ENEDED

They should send you a replacement if it your unit was delivered in such condition.

When did you get your unit? I don't think you are from my group buy right?

How to determine which version of the flashlight was sent to me, from the first parts or updated? Does anyone know?

@Damir: is the switch under the cover in good condition and does the light work properly?

Yes, got the code from you on the deal over at cpf.

I ordered it Oct 14 and got it on the 20th.

I just got a my nichia 219c out of the mailbox.Looks great not a mark on it.Here are pics of the new driver and mcpcb. Alot different that’s for sure.Igot 10701 lumens with 10100@30s. on fresh vtc6.I’m going to check again after while to be sure i got it right.

Got my Q8 ordered Sept. 7th and the Astrolux ordered Oct 9th, yesterday, Oct. 20th. Played with the Astrolux on Sammy Q30s, turbo is insane stock. Haven’t opened the Q8, will do tonight. The Astrolux was in perfect cosmetic and functional condition, just beautiful, everything works as described. Thanks Miller and freeme for the work, especially Miller, keep the faith, Bro., you did good! Oh, mine is the Cree version.

So the second batch might be a little brighter?

After having to tell them for the THIRD time that the batteries are good, and that it’s not a connection issue…and, explaining what the actual problem is, here’s the latest response from Banggood CS:

:person_facepalming:

After all this time, I don’t understand why they haven’t been in contact with the MF-01 team. You’d think they’d already been apprised of the situation, and would be ready to resolve it.

I can’t leave nothing alone i changed the led wires from 24 awg to 20 awg and output jumped to 11290 lumens 10450 @30s

Is this an updated driver? With the updated version?

To anyone wondering about the new and old versions, these pics are clearly the new version. See the 2 wires going to the leds instead of 6 wires? These new ones are not wired in 3 groups of 6 anymore.

This MF-01 Nichia 219C, which recently came to me, which ordered 09.10.2017.

Who is the MF01 team? Astrolux?
Blf had nothing to do with it other than make a couple suggestions.

It looks like the new version uses both a new driver and new mcpcb and they work together. Did they specify which driver they would send?

You don’t want the old style with 6 wires as it might break again. You want the new 2 wire one, but it may or may not work with the old mcpcb. The aftermarket 2 wire drivers work with the old 6 wire mcpcb, so maybe it’s just a matter of rewiring it.

Can you solder wires?

Is this change a good thing?

Sure would like to see comparative measurements.

Oh, I’m sorry. I was referring to Astrolux. Supposedly, the project manager has reviewed mine and other’s complaints. I just assumed that there would have communication back to CS, instead of them still giving me the run-around.

Freeme had stated that the solution would be for BG to send a complete head.

No, ’fraid I’m a bit rusty with soldering.

Well, the first version certainly had a few problems, so this new version should be better. You definetly won’t be getting a variation in led brightness at the lowest level any more. I see 4 coils instead of 3, so assuming they are the same size as the old ones, that’s a 33% increase. So it looks beefier.

Jigheadworm reports the Nichia version as being about 2,000 lumen brighter. So that seems better as well.

We really need a driver expert to compare the old and new version drivers.

Okay, it always seems BG CS (all customer service it seems) wants to do the least possible until you complain a lot. This is how they make more profits. They want people to give up.

So I guess, keep at it. Tell them you don’t know how to solder electronics so you can’t use just a driver, you need a replacement head and that the Astrolux people have reviewed your case. Tell CS to talk to the mf01 project manager.

Yeah, I had already asked them to talk to the project manager, to no avail. Here’s my response to the last email: ‘A new light head would be acceptable. As the driver is attached to the circuit board, within the light head. I do not have the required skills, nor the necessary tools, to remove the malfunctioning driver and affix a new one.’

Guess you’re right. I’ll keep at it. After all, I didn’t pay $70 for a paperweight.