Non Flashlight orders/received

Ordered this 1KW watt Variac. It’s not an isolation transformer, but it will work for fixing old tubed amplifiers that may have shorts, etc. Used in conjunction with a current limiter (incandescent light bulb in series with load) and a clamp current meter. It should do the trick.

Got my Variac today. The built-in meter sucks, so I ordered a digital meter that’s an exact fit. The maximum voltage at 122 volts input is 150 volts AC out. In the wrong hands, it can damage your equipment.

At 100%

Milwaukee M12 Heated ToughShell jacket. Cuz negative digits last 2 nights really sucks.
Got a $99 deal I couldn’t pass up with free shipping. Also should be eligible for a free Milwaukee M12 2.0 battery with E-rebate. But free batt rebate gonna take some hoops to make happen as it’s technically not for this color from this authorizes retailer. B&M rebate form should work.

Only have Gray in XL at this price.
MILWAUKEE-201G-20XL

Those Milwaukee M12's I see all the time up here in Canada at Home Depot for $229.00 You got a pretty good deal.

Been looking for a while and keeping tabs on the deals and rebates.
Just submitted the free batt rebate. If the batt comes in, possibly up to 6 weeks, this is basically the “$229 Kit” without the charger for $100.

And OOOOH MAN it is toasty on high.

Speaking of toasty, I just got one of these baklavas today. Quite nice, ’though I could’ve really used it earlier this week when windchills were down in the negative ’teens.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091CC1OG/

Stick it on your head, fully down is a neck-scarf of sorts, fully up is like a ski-mask, take down the hat part and wear just the face mask to keep your mug warm, or take down the face mask and wear just the hat as, well, a hat.

Seems lightweight but fleecy, so should be warm without being stifling.

Kinda wishing for some c-c-c-c-cold days to give it a good workout, see how it fares.

I received the grips today.

I ordered them on January 12th.

I paid for the cheapest shipping, and shipping turned out to be rather quick!

These grips fit PS3 and PS4 controllers very well.

I love 'em!

The only other grips I have used are these:

https://www.amazon.com/GelTabz-Performance-Thumb-Grips-PlayStation-4/dp/B00GOOSV98

The GelTabz are much more expensive, and not nearly as good.

The AliExpress grips are a tremendous deal!

I received this today.

Pretty quick shipping once again.

My ginormous noggin fits perfectly.

It looks better in person than in the picture above, except for the neck area.

This is a very nice mask, and a great deal to boot.

UPDATES for my two purchases:

The grips are nice, but they're not at nice as the ones that came with my used PS3 controller.

Here's my niece wearing my mask...

Her name is "Alice Myers".

The mask looks pretty good, but it does have a small bald spot on the top of the head that you would probably only notice if you're looking for it.

If you push the hair backwards, like you should, it mostly covers the bald spot.

Wellp, MM is no doubt going through Serial-Killer Pattern Baldness…

The bald spot is a little annoying, but if it's my biggest complaint, then it's a good mask for the money.

By the way, the mask has a nice heft to it and looks like it's made well.

Near the holiday of Halloween, sometimes I try on masks at retail stores, and they're always too small for me, except for the hockey masks which will fit anyone.

Æons ago, I got a Kirk/Myers mask in a shop in the West Village. They’d advertise on teevee right before Hallowe’en and sell costumes, make-up, the usual Hallowe’en accoutrements. Actual H1 mask, plain and no “scars” like on the one you got.

Gawd, wearing that for even 5min drove me nuts. Hot, stifling, the works. No idea how actors who get latex prostheses to play aliens, etc., could stand it, when it’d take 4hrs just to put it on, another 2hrs to take it off, and who knows how long shooting for that day.

Picked up some more NiMH cells on sale…

Where’s the sale :question:

Right now there isn’t one, but Newegg often has them on sale.

I said the name of those cells out loud and my wife said Gesundheit! :stuck_out_tongue:

I ordered an electric blanket...

https://www.target.com/p/microplush-with-sherpa-electric-blanket-biddeford-blankets/-/A-52512123

I have one already, but it's a Full and my bed is a Queen.

I'm a tall guy, so I could use the extra five (or so) inches.

I really wanted to get a Sunbeam blanket, but I couldn't find one with good online feedback.

Apparently they don't make 'em like they used to.

I love this darn thing. First non tube AM radio I have enjoyed listening to in a long time. Shows every darn speck of dust and fingerprint though. Drives me crazy.

Nice radio, Todd!

I got my first binocular:

Also picked up an AC line splitter:

[quote=Pete7874]
Nice radio, Todd!

I got my first binocular:

Nice glass. I know Leupold make some mighty fine optics. I have a pair of Bushnell that look very similar to those. Of course the quality isn’t close to those Leupold’s. Big eye openings make them a joy to use and a fairly large field of view. Xtra Wide is what I think Bushnell calls them. I might have to save my pennies for a Leupold one day. They make some nice rifle scopes too. :slight_smile: