure.

Bad batch or someone messed up while packaging
UPDATE: doesn’t bother me much, just wanted to share my experience. Carry on…

Just to add my experience, my aqua gasket from Neal is still visible with adjusted night vision in the morning; probably 5-7 hours.

sst20 4000k version.

UPDATE:
I retested my two Glow Gaskets, this time making sure my eyes were night adjusted in utter & complete darkness.

The Sky Blue did “glow” for right at 2 hours.

The Aqua did “glow” for just over 8 hours.

By “glow” I mean barely faintly discernible.

To me, about 1 hour for the Sky Blue & 4 hours for the Aqua; the glow was useful & meaningful.

But the Aqua did “glow” for just over 8 hours.

ymmv

Are you saying both of the lights in the picture are SST-20 4000K??

oh my bad, the copper is sst20, the left is xpl warm white.

Maybe the colored anodized first, particularly the purple one to cheer Toykeeper up, in case she would need it.
I would prefer a brass FW3A but would certainly buy the purple one.

Yes, it’s time for some color. I would take a purple—with that cool button from many posts ago!

I’m glad “yours” matched “mine” on your retest.

I asked Neal last week and he said next month for the purple.

Did you guys buy your glow gaskets from CRX or from Neal?
Curious if there’s a performance difference between the two sources.