REVIEW IMALENT DX80 COMPLETE.

Mine has been working fine for the year or so I’ve had it, but I’m not a heavy user. Still wows everyone I show it to, then I kick it into turbo! :smiley:

KuoH

By reading all the comments, this light definitely has an abnormal failure rate, but mine still works fine (fingers crossed). Got it 3 months ago and no issue thus far. I only used it for ~ 10h total though so maybe the problems will come later, but for now, it works like it should and the output is quite impressive.

I really want one of these, especially since Banggood.com is offering them at $200 for the next couple of days. But now, after reading these forum postings, I’m fairly nervous about the possibility of losing $200 if it doesn’t work properly. For now I’ll continue to use my Astrolux MF01 and just pretend that it is lighting up the area as well as the Imalent DX80 would. It’s not that I need all of that light, I just want all of that light.

Maybe wait for the Astrolux MF03. It should be around 30,000 lumen with better reliability. It is dual switch. 8 xhp70.2 for flood and a single xhp35-HI for throw. It might be a couple months though. I’m in no rush.

Now I am jealous you have the Astrolux MF-01 I have been on the hunt for one for awhile, I am trying to not order from Banggood from all the horror stories of CS

What is CS? I ordered from them all the time. So do a lot of people.

Do you mean customer service like if you have some kind of problem with your order? They are the typical customer service you get from any store in China. Let’s say you get a defective light. At first they may try to ignore you, then they may try to give you a small amount of your money back to appease you. You just have to be persistent and eventually they will send a replacement. It’s the same basic tactic you get with Gearbest and AliExpress. Once you understand their pattern, there’s nothing to be concerned about.

This is not to be confused with warranty related issues from Imalent.

Yea sorry shouldn’t have been lazy and just typed it, Pretty much what you stated is what I have read on here and Reddit. I know quite a few people were saying they have to send quite a few e-mails to get any kind of response. I haven’t ordered anything through Gearbest or Aliexpress either, just worry about the horrible support. Refusing to order from these companies kills my flashlight game lol…….Anyways sorry yet again I am cluttering this thread

Got my DX80 for $217 a few months ago. It probably has a couple hours of use total, no issues so far. I believe the current $200 sale is the lowest it has ever been.

It was actually $179 many months ago when they were trying to unload them.

I have been following along on the MF03 forum. That looks like it could be a good light to have. It all depends on the execution. I’ll just have to wait and see what come of the MF03. So far I have been quite pleased with the Astrolux lights.

Yes, they seem to be pretty good quality. I did not like their UI of having one click on and press and hold to turn off. I think they recently updated this on their MF04S to one click on/off and press and hold to cycle through the levels. This is a nice improvement. I hope they continue with this.

Oh, and they recently released the Astrolux S43 which actually uses the NarsilM ramping software. Texas_Ace did this. :+1:

I would try buy it from amazon instead, must be easier to return it in case something goes wrong, because this light from just reading blf has a huge failure rate sadly, even if the light was 100$ only its still big chance u get a broken light after a while… I have a policy to never buy a light more then 100$ from banggood, the most i gave for a light there was the mf01 and 02 for 78$.

I purchased Imalent RT70 a few weeks back. Was going to buy from BG but having read all the dramas here, I purchased from an Australian business as consumer laws here are quite in the customers favour re warranty and it was only 10-15% over BG price with coupon.

Today my Battery-Board arrived and 10 heatshrink-tubes. If I find time, I will interchange the board.

Imalent actually sent you components to fix it yourself? I seriously did not think they would do that.

Did they make you sign a waiver saying you forfeit all warranty service and that they are not responsible if you set yourself on fire? Lol

Yes they dont wanted me to sign anything.

First they wanted me to make a video, I do not know if I have done it. Perhaps I have only written, I can do.
Then I found out, that after cool-down, the flashlight did work and that the problem only occurs with warm flashlight and batterypack. Then the batterypack shows less than 100mV.
Then the wanted me to send the flashlight back to them to check it and send a reapaired back. I refused it and told them, that I am shure that it is a problem with the battery board. And I offered to change it myselfs.
After That they wanted to get a photo to send the correct part. I send them the picture above.
At least I was asked about my adress and they told me a tracking-number.
And thats what I got:

Perhaps with some more mails they would have sent me a full battery pack, but thats enough to repair the flashlight. I wanted to solve the problem quickly.

:open_mouth: That is a lot of work to build a battery pack. Please take step by step picture if you can, it will be good for others as reference.

Having charged my DX80,I tried to see what the voltage of the battery was written on the small screen,but I couldn’t.I pressed three times when locked but also when unlocked, but in vain.
What has I made wrong?

Is this a 2nd generation?

I have an Imalent DX-80 Flashlight, I can’t get it to go to Turbo or Strobe Modes? I got it in late February or early March.